THE BROWNS BOARD

Antonio Brown

domcucch1994

Despite the media criticism of AB, Jarvis Landry has openly recruited AB to come over to Brown town.

Would you guys like to see AB in a Browns uni, or do we keep what we have and maybe add another young WR in the draft?

If you do think so, would you trade a 1st rounder to the Squealers for him?

I think he would immediately make our offense one of the best in the NFL..

Him and Jarvis as the X, Calloway in the slot.

But then that leaves Perriman and Higgins on the fence..

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

As has been pointed out, AB is a phenomenal player. 

It’s the locker room issues with him. Not a fit.

I get that, but it's not like he's TO or Ochocinco..

I think he's frustrated playing on a team that many would consider to be "over-the-hill"

an aging Rothlesberger, no LB running the ball, defense not as consistent..

I think he wants to play with a team that is up-and-coming and in need of some more veteran presence..

It would be hard for teams to cover him, Landry, Calloway, Njoku, and have to deal with Chubb running the rock.

1 minute ago, domcucch1994 said:

I think he wants to play with a team that is up-and-coming and in need of some more veteran presence..

It would be hard for teams to cover him, Landry, Calloway, Njoku, and have to deal with Chubb running the rock.

So you wanna spend cap room on the guy who’s not as bad as the worst divas

Of course that would be an amazing line up, but the guy you listed, Callaway, already fits the build to be the next AB.

WR might have dwindled to one of the less pressing needs this year.

Don’t forget we don’t know what to expect from Ricardo Louis, who flashed some here and there when he was healthy. And the other guy, Derrick Willies? 

2 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Of course that would be an amazing line up, but the guy you listed, Callaway, already fits the build to be the next AB.

Don’t forget we don’t know what to expect from Ricardo Louis, who flashed some here and there when he was healthy. And the other guy, Derrick Willies? 

I wanna spend cap room on making this team a playoff and SB contender..

I don't really think that Ricardo Louis or Derrick Willies fits that mold..

Callaway is intriguing and is similar in size and speed to AB.. 

The only way to get him....even if you wanted him, would be to trade for him....and several things:   A.  The cost of the trade would be too high. I wouldn't want to give up more than a mid round pick.  B. The Steelers would want a high ransom for him...so that would not fit with what I would be willing to give up.  C.  The Steelers sure as hell would not want to trade him in the division....or if they did...it would be only for and extra bonus cost over and above what they would take from teams in other divisions.  

So...the answer is no.....even discounting the fact that his is a selfish, cancerous player.

1 minute ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Are you guys serious right now? If we can add arguably the best WR in the league you wouldnt do it because hes not happy with his current team? Pittsburgh is a mess and if we can benefit from it I'm all for it

It takes a few idiots (sometimes just one) to spoil an entire locker room. And we have alternatives like the aforementioned, so yes, we are serious.

25 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Are you guys serious right now? If we can add arguably the best WR in the league you wouldnt do it because hes not happy with his current team? Pittsburgh is a mess and if we can benefit from it I'm all for it

I would rather steal their offensive line coach.   Getting him out of there and over here would weaken that team and strengthen the Browns far more than acquiring  AB. 

Nevertheless....if he were a Free Agent...and it didn't really cost us anything (other than the cash to pay him...which is not our problem but Jimmy's)  I would probably take him.

But what do you think that the Steelers would command from the Browns to trade for him?

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I would rather steal their offensive line coach.   Getting him out of there and over here would weaken that team and strengthen the Browns far more than acquiring  AB. 

Nevertheless....if he were a Free Agent...and it didn't really cost us anything (other than the cash to pay him...which is not our problem but Jimmy's)  I would probably take him.

But what do you think that the Steelers would command from the Browns to trade for him?

Everything the Raiders got for Amari Cooper and then some and then some more to trade him in the division.     I agree with you, if he was a free agent, he would definitely be worth consideration but the price to trade for him is way too high.

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It would take at least a 1st and a 3rd..

But given the current situation I think we could get him cheaper... Considering he is disgruntled.

We would have some leverage... Shit we could probably get him for a 3rd if we took a big chunk of what is remaining on his deal..

43 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

because hes not happy with his current team?

Or could it be that with his team facing a must win game, he flipped out on his QB, skipped practice all week, refused phone calls from everyone including the owner, didn't show up till gameday when he learned he wouldn't play. He then sat on the sideline, away from the team, in a mink coat.

He put hiself above his team.  I don't care who he is....that type of player will destroy a young lockroom like the browns 

4 minutes ago, choco said:

Or could it be that with his team facing a must win game, he flipped out on his QB, skipped practice all week, refused phone calls from everyone including the owner, didn't show up till gameday when he learned he wouldn't play. He then sat on the sideline, away from the team, in a mink coat.

He put hiself above his team.  I don't care who he is....that type of player will destroy a young lockroom like the browns 

Yep all that is bad, but why are so many Steelers unhappy? There is something going on bigger than Brown

1 hour ago, domcucch1994 said:

It would take at least a 1st and a 3rd..

But given the current situation I think we could get him cheaper... Considering he is disgruntled.

We would have some leverage... Shit we could probably get him for a 3rd if we took a big chunk of what is remaining on his deal..

I would probably be OK with a 3rd rounder.  Pisstown would not do that under any circumstances, I do not believe.  And if they were willing to take a 3rd rounder, they would take that from anybody but the Browns.

52 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Yep all that is bad, but why are so many Steelers unhappy? There is something going on bigger than Brown

Ben R. is a drama queen personae.....and I think that is a partial issue.  I think he grates on people there some. 

Also....remember, Dan Rooney....the real architect of the Steeler dynasty and ethos, is gone.  While his kid taking over may be all fine, well and good, that team just does not have the same gravitas or personality at the helm as it once did with Dan.   That could be a factor.  Maybe the new Rooney in charge is on a level with Mike Brown with his penurious ways.  And maybe, just maybe, that team is tired of hearing Mike Tomlin's voice.   He has been there 12 years now, and the fact is, that is a long time in this day and age. A lot of quality coaches just get stale to their players and organizations.  And that may be happening there. 

3 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

First I'll note that Gipper's reply is right on the money ... Many fans I've talked to are beginning to question if little Rooney has the nuts to make the tough calls. 

Otherwise, fans are pissed he quit on the team.  Sure, the reasons vary as to why brown is so pissed off, but the bottom line he quit on his team. And that's wholly unacceptable

5 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Hmm....

I don't think there is anyway that Pittsburgh trades AB to anyone in the division. And if they did the price would be higher than trading him any place else. If he were out on the street, sure I would definitely want him here. However, since this is all a fantasy, I would like to see us maybe go after Golden Tate to add what we already have.

Its well documented that this isnt the 1st instance of him causing problems. Not the 1st year. So no, cant blame it on the team getting older and not having Bell.

The ones saying the Browns overpaid for a WR, I assume from previous talk on here, are referring to Landry. But I guess I forgot how much people value draft picks over proven players. And a lot JUST look at production in some instances to make their point, but use locker room influence in other instances. But I'll digress.

Which one of these guys would have been better for Browns both on and off the field?

Jaleel Scott, J'Mon Moore, Justin Watson, Daurice Fountain, Jordan Lasley, Marques Valdez Scantling, Deon Cain, Ray Ray McCloud, Dylan Cantrell, Russell Gage, Equamious St Brown, Cedrick Wilson Jr, Braxton Berrios, Javon Wims, Marcell Ateman, Richie James, Auden Tate, Austin Proehl, Trey Quinn.

Deon Cain after all were drafted after the Browns took a WR.

Local radio host in pittsburgh absolutely hates AB.  He said he wouldnt even think of offering anything more than a 2 for that cancer.  Ab will only do whats best for his "brand"

I think its hilarious that people actually think the Steelers would trade Brown to another AFC North team. 

Not only that, and I've said it before, if he isn't happy in an organization that has been a perennial playoff team for a generation, how long before he starts shit here? 

14 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

Correct, he's much worse....   

13 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

Are you guys serious right now? If we can add arguably the best WR in the league you wouldn't do it because hes not happy with his current team? Pittsburgh is a mess and if we can benefit from it I'm all for it

It's way more than "just not being happy with his current team". There's no benefit bringing in a locker room cancer, to show the young guys how to pout. Like he did when Shuster was voted a better player by his teammates. Who has a bad (make that humongous) contract,  is 30 years old, and we'd have to give a ton of draft capital up to get.  

So forget about Antonio Brown coming to Cleveland- except what he's playing for another team. 

Addenda: And now he's claiming a phantom injury to skip the Pro Bowl, just special.  https://triblive.com/sports/steelers/14479274-74/brown-withdraws-from-pro-bowl-smith-schuster-to-replace-him If you read the article he claimed his knee was hurt, Tomlin told him to get an MRI, and Antonio essentially flipped Mike off.  

Archived