Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
domcucch1994

Antonio Brown

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

And you should be worried, because after around 18 years of making blown draft picks an art form, the Browns finally have a GM who knows how to recognize talent. Think Dorsey is a one hit wonder? Pat Mahomes and Tyreek Hill say otherwise.  

 

I won't argue about the relative merits of our WRs, but Vag is famous for hyping players that in the long run turn out to be busts.  He's not looking in the Steeler rearview mirror, but the Browns bus is gaining on them- fast. The Ravens D has already passed them by. Other than 4-5 positions, the talent level between the Browns and Steelers is negligible. I suppose we should thank Pittsburgh for one thing- because our blowout loss to them got the Huebatross and Haley sent packing. If Vag wants to play the "what if"game, I have little doubt if Williams and Kitchens start the year in the positions they ended up in, the Steelers would be looking up at the Browns in the standings. We were a crap kicker away from beating the Steelers and Saints, Balless Hue from beating the Raiders, and a no call helmet hit on Baker plus a fumble by Peppers beating the Bucs....   

He's wishin' and hopin' Brown doesn't leave- when their GM already said he's going to be shopped at the Combine. What his market value is remains to be seen. We know Bell is gone. 

LOL, here's what Bruce Arians had to say...   http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011019/article/bruce-arians-antonio-brown-too-much-of-a-diva

Boswell was shit too and the first game was a damn monsoon. You act like the steelers are just going to blow entire drafts and fall into obscurity. The Browns are finally going to field a team worth a shit, that doesn't mean other teams are just going to lay down. Get a fucking grip hoorta. You should be excited about the Browns but you are in a tough division with at least two teams that are normally good. I have to go back to the 2003 to find the last time the steelers didn't have a winning record. They were 6-10 and they drafted big Ben. Sooo let's just say Ben retires sooner than everyone thinks and the steelers suck a season or two and draft in the top 10 like the Browns do almost every damn year. What then? Gonna blow top ten draft picks like the Browns have? I fucking doubt it. Further more who have I hyped up that didn't materialize? The last one was Connor. The delusions here are hilarious. The Steelers have a track record of winning for a long ass time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Boswell was shit too and the first game was a damn monsoon. You act like the steelers are just going to blow entire drafts and fall into obscurity. The Browns are finally going to field a team worth a shit, that doesn't mean other teams are just going to lay down. Get a fucking grip hoorta. You should be excited about the Browns but you are in a tough division with at least two teams that are normally good. I have to go back to the 2003 to find the last time the steelers didn't have a winning record. They were 6-10 and they drafted big Ben. Sooo let's just say Ben retires sooner than everyone thinks and the steelers suck a season or two and draft in the top 10 like the Browns do almost every damn year. What then? Gonna blow top ten draft picks like the Browns have? I fucking doubt it. Further more who have I hyped up that didn't materialize? The last one was Connor. The delusions here are hilarious. The Steelers have a track record of winning for a long ass time.

Yada, yada, we're good, we've always been good. Is that all you got?  FWIW, some of us around here are old enough to remember when the Steelers were worse than the Browns- for a decade or so. Can't happen again?  You're damn delusional if you think teams stay on the top forever.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Yada, yada, we're good, we've always been good. Is that all you got?  FWIW, some of us around here are old enough to remember when the Steelers were worse than the Browns- for a decade or so. Can't happen again?  You're damn delusional if you think teams stay on the top forever.  

Sure it could happen but the current roster is full of talent. It's not happening in a long stretch anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Sure it could happen but the current roster is full of talent. It's not happening in a long stretch anytime soon.

:) Well see... As Chris Berman liked to say "it's why they play the game."   Me and Gip are saying the Browns are catching up in talent to the Steelers, it's closer than you think. Are we there yet? Probably (you'll say definitely) not. But us Browns homers like to think another off season like the past one, we're starting out of the gate even in talent. Then there's always injuries. God forbid, Baker gets hurt, all bets are off. You'd be in a bad way too if- to parallel what happened to the Bengals this past season- Ben and Ju-ju missed a bunch of time, and another 8-10 guys went on IR.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screw this guy & *uck a muck of steelerS 

👍     

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Sure it could happen but the current roster is full of talent. It's not happening in a long stretch anytime soon.

It is a roster that has some talent. A few guys. BR goes away and you are a six and 10 team maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Sure it could happen but the current roster is full of talent. It's not happening in a long stretch anytime soon.

That's the argument in town...Colbert's getting a pass atm, but talents lacking across the board, actually. That defense is pathetic. So you're not gonna win anything of consequence, but it's basically the last hoorah of the black and piss. And that's only if baker doesn't embarrass you at home. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It is a roster that has some talent. A few guys. BR goes away and you are a six and 10 team maybe. 

Not in Vag's mind... they have Pro Bowl talent at every position. It's why their sucky 2018 draft almost didn't get on the field... :D  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, choco said:

That's the argument in town...Colbert's getting a pass atm, but talents lacking across the board, actually. That defense is pathetic. So you're not gonna win anything of consequence, but it's basically the last hoorah of the black and piss. And that's only if baker doesn't embarrass you at home. 👍

Where is the defense pathetic? We need another corner and maybe a outside linebacker. Don't say "that's the argument in town" like you are actually talking to level headed people. You are knee deep in spoiled yinzer. The defense is far from pathetic. They had a ton of sacks, they just didn't have a bunch of turnovers. Baker already lost to the steelers. I swear you guys are all on drugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Where is the defense pathetic? We need another corner and maybe a outside linebacker. Don't say "that's the argument in town" like you are actually talking to level headed people. You are knee deep in spoiled yinzer. The defense is far from pathetic. They had a ton of sacks, they just didn't have a bunch of turnovers. Baker already lost to the steelers. I swear you guys are all on drugs. 

I would not say that the Steeler's defense is pathetic.  The do have  a good front 7.  As I noted...they invested a lot of high draft picks in that area.

And they hit  mostly on their front 7.  They didn't have the likes of Barkevious Mingo and Danny Shelton....failed first round picks, that the Browns have had on their DL. (Well...they did have Jarvis Jones).

Their defensive backfield on the other hand, may have been pathetic, but not their overall defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, choco said:

Linebackers besides watt are underwhelming. 

Williams isn't, Dupree hasn't lived up to his draft billing but was good enough to have his 5th year option picked up.  Bostic was a very solid free agent signing AND the steelers aren't drafting at the bottom of the first. They led the league in sacks.

Why don't you just admit you are in the yinzer pipeline where that contingent of fans talk out their ass and only get their info from kdka and wtae.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2019 at 10:40 PM, The Gipper said:

It is a roster that has some talent. A few guys. BR goes away and you are a six and 10 team maybe. 

Weren't you hyping up Mason Rudolph before the draft? I thought he was your top QB.

Assuming the team continues to develop, they have close to same amount of talent as Stoolers. I certainly think barring catastrophe, they have a brighter future with the age of team. But I also don't think Pitt will fall off a mountain

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

Weren't you hyping up Mason Rudolph before the draft? I thought he was your top QB.

Assuming the team continues to develop, they have close to same amount of talent as Stoolers. I certainly think barring catastrophe, they have a brighter future with the age of team. But I also don't think Pitt will fall off a mountain

No he wasn’t my top quarterback I said that he could be in there with the other 4 or that were considered the top quarterbacks. Of course unlike the other guys he is not sitting behind a Hall of Fame quarterback. he is doing that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/17/2019 at 10:52 AM, Vagitron said:

Williams isn't, Dupree hasn't lived up to his draft billing but was good enough to have his 5th year option picked up.  Bostic was a very solid free agent signing AND the steelers aren't drafting at the bottom of the first. They led the league in sacks.

Why don't you just admit you are in the yinzer pipeline where that contingent of fans talk out their ass and only get their info from kdka and wtae.

Exactly what you always say about under performing goobers you draft....  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 5:14 PM, The Gipper said:

No he wasn’t my top quarterback I said that he could be in there with the other 4 or that were considered the top quarterbacks. Of course unlike the other guys he is not sitting behind a Hall of Fame quarterback. he is doing that. 

Hmm. You sure about that?

"Here is a Prudent Solution to the Browns draft Quandary over who to draft:

Since most draft pundits think that Barkley and Chubb are actually the two best players out there, then they should take them.  Take one at 1 and the other at 4.  The only concern would be if another team picking at 2 or 3 grabs one of them....and that team would be the Giants, not the Jets who did not trade up to 3 to draft anything but a QB.   So, we would have to hope that the Giants either pick what they believe to be their QBOTF....or that they trade out to a team that does want one of the QBs.    So, assuming that happens, then the Browns get both of the best players that are thought to be the best available.

Then, they trade back into the later first round....perhaps to the mid 20s, and they select the QB that is going to prove to be the best pro QB of the bunch anyway:  Mason Rudolph.  

So then, the Browns will then have the best of all three worlds....the two best players and the best QB.

Now, the Browns are not always known to be the most prudent team when it comes to drafting......and a few of you may not think this would be the most prudent move for the Browns....but it is."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Gunz41 said:

Hmm. You sure about that?

"Here is a Prudent Solution to the Browns draft Quandary over who to draft:

Since most draft pundits think that Barkley and Chubb are actually the two best players out there, then they should take them.  Take one at 1 and the other at 4.  The only concern would be if another team picking at 2 or 3 grabs one of them....and that team would be the Giants, not the Jets who did not trade up to 3 to draft anything but a QB.   So, we would have to hope that the Giants either pick what they believe to be their QBOTF....or that they trade out to a team that does want one of the QBs.    So, assuming that happens, then the Browns get both of the best players that are thought to be the best available.

Then, they trade back into the later first round....perhaps to the mid 20s, and they select the QB that is going to prove to be the best pro QB of the bunch anyway:  Mason Rudolph.  

So then, the Browns will then have the best of all three worlds....the two best players and the best QB.

Now, the Browns are not always known to be the most prudent team when it comes to drafting......and a few of you may not think this would be the most prudent move for the Browns....but it is."

Thank goodness the Browns weren't listening to Gipper...  Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer lasted until the third round, and he couldn't even beat out the underwhelming Josh Dobbs for second string QB..... 

Since I had to look some of that up, more happy tidings from Steelerville.... Everything's fine here Lalalalala....     http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011653/article/morgan-burnett-requests-his-release-from-steelers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hoorta said:

Thank goodness the Browns weren't listening to Gipper...  Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer lasted until the third round, and he couldn't even beat out the underwhelming Josh Dobbs for second string QB..... 

Since I had to look some of that up, more happy tidings from Steelerville.... Everything's fine here Lalalalala....     http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001011653/article/morgan-burnett-requests-his-release-from-steelers

Burnett played the same damn position in green bay, was hurt the majority of the season and lost his job to a rookie. Rudolph is a rookie, Dobbs is not. I'm not surprised Rudolph hasn't beaten him out up to this point. Teams that are forced to play rookies at qb either aren't good or have an injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×