Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The man given talent can work magic.   The Browns should roll the dice.   I have never seen a coach get players to play at the top of their game more so than Martz.  


Remember what McVay did for the Rams.   Martz could do the same with the Browns and make that young QB a legend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martz is signed up to be one of the HCs in the AAF.    San Diego I believe.

And he is now old as dirt...and time has passed him by. He's older than me.

So, just, NO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Martz is signed up to be one of the HCs in the AAF.    San Diego I believe.

And he is now old as dirt...and time has passed him by. He's older than me.

So, just, NO.

Yoda was old too.   He is a master of offensive football.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rams 81 said:

Yoda was old too.   He is a master of offensive football.    

And we have our HC- and it's not Mike.  As Gipper said, he probably wouldn't bail on the AAFC to be the Browns OC.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Rams 81 said:

Yoda was old too.   He is a master of offensive football.    

Dinosaurs once ruled the Earth.  No more.  Martz is a dinosaur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Dinosaurs once ruled the Earth.  No more.  Martz is a dinosaur.

Martzasaurus, ex Ravens/Jets HC Ryanasaurus Rex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I couldn't think of anything funnier to add to this thread..... Then I though of Kurt Warner, Trent Green and Marc Bulger playing 'Paper , Rock , Scissors....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck it, let's just bring back Don Coryell. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, D Bone said:

Fuck it, let's just bring back Don Coryell. 

I think he is dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, darren15 said:

Martzasaurus, ex Ravens/Jets HC Ryanasaurus Rex

How well did the last 2 "ryan defenses" work here under his brother and pettine? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2019 at 5:33 PM, D Bone said:

Fuck it, let's just bring back Don Coryell. 

 

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think he is dead.

I KNOW he is dead!

Mike

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think he is dead.

Then take him off the list then. 😝

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking "Rams 81" was Mike Martz...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I'm thinking "Rams 81" was Mike Martz...

Or his wife or one of his kids.  

Martz basically destroyed the Rams team that Vermeil built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Or his wife or one of his kids.  

Martz basically destroyed the Rams team that Vermeil built.

Hmm. How?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Then take him off the list then. 😝

I didn't put him on

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Mark O said:

Or his wife or one of his kids.  

Martz basically destroyed the Rams team that Vermeil built.

Well.... Martz DID take them back to the Super Bowl....and they were an Adam Vinatieri kick away from winning it.  Vermeil wasn't going to stick around under any circumstances.  I honestly do not know if they would have fared better under Vermeil had he stayed than they did under Martz.  

I just think, as I said, that Martz is too old and is basically a dinosaur  (but perhaps someone can convince me otherwise).

He was sort of ahead of his time.  I mean, in a sense, is it fair to say that all these collegiate type offenses that are being run in the NFL now are simply versions of Martz's "fast break" offenses?  Perhaps.

Let's see how he does in the AAF.

So...MarkO are you going to be fan of the San Diego  AAF team....that Martz is HC of? 

I am thinking about being a fan of theirs for one simple reason:   RB Bishop Sankey is playing for them.   He went to high school here in Wadsworth where I live and where my kids went to school.   As good of a reason as any to like that team.  (better than for the fact that some silly michifuckers play for some team).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So...MarkO are you going to be fan of the San Diego  AAF team....that Martz is HC of? 

I am thinking about being a fan of theirs for one simple reason:   RB Bishop Sankey is playing for them.   He went to high school here in Wadsworth where I live and where my kids went to school.   As good of a reason as any to like that team.  (better than for the fact that some silly michifuckers play for some team).

A fan??   I won't be going out and buy merchandise or even tickets to a game but if they're on tv and I catch a game, I'll definitely give it a look to see if it's any good.   Qualcomm or whatever they call it now is about 75 miles from here so it's not exactly down the street to drive to watch minor league football.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mark O said:

A fan??   I won't be going out and buy merchandise or even tickets to a game but if they're on tv and I catch a game, I'll definitely give it a look to see if it's any good.   Qualcomm or whatever they call it now is about 75 miles from here so it's not exactly down the street to drive to watch minor league football.  

No, I meant, you know...just a generic fan....watching them on TV, more or less hoping they will win.  

A little secret....I always liked the Chargers a bit....when they were in San Diego!!  Not so much now that they are in LA.  Reason:  San Diego was as bad as Cleveland in terms of their team's performance.  They have not had a title there since the Chargers won in 1963.  (and now SD is screwed, losing its football team after having lost the Clipper also some years back.)  And it seems a nice city (I have only been there...or near there twice)....not crazy stupid like LA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No, I meant, you know...just a generic fan....watching them on TV, more or less hoping they will win.  

A little secret....I always liked the Chargers a bit....when they were in San Diego!!  Not so much now that they are in LA.  Reason:  San Diego was as bad as Cleveland in terms of their team's performance.  They have not had a title there since the Chargers won in 1963.  (and now SD is screwed, losing its football team after having lost the Clipper also some years back.)  And it seems a nice city (I have only been there...or near there twice)....not crazy stupid like LA.

Very generic fan then.   Once I moved out here I was totally anti-Chargers but as I lived here longer I at least didn't root against them every week.  I really grew into a Rivers fan after hearing him in radio interviews that he did every week during the season.   Now that they've moved though, I can't root for them to win because that would suck for San Diego to have the team win a super bowl with LA in front of the name.    I'm hoping for a close game Sunday and Rivers plays great and the defense gives up a long drive for the winning TD or FG for the Patriots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Very generic fan then.   Once I moved out here I was totally anti-Chargers but as I lived here longer I at least didn't root against them every week.  I really grew into a Rivers fan after hearing him in radio interviews that he did every week during the season.   Now that they've moved though, I can't root for them to win because that would suck for San Diego to have the team win a super bowl with LA in front of the name.    I'm hoping for a close game Sunday and Rivers plays great and the defense gives up a long drive for the winning TD or FG for the Patriots.

Not gonna root for the Patriots.  Fuck them already.  I would most like to see a Chargers/Chiefs AFC  conf. championship game.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×