THE BROWNS BOARD

Kitchens

Zombo

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

My guess...Freddie gets the HC & Stefanski, INTERIM OC in Minnesota, (whose Vikings contract expires today & is NOT returning) will be OC & Asst HC.

Just an old man's mind (what's left of it) working.

Mike

21 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

FWIW, it sure seems like the stars are aligning in that sort of pattern and it would be just fine with me. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Stefanski was asked to interview for HC with the goal of surmising if he'd interested in taking this route if offered the position. The fact he's coming back to Cleveland leads me to believe this is exactly what the plan is.

I think he's coming in to sign up for the above (Freddie HC/Stefanski OC, asst HC) & I expect an announcement tonight or (most likely) tomorrow.

Mike

24 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

FWIW, it sure seems like the stars are aligning in that sort of pattern and it would be just fine with me. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Stefanski was asked to interview for HC with the goal of surmising if he'd interested in taking this route if offered the position. The fact he's coming back to Cleveland leads me to believe this is exactly what the plan is.

Im not excited one iota for stefanski.. Welcome back to the stoneage type Norv Turner offense.. blech!

2 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm not excited one iota for stefanski.. Welcome back to the stoneage type Norv Turner offense.. blech!

LOL, you know what our departed Flamebaiting Troll would say....   Stefanski will be running Freddie's offense. (MHO- for the most part) He wasn't exactly lighting up the NFC North, even with a QB like Cousins.  :) 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

If that turns out ot be the case, does Williams stick around as DC? Would he accept being demoted? Interesting Gregg hasn't gotten any interest in other HC gigs, but he may be waiting to see what happens when the smoke clears in Berea.....  

Not true, Bob Kraft called Gregg up a week ago and offered him Billy B's position, no interview needed just show up. 

4 hours ago, darren15 said:

My understanding is that two finalists for the #Browns head coach job are Freddie Kitchens and Kevin Stefanski. At this point, those are the only two known finalists, so that may be it. @TomPelissero said Stefanski headed there now, Kitchens is still in the building.

Kitchens is still in the building with Stefanski  headed back in. Stefanski's contract expired last night at midnight. That makes him fair game for an interview other than head coach. Do the math :)

38 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL, you know what our departed Flamebaiting Troll would say....   Stefanski will be running Freddie's offense. (MHO- for the most part) He wasn't exactly lighting up the NFC North, even with a QB like Cousins.  :) 

I'd be close to 100% confident that Kitchens will be running his offense and Stefanski will be one of the many OC's who assist in game planning and helping with managing players but not calling plays. 

4 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Kitchens is still in the building with Stefanski  headed back in. Stefanski's contract expired last night at midnight. That makes him fair game for an interview other than head coach. Do the math :)

Could it be Freddie and Kevin need to sit down and do a "compatibility talk"? I would doubt like hell Dorsey would try to ram an OC down Kitchen's throat that he doesn't like, or think he can't work with.....   

57 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

...sure, it adds up......but does it pass the smell test?

Who's guy is Stefanski?

Is he coming back to interview as OC?   And is that at the request of Freddie?  Or is this a shotgun from Dorsey?

Is it the other way around?  Kitchens is still in the building to see if Stefanski will keep him as OC?  (another shotgun)

It all just seems, weird to me.

54 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Could it be Freddie and Kevin need to sit down and do a "compatibility talk"? I would doubt like hell Dorsey would try to ram an OC down Kitchen's throat that he doesn't like, or think he can't work with.....   

Larry,

That's exactly what I think will happen. If compatible, the hire(s) may be announced tomorrow.

Mike

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Who's guy is Stefanski?

Is he coming back to interview as OC?   And is that at the request of Freddie?  Or is this a shotgun from Dorsey?

Is it the other way around?  Kitchens is still in the building to see if Stefanski will keep him as OC?  (another shotgun)

How weird is it that Haley wanted Freddie hired as his RB coach? Hue reunited with Bob Wylie. And nobody wants to claim Amos f'n Jones 😋..if it's Freddie am assuming Wylie would stay. But am not sure Freddie would fire his Zona mate in Famous Amos Jones though..that maybe a deciding factor that Dorsey chooses..  

If Kitchens is our next coach and Stefanski OC, I'm not enthusiastic about this move. Hopefully I'm wrong and Dorsey nails it, but I think it is a risky bet that follows the trend of offensive coaches in current NFL. 

I love Kitchens but I hope we don't ruin it by putting him in a position where he is over his head.

Stefanski, even if the ceremonial OC, gives the whole feeling that somebody felt it necessary to have "their guy" somewhere.

They got exponentially more than they expected from Williams and Kitchens and that threw a wrench in the process.

15 hours ago, Orion said:

Who's guy is Stefanski?

see my other thread...it is looking like Dorsey has actual little say in this hiring.   That if there is a shotgun wedding it may be made by the owner between Dorsey and whomever the owner wants to bring in.

Which to me means that Dorsey could decide to walk.

Archived