THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Owner screwing it up again

The Gipper

6 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

The Japanese were eating bratwurst :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

You know what's not analytics? Being the Seahawks and telling Russell Wilson who's having one of the historically best deep ball seasons of all time.. to hand the ball off for under 2 YPC more than 30 times under the magical theory that "If We Run 30 Times We Win" ... watching the theory fail, and not changing.

Oh it was analytics all right. But they forgot that the data came from before Beastmode left. LOL!😜

...and maybe Haslam saw the negative reaction on twitter and other media regarding possibly hiring Stefanski over Kitchens, a couple hours before, and changed his mind. Gipper was NOT premature in the original post. It was all over the media, of a power struggle between Dorsey and DePodesta. I think it was accurate and the Hillbilly came to his senses. 

14 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

...and maybe Haslam saw the negative reaction on twitter and other media regarding possibly hiring Stefanski over Kitchens, a couple hours before, and changed his mind. Gipper was NOT premature in the original post. It was all over the media, of a power struggle between Dorsey and DePodesta. I think it was accurate and the Hillbilly came to his senses. 

If we were at all serious about Stefanski, I think we dodged the bullet that would have been the Browns final killshot. The Coup de Grace.

Well....maybe Parcells was advising Haslam to hire Stefanski....who knows? I feel a lot more comfortable with Kitchens....still very concerned about the coordinators and assistants he can bring in, though.

37 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Gee, nobody seems to mention Bill Parcells in this. He is consulting with the Haslams. 

could you see Parcells asking his wife anything about football? thanks for stepping in Bill !! 

1 hour ago, lodilobo said:

again...its was all over the media because one guy on the local beat connected some unrelated dots and that was his conclusion.  other media members piggybacking off groosi's story.  with was nothing more than made up bullshit.

Jimmy and those boys may have sat in on the meetings, but this is Dorsey's football team. He has been given free reign from the Haslems. His players, his coach, his QB. This is what we wanted Holmgren to do for Lerner Jr., take the team out of his hands and build a winning organization. But Mike got a little too comfortable.

holmgren-relaxes-copy.jpg

1 hour ago, choco said:

again...its was all over the media because one guy on the local beat connected some unrelated dots and that was his conclusion.  other media members piggybacking off groosi's story.  with was nothing more than made up bullshit.

Made up bullshit or not....I don't think it was purely coincidental that within a couple hours after it was out there, Mortenson was reporting that Kitchens was the new HC.

Just now, lodilobo said:

Made up bullshit or not....I don't think it was purely coincidental that within a couple hours after it was out there, Mortenson was reporting that Kitchens was the new HC.

...and why is Grossi getting the blame?....that's not where I heard it.

16 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I am guessing some of you feel silly in hind sight 🤣, trust the process

Maybe Jimmy didn't fuck it up this time....but apparently not without trying.  I heard that Depo and maybe Berry wanted Stefanski....but that Dorsey stuck to his guns with Kitchen....and got his way. 

So maybe, just maybe, JimmyDee is brightening up.

16 hours ago, ballpeen said:

They said leading the search.  Leading implies that others would be following the lead.

Yes...but then there were reports out that he was NOT leading the search...that he was just one of the voices.

So...it is highly possible that THOSE reports were wrong...that Dorsey was in fact "leading".   And that is good.

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Jimmy and those boys may have sat in on the meetings, but this is Dorsey's football team. He has been given free reign from the Haslems. His players, his coach, his QB. This is what we wanted Holmgren to do for Lerner Jr., take the team out of his hands and build a winning organization. But Mike got a little too comfortable.

holmgren-relaxes-copy.jpg

What is Holmgren doing these days?   Nothing in football that I am aware of.  Perhaps he is home....riding golf carts around, smoking, drinking and living off all the money Randy gave him?

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

It is true that people believe conspiracy theories.  Still waiting on that actual evidence of Iraq's weapons of mass destruction..

I have yet to see one piece of evidence that could even be construed to be interference by Haslam.  Until then, I don't believe assertions.

Like every single other fan....including every single one of all of you.....we only get our information from them media.  If they make a statement...we have no way to confirm it.  If they make a mistake...we have no way to correct it.  We have to wait until other media.....or the same media, comes out with corrections. 

So, unless you were one of the 8-10 motherfuckers who sat in on that search committee...your information was not one goddamned farthing better than anything that I or anyone else has heard about what went on.   If there are speculations...we may repeat them...until we know the actual truth.

And, by the way....the Mafia killed JFK.   There were no weapons of mass destruction...that was just a prevarication for an excuse to go after Saddam.

And there are beings on other planets (but that does not mean that they have visited us)

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Grossi isn't getting the blame....it is just one guy on here that has a hard on for him.

Though there are legit questions how many sources (if any) Grossi has left inside the organization. Would it be a stretch to say MKC has more? 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Though there are legit questions how many sources (if any) Grossi has left inside the organization. Would it be a stretch to say MKC has more? 

I don't know why.  She has been known far more for showing shit on the ceiling to see if it sticks than Grossi has. 

21 hours ago, gumby73 said:

could you see Parcells asking his wife anything about football? thanks for stepping in Bill !! 

He has been “consulting” with jimmy for some time now. I’m thinking about the same time that haslam started showing a working brain cell. BP strongly suggested Dorsey. Jimmy listened

6 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

He has been “consulting” with jimmy for some time now. I’m thinking about the same time that haslam started showing a working brain cell. BP strongly suggested Dorsey. Jimmy listened

Remember when  Art Modell hired Bill Belichick.......on the advice of Bobby Knight?  

I mean, that could have worked out....but what we got instead   was a heaping helping of Turdle soup. 

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Remember when  Art Modell hired Bill Belichick.......on the advice of Bobby Knight?  

I mean, that could have worked out....but what we got instead   was a heaping helping of Turdle soup. 

I'd say it did work out.   Made the playoffs and won a playoff game in the 3rd or 4th season with the Browns, team was trending in the right direction until the announcement in November 95 and the season went in the shitter after that.   I'd say it was a hire that worked out and should've worked out for a longer term if not for Art and his money problems.

11 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I'd say it did work out.   Made the playoffs and won a playoff game in the 3rd or 4th season with the Browns, team was trending in the right direction until the announcement in November 95 and the season went in the shitter after that.   I'd say it was a hire that worked out and should've worked out for a longer term if not for Art and his money problems.

Meh.....maybe....I think it should have worked out that I would have won that 1.6 billion dollar lottery.  Can't change history .  We had 4 out of 5 losing seasons with BB......and of course we had all the drama and bile that came with him.   

SOME claim that the animosity that the fans had toward BB enable Modell to make the decision to try to move.  I don't know about that.  

I do know that Modell did not want the Bitter Beer face to be the face of his new franchise in Baltimore...so he canned him.  

In some respects...things worked out for both of them.   While Modell's money problems never got any better, he did get his money out of the team when he was forced to sell it and found Biscotti to buy it.  It worked out for B-more...in that Biscotti brought them 2 titles (yes...I give credit to Biscotti...NOT to ElCid Modell).  It worked out for BB because he eventually made it to NE....and he got extremely lucky having a 6th round pick become the plausible GOAT.    In sense...the only ones who got screwed heavily were the fans of Cleveland!  Three years no team...and 20 years of a shit show with the owners we have had. 

But! Now....the Browns are going to roll through the NFL like a Panzer Unit:

Archived