THE BROWNS BOARD

KITCHENS NEW HEAD COACH

darren15

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/13/2019 at 11:29 AM, Tour2ma said:

Well... since I agreed with his take, where's my ban?

If he wants to say Mayfield is a punk- this has some basis. Saying he thinks 4 other qbs in that draft could turn out better? How much you willing to bet on that one Tour? Yeah- the Earth could get hit by and asteroid in the same time frame, and it's just about as likely.   

3 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Select

Mary Kay or Grossi to be the most negative at Freddie'e presser in 5 minutes ....

Its because Freddie does not have sex appeal.  She likes guys that can give her a little clittie stim......Freddie ain't that guy.

(am I making jokes at MKC's expense....certainly.  The only guy I have really seen her orgasmic over has been Jimmy G.)

Enjoyed that presser by Kitchens and Dorsey .......... great togetherness and I am excited for the future .....black uncle fester is long long in the past now :)

“It drives me crazy that people are happy with 7-8-1. It drives me literally crazy and if I was in a different setting, my vocabulary would demonstrate that. But that’s not acceptable. Nobody here wants that. We understand that was an improvement but under no circumstance is that ever going to be acceptable. We only have one goal here and that’s to hoist the Lombardi Trophy.”  -  Freddie Kitchens 

Get some coach! 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

“It drives me crazy that people are happy with 7-8-1. It drives me literally crazy and if I was in a different setting, my vocabulary would demonstrate that. But that’s not acceptable. Nobody here wants that. We understand that was an improvement but under no circumstance is that ever going to be acceptable. We only have one goal here and that’s to hoist the Lombardi Trophy.”  -  Freddie Kitchens 

Get some coach! 

Freddie, there's a difference between being "happy" and "satisfied".  0-16 to 7-8-1 is serious improvement, so yeah, I'm happy. Like a guy who's been in solitary confinement for 20 years- like the Browns, gets sprung into the general Jail population. I bet he's "happy" but he still wants out of jail.. :)   

Just watched the press conference. He sure comes off as a genuine dude. Really genuine and honest. Basically admitting he’s not sure he’s ready to be a head coach and that he’s not afraid to ask for help. Probably true for any first time head coach, but not every one has the cajones to admit it. I like him.

I already liked him, but I don't watch a 45 min presser of anything if I don't get captivated by the man. I love his attitude and I respect people with such humble and do your job mentality. 

An interesting point he mentioned was that he was going to make questions. I appreciate someone who knows that DOESN'T know all the answers and puts his pride aside just to improve on every aspect and make the right choices. When I see people on leading positions that don't take advices or allow suggestions that go over they head over and over, it makes me sick. 

American Football is the ultimate team sport. And this guy is a team player.

Go Freddie and go BROWNS!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Just watched the press conference. He sure comes off as a genuine dude. Really genuine and honest. Basically admitting he’s not sure he’s ready to be a head coach and that he’s not afraid to ask for help. Probably true for any first time head coach, but not every one has the cajones to admit it. I like him.

LOL, and the local radio sports guy bashed him for saying "he doesn't know everything yet". Not some slicker like McCarthy who would have an answer for everything. 

I wanted to call in and ask him if he knew everything there was to know when he first got on the air as a sports jock....  

The general ignorance from the commentators is pretty astounding that they haven't even bothered to research Freddie's coaching history, and the big names he's coached under. IIRC, I caught a little blurb in Kitchen's presser that Bill Parcells gave him a call....  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

LOL, and the local radio sports guy bashed him for saying "he doesn't know everything yet". Not some slicker like McCarthy who would have an answer for everything. 

I wanted to call in and ask him if he knew everything there was to know when he first got on the air as a sports jock....  

The general ignorance from the commentators is pretty astounding that they haven't even bothered to research Freddie's coaching history, and the big names he's coached under. IIRC, I caught a little blurb in Kitchen's presser that Bill Parcells gave him a call....  

Hot takes are much easier than actual research, and apparently worth more money. 

Just learned he played under Gene Stallings at bama...guys been grinding under some of the best his whole life

25 minutes ago, choco said:

Just learned he played under Gene Stallings at bama...guys been grinding under some of the best his whole life

Stallings was such a bad offensive playcaller his first stint at A&M that 4.0 GPA Chem. Engineering major QB Ed Hargett would just shake his head in the huddle and tell the team to go to the line where he would change the play. He didn't even bother to relay Stallings's play a good deal of the time.

However, Stallings did later spend time on Tom Landry's staff with the Cowboys before he eventually went to Bama and was smart enough to get a good OC. He was always an excellent defensive coach though.

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

It’s pretty apparent Freddie is no master of the microphone, but that’s pretty unimportant. He’s got the right ideas. Focus on people and relationships, and get everyone on the same page working towards a common goal. 

It will be fun to watch his evolution as he gets more comfortable in the role. There were a couple points during the press conference where he seemed to try and debunk the perception that he’s a nice guy who gets along with everyone. There was his question to a question “You think Baker and l have a good relationship?” and his answer to another similarly themed question where his reply was something like, “did the player say l was easy to get along with when they made a mental mistake?” 

I’m trying to figure out where the “easy to get along with” perception comes from, and it may be because everyone says nice things about him and we’ve never really seen him mad. But maybe he’s more of a taskmaster than we think he is? 

I guess l’m of the opinion that if you are at or near the top, you certainly don’t want to be an asshole all the time, but you better be sure you have a pair of asshole pants that you can put on when you need to. This was imo one of Hue’s downfalls. He was terribly uncomfortable in the authoritarian role and it showed. People sense that stuff. 

Archived