Jump to content
Canton Mike

Freddie's Staff searches

Recommended Posts

One name that popped into my head is Carson Palmer. He just retired in early 2018, knows Freddie well (in fact, was instrumental in getting Freddie his life saving medical help), & could be a tremendous assistant on the offensive side of the ball IF he would be interested. Just a thought.

What names can you folks think of, particularly on D.

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has to be a role here for De Fillipo. It wasn’t a good fit for him with Zimmer but he’s a good offensive mind I’d like to see in the staff. Him, Baker and King Frederick of Berea will be a good mix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even tho I do not want him I can see Manning in Haslams ear about Gase as OC if he does not get a HC job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

One name that popped into my head is Carson Palmer. He just retired in early 2018, knows Freddie well (in fact, was instrumental in getting Freddie his life saving medical help), & could be a tremendous assistant on the offensive side of the ball IF he would be interested. Just a thought.

What names can you folks think of, particularly on D.

Mike

Carson Palmer seems to think Josh Allen will be a better QB than Baker Mayfield so not so sure I want that guy. I wouldn't mind seeing Jack Del Rio as D coordinator, or Vance Joseph, maybe even Steve Wilks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The OC is going to have to be someone whos satisfied with a reduced role as more of an assistant , I will be GREATLY disappointed if Freddie isnt calling the plays and making the game plan on offense. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

If we land a combo of Deflippo and Pagano I will be pumped. I would be a little concerned with a power struggle between kitchens and deflippo 

I never liked flip's designed QB running options. Way to screw up a franchise in one bad read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Ray Horton would be an intriguing hire as DC. 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

One name that popped into my head is Carson Palmer. He just retired in early 2018, knows Freddie well (in fact, was instrumental in getting Freddie his life saving medical help), & could be a tremendous assistant on the offensive side of the ball IF he would be interested. Just a thought.

What names can you folks think of, particularly on D.

Mike

Jim Schwartz.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ballpeen said:

Jim Schwartz.

whole heartedly endorse this.  Guy is an asshole but coaches the hell out of defense, uses concepts similar to Williams and might be one of the more creative DC's in getting exotic with 4 man pressures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a couple weeks, the Browns could probably land Manny Diaz and Kliff Kingsbury, they dont seem to stay at a job they get hired to for more than a couple weeks.

Then in the weeks that follow, we can revisit this lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Jim Schwartz.

Jim's from Maryland. His daughters attend Georgetown like Jim did. I'd love the idea of landing him, but imo he's a HC or he stays in philly..McCarthy is getting paid & can sit a year..The Jets might be in the same family lo-cal..stay tuned..Can the Jets trade for a DC or HC only?  Edit-- as i post this.. Rapsheet says Adam Gase to Jets..them dummies :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think Ray Horton would be an intriguing hire as DC. 

PLEASE put this in pink!!!   EDIT: Your friendly Moderators aim to please...   

Mike

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

In a couple weeks, the Browns could probably land Manny Diaz and Kliff Kingsbury, they dont seem to stay at a job they get hired to for more than a couple weeks.

Then in the weeks that follow, we can revisit this lol 

I'll give Cow-pie credit at least for pointing this out. Other than beating Kansas with regularity, Kingsbury's coaching record sucks against the rest of the college ranks....   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

One name that popped into my head is Carson Palmer. He just retired in early 2018, knows Freddie well (in fact, was instrumental in getting Freddie his life saving medical help), & could be a tremendous assistant on the offensive side of the ball IF he would be interested. Just a thought.

What names can you folks think of, particularly on D.

Mike

I'd prefer some experienced guys since he's a 1st time HC. I know he coached under Whisenhunt in ARZ who had Russ Grimm who could be his OL/AHC and Teryl Austin was also on staff too. Tom Moore also coached with Kitchens in ARZ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

whole heartedly endorse this.  Guy is an asshole but coaches the hell out of defense, uses concepts similar to Williams and might be one of the more creative DC's in getting exotic with 4 man pressures.

Can't see Schwartz making a lateral move.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Realplayer said:

Can't see Schwartz making a lateral move.

Unless he and the iggles part ways... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I think we should branch out and get Stump .......  or am I barking up the wrong tree

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll give Cow-pie credit at least for pointing this out. Other than beating Kansas with regularity, Kingsbury's coaching record sucks against the rest of the college ranks....   

Reminds me of the Al Golden hire in Miami at Miami University... I believe Donna Shalala was Athletic director then....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Jim's from Maryland. His daughters attend Georgetown like Jim did. I'd love the idea of landing him, but imo he's a HC or he stays in philly..McCarthy is getting paid & can sit a year..The Jets might be in the same family lo-cal..stay tuned..Can the Jets trade for a DC or HC only?  Edit-- as i post this.. Rapsheet says Adam Gase to Jets..them dummies :huh:

That may be.  I was just responding to a question and mentioned Schwartz, who I like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll give Cow-pie credit at least for pointing this out. Other than beating Kansas with regularity, Kingsbury's coaching record sucks against the rest of the college ranks....   

44A7D21E-D043-4830-9486-B9A0DF903BDF.jpeg.05aa70771415808ba65d93177bb437c3.jpeg

colins first job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll give Cow-pie credit at least for pointing this out. Other than beating Kansas with regularity, Kingsbury's coaching record sucks against the rest of the college ranks....   

I dont know what you are giving him credit for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×