THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Owner screwing it up again

The Gipper

Well...it looks like Jimmy Haslam is in there screwing up the coaching search once again.

We all understood that this was supposed to be a situation where GM John Dorsey was going to conduct the search...and present his reccommendation to the owner.

But.......NOOOOOOO.    JH has to get his over officious ass involved once again.  Instead of Dorsey being in charge, it appears that  there is like a 6 person committee involved.....including Dorsey, Haslam, DePodesta, Andrew Berry,  Jimmy's son-in-law, and  Eliot Wolf.   While clearly JH has the final say....we thought this search was going to be based on football, and not on some committee bullshit.

I mean, again, it appears that the Browns are being run like the Trump White House,  by nepotism and ineptitude.  It is the same old shit over and over and over again when it comes to these head coaching searches.

1b456630d17e8bc32f137707987cbec4.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just seen that, and apparently word is there is already a power struggle between the two sides with Paul "Carson Wentz isnt a 1st round QB" DePodesta wanting Stefanski and Dorsey wanting Kitchens. 

Yep, here we go again. The fact is Stefanski was a mediocre at best OC fill in hence why the Vikings are letting him walk. But muh analytics sez he is HC material. The same analytics that said Clueless Hue Jackson was HC material. 

Fawk Paulie D, Jimmuh, Andrew Berry and Jimmuh's son in Law. This should be Dorsey and Eliot Wolf doing the interviews with Dorsey picking. 

Just when you think this idiot has seen the light...he creates another internal struggle. WTF is it that DePodesta does again?? If I were Dorsey, I would just resign today and let these losers wallow in their incompetence.

Jimmy Trump is at the head of it all .......  maybe he wont allow Dorsey to name a head coach until he agrees to build a wall in front of the dog pound .....

I think the reporter who first put this out is guessing ....if he is not guessing and it is correct I would not blame Dorsey for walking ......... then we take a step backwards and get a De Podesta guy in who will take us 5 steps back after going 4 steps forward with Dorsey

3 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

I wonder if Randy Lerner would consider buying the team back....( being sarcastic )....

I wish someone would buy the team .........

If there was any disharmony in the organization I am sure Grossi and Mary Kay would of already tweeted about it .....any negativity and they are onto it like flies around shit .....

Must e been old then ... Was reported right after eberflus interview who was on the committee.  Never saw any reports claiming only Dorsey was alone on the process ... Even Dorseys end of the year presser, he said there was a committee, would not reveal who was on it.

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

Is there evidence this isnt dorseys call?

We'll never know. Jimmy had to sign off on it. And if DePodesta wanted Middlin' Stefanski as HC, he should be out the door with Williams...   

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...it looks like Jimmy Haslam is in there screwing up the coaching search once again.

We all understood that this was supposed to be a situation where GM John Dorsey was going to conduct the search...and present his reccommendation to the owner.

But.......NOOOOOOO.    JH has to get his over officious ass involved once again.  Instead of Dorsey being in charge, it appears that  there is like a 6 person committee involved.....including Dorsey, Haslam, DePodesta, Andrew Berry,  Jimmy's son-in-law, and  Eliot Wolf.   While clearly JH has the final say....we thought this search was going to be based on football, and not on some committee bullshit.

I mean, again, it appears that the Browns are being run like the Trump White House,  by nepotism and ineptitude.  It is the same old shit over and over and over again when it comes to these head coaching searches.

Overreact much?    Looks like the rumors had little basis and John got his guy.  I'd say most teams have a group of insiders who give their input on a coaching hire.  The GM or person making the call wants to hear from the others on his team.

8 minutes ago, Horn of Lake Erie said:

What the hell do you need "analytics" for when choosing a HC. Dude is a waste salary. 

Maybe none at all, but he is a trusted, reasoned voice.

How do you know he is a waste of salary, plus, you aren't paying him, so what do you care?

1 hour ago, Horn of Lake Erie said:

What the hell do you need "analytics" for when choosing a HC. Dude is a waste salary. 

Analytics are used in hiring throughout business anymore. Ever taken a trimetrics assessment? I can assure you they are scary good at getting to the core of who you are. 

2 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

A79D24E8-BFE0-4C35-974B-A63A30280F5A.jpeg

Just maybe you can teach an old owner new tricks.   :D  Jimmuh is slowly getting the hang of being an owner.  

Looks like it took Dorsey hitting the 2018 draft out of the park for Halam finally realizing gee, I lucked into hiring a GM who finally knows what he's doing.... 

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

fucking stupid fucking shitstain brown owner....i ficking knew it...it was all toooooo fucking good to be true....fuck this shit....

18 minutes ago, browns52 said:

fucking stupid fucking shitstain brown owner....i ficking knew it...it was all toooooo fucking good to be true....fuck this shit....

So who did YOU want? Just curious.  

9 hours ago, choco said:

Must e been old then ... Was reported right after eberflus interview who was on the committee.  Never saw any reports claiming only Dorsey was alone on the process ... Even Dorseys end of the year presser, he said there was a committee, would not reveal who was on it.

Yep. Dorsey has connections of course, but his strengths are finding players. He's never hired a coach before, so he was wise to seek input and verify/validate his hunches.

3 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Analytics are used in hiring throughout business anymore. Ever taken a trimetrics assessment? I can assure you they are scary good at getting to the core of who you are. 

Never let facts get in the way of a good rant.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

I really don't understand why multiple people on this forum think they're making a point when they spout emotional nonsense against "analytics."  If you've ever analyzed profiles of the customers who buy your product.. that's analytics.  If you've ever tried to make sure your emotions aren't clouding your judgement.. that's analytics. 

You know what's not analytics? Being the Seahawks and telling Russell Wilson who's having one of the historically best deep ball seasons of all time.. to hand the ball off for under 2 YPC more than 30 times under the magical theory that "If We Run 30 Times We Win" ... watching the theory fail, and not changing.

Archived