THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Owner screwing it up again

The Gipper

9 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Most all local reports have the Haslams as part of John Dorsey’s search committee for head coach candidates. But where the rubber hits the road, Kitchens reports to Dorsey. The haslams have been and are letting Dorsey run the Browns. The national media are a bunch of liars. 

here we go again:o..Wilks or from out of nowhere (Parcells to Jimmy "try another gift") Steve Spagnuolo..tick tock... (my recent late father would have picked Spag's up at the airport ;))

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

here we go again:o..Wilks or from out of nowhere (Parcells to Jimmy "try another gift") Steve Spagnuolo..tick tock...

One guy said the Browns had the most attractive HC job because of Baker Mayfield. Another sez it’s the worst HC job because of Baker Mayfield....... hilarious 

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

One guy said the Browns had the most attractive HC job because of Baker Mayfield. Another sez it’s the worst HC job because of Baker Mayfield....... hilarious 

Two people have different opinions on the same subject?

Earth shattering news there. 

On 1/13/2019 at 12:02 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

Look up the word hilarious 

On 1/13/2019 at 9:35 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Your sense of humor needs work. 

And this has what to do with the Browns? cool it guys...   

Browns Owner screwing it up again

I've stayed out of this thread up until now.  I'm not a big Haslam fan.  But it didn't seem to me that he was 'screwing it up' too much this time around.  Of course we can't know how involved he was.  We don't know if Freddie was Haslam's mandate.  But it seems like it could've been Dorsey's show.  We DO KNOW that Haslam wan't on stage for today's presser introducing Freddie.  Perhaps, in Dorsey, he has someone he feels he can trust and has turned more of the reigns over to him.

On 1/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, The Gipper said:

Like every single other fan....including every single one of all of you.....we only get our information from them media.  If they make a statement...we have no way to confirm it.  If they make a mistake...we have no way to correct it.  We have to wait until other media.....or the same media, comes out with corrections. 

So, unless you were one of the 8-10 motherfuckers who sat in on that search committee...your information was not one goddamned farthing better than anything that I or anyone else has heard about what went on.   If there are speculations...we may repeat them...until we know the actual truth.

And, by the way....the Mafia killed JFK.   There were no weapons of mass destruction...that was just a prevarication for an excuse to go after Saddam.

And there are beings on other planets (but that does not mean that they have visited us)

you are correct however, we should have kept kitchens as our oc as now he will not have as much time with baker as he did when he was oc...big mistake....and very seldom does this shit work when you hire within for a hc....stupid move in my opinion whoever made it...watch and see....

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 11:40 AM, The Gipper said:

Maybe Jimmy didn't fuck it up this time....but apparently not without trying.  I heard that Depo and maybe Berry wanted Stefanski....but that Dorsey stuck to his guns with Kitchen....and got his way. 

So maybe, just maybe, JimmyDee is brightening up.

or maybe they said it was a person that need to be considered.   I don't see Depo as a decision maker..   He may be a decision breaker.     I see it as he said here is another option we might need to look at.

In the end, Dorsey said that everybody was in agreement

22 minutes ago, browns52 said:

you are correct however, we should have kept kitchens as our oc as now he will not have as much time with baker as he did when he was oc...big mistake....and very seldom does this shit work when you hire within for a hc....stupid move in my opinion whoever made it...watch and see....

Yeah...working out terrible for the Rams having the HC call the plays and work with the QB.  Would suck to have that kind of success.

2 hours ago, browns52 said:

I don’t believe I asserted that Freddy should continue to be our OC. I don’t believe I favored anyone in particular for the head coaching job other than to say that the team we had their Williams and kitchen seem to be doing well 

15 hours ago, browns52 said:

i suppose the better idea would have been to allow kitchens to get poached next year, leaving us with nothing.  way to think that one through...🙄

20 hours ago, browns52 said:

Personally, I wish We hired Gregg as HC, and let Freddie be OC. Maybe in the near future Freddie could take over, but I wanted him to get more experience calling plays and leading the team. He's still young (mid 40s), and i'm hoping he doesn't get in over his head calling the plays and being the head coach. People like him and respect him, but can Freddie get angry with the players? Can he bring out the intensity? Will he get Fired up like Gregg did? I hope he's not too buddy buddy with the players and demands respect. I hope he's not too much of a "nice guy".

I get why Dorsey brought in Freddie and why he wanted him, he's definitely a skilled coach. I feel like Freddie is completely a Dorsey pick. I'm hoping its the right one, and I'm wishing Gregg the best with the Jets D.

On 1/14/2019 at 5:29 PM, Orion said:

I've stayed out of this thread up until now.  I'm not a big Haslam fan.  But it didn't seem to me that he was 'screwing it up' too much this time around.  Of course we can't know how involved he was.  We don't know if Freddie was Haslam's mandate.  But it seems like it could've been Dorsey's show.  We DO KNOW that Haslam wan't on stage for today's presser introducing Freddie.  Perhaps, in Dorsey, he has someone he feels he can trust and has turned more of the reigns over to him.

could be maybe he was innocent of all chargers when his truck stops were under investigation and felt the need to be more hands on to make sure things we being run properly in Cleveland of course only to screw things up,so maybe he learned his lesson and figured out that running truck stops and a football team are completely different animals and stepped back to let the football guys run things

26 minutes ago, ATOM said:

could be maybe he was innocent of all chargers when his truck stops were under investigation

...awfully hard to believe that he and the janitor were the only ones that didn't know what was going on.

- Bowie and his band were great.  I hope you never change your avatar.        (headphones, turn it up real loud.....great guitar band)

Archived