Jump to content
The Gipper

Haskins Declares

Recommended Posts

Here is link to complete draft pick order:

Giants at 6 and Jags at 7 could get into a bidding war to move up.

Cardinals are very depleted......and should gouge those two if they want to make a trade, since they already have their QB supposedly.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

I think Washington could also be in the mix for his services.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is weird to think we are more likely to trade up for someone than trade down ..... I think lots of browns fans are burning their brown paper bags with the eyes nose and mouths cut out :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is link to complete draft pick order:

Giants at 6 and Jags at 7 could get into a bidding war to move up.

Cardinals are very depleted......and should gouge those two if they want to make a trade, since they already have their QB supposedly.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

I think Washington could also be in the mix for his services.

Draft order is Cardinals- 49ers- Jets- Raiders- Bucs- then Giants.   49ers and Jets have their QBOTF, Raiders probably sticking with Carr.   Cards will want a Kings Ransom to move down to #6,  because Walter Football has them taking Bosa at #1. If they don't, the Niners or Jets sure as hell will, and he absolutely wouldn't get past the Raiders, not after Jon got his pants set on fire by the fans for trading Khalil Mack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Comeonman said:

My money is on him being a Jaguar 

Why over Giants 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Arizona Cardinals (3-13) -- have QB
San Francisco 49ers (4-12) -- have QB
New York Jets (4-12) -- have QB
Oakland Raiders (4-12) -- have QB
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) -- have QB
New York Giants (5-11)
Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)
Detroit Lions (6-10) -- have QB

Yes, someone could trade up, but if I were GM of either, I wouldn't.  The DL talent is plentiful this year and each of the top5 could/should take DL.  Haskins will probably be the 6.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Writing was on the wall when our new, Buckeye QB, Fields, announced his intention to transfer last week.

 

I'd be very nervous spending a first on Haskins. Just not a lot of tape there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Writing was on the wall when our new, Buckeye QB, Fields, announced his intention to transfer last week.

 

I'd be very nervous spending a first on Haskins. Just not a lot of tape there.

He was making big throws in big games. Broke Drew Brees TD record. He’s a baller. So is Lawrence from Clemson... absolute stud 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a risk given the limited tape, but clearly all of the tools are there. Should probably sit wherever he goes, though he may not get the opportunity.

Really benefited from Oregon's QB staying in school. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Writing was on the wall when our new, Buckeye QB, Fields, announced his intention to transfer last week.

 

I'd be very nervous spending a first on Haskins. Just not a lot of tape there.

I agree, but then again, Trubisky has done pretty well with the same amount of college starts. I had some serious doubts about him because of that. 

Scouting and evaluating QBs now is just... oof. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It is a risk given the limited tape, but clearly all of the tools are there. Should probably sit wherever he goes, though he may not get the opportunity.

Really benefited from Oregon's QB staying in school. 

That simply means that both the Oregon QB and Haskins would’ve been a top 10 pick probably want to Giants and one to Jags 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Arizona Cardinals (3-13) -- have QB
San Francisco 49ers (4-12) -- have QB
New York Jets (4-12) -- have QB
Oakland Raiders (4-12) -- have QB
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) -- have QB
New York Giants (5-11)
Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)
Detroit Lions (6-10) -- have QB

Yes, someone could trade up, but if I were GM of either, I wouldn't.  The DL talent is plentiful this year and each of the top5 could/should take DL.  Haskins will probably be the 6.

RE: Tampa, they're less than thrilled with Winston.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That simply means that both the Oregon QB and Haskins would’ve been a top 10 pick probably want to Giants and one to Jags 

Not necessarily

But I see where this is going and I'm good

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why over Giants 

I can see Jags jumping Giants to outbid for him. Jags are way more desperate at the QB than the Giants IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

I can see Jags jumping Giants to outbid for him. Jags are way more desperate at the QB than the Giants IMO

There are at least 3 or 4 that will up the bid in a very thin QB class. Law of supply and demand operates in football too.

BTW-thanks for being such a shitty coach Hue. We only had to pay in losses for Myles and Baker, not a king's ransom in draft picks like one or two of these teams will.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Haskins is coming out.   Not surprising.  He could be a Top 5 pick.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25707103/ohio-state-buckeyes-qb-dwayne-haskins-declares-nfl-draft

In previous years, this would be major news for Browns fans.  

Hopefully he is as good as those great OSU QB's of the past who took the NFL by storm such as:

Troy Smith

Tyrell Pryor

Cardale Jones

Braxton something or other

That one random guy

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

He’s a baller. So is Lawrence from Clemson... absolute stud 

The juice helps. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

PED's there guy. 

Does look like it for a 19 y.o. doesn't it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Does look like it for a 19 y.o. doesn't it.

Quick background story - was a PT for a year then ended up running a gym for 2 more, seen lots of people juice. The kids hair and jawline are textbook signs for extended use at his age.    Either he has Some good product and/or has an accutane script because you don't see much acne on his face...  At least on camera.   

 The amount he tested with was pretty damned high too.   And it's not like the metabolic schedules of these drugs aren't available..    So what he was at mid season must have been absurd.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I agree, but then again, Trubisky has done pretty well with the same amount of college starts. I had some serious doubts about him because of that. 

Scouting and evaluating QBs now is just... oof. 

Yup... but not all the questionable talent go to a team like the Bears...

While Trubs had a good year the jury is still out... at least mine is.

 

But then I'm still not 100% sold on Wentz... so there's that... 😛

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

But then I'm still not 100% sold on Wentz... so there's that... 😛

 

I bet you like Foles though. 🤩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is an interesting proposition...that I just came up with:

Arizona uses their #1 overall pick in the draft to choose Duane Haskins....who they perhaps see as having far more future potential than Josh Rosen.

They trade Rosen for a 1st round pick to somebody willing and pick up another player that they can use badly.

Jags/Giants/Redskins......would any of them consider that sort of deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crstphr2 said:

Hopefully he is as good as those great OSU QB's of the past who took the NFL by storm such as:

Troy Smith

Tyrell Pryor

Cardale Jone

Braxton something or other

That one random guy

 

 

Were any of them pocket passers who threw 50 tds in a season? 

Yeah,  didn't think so.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2019/01/101435/looking-back-at-the-records-dwayne-haskins-broke-during-his-lone-season-as-ohio-states-starting-quarterback%3famp

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crstphr2 said:

Hopefully he is as good as those great OSU QB's of the past who took the NFL by storm such as:

Troy Smith

Tyrell Pryor

Cardale Jone

Braxton something or other

That one random guy

 

 

Hahahahahaha fucking word... But he is going #1 overall just like Carfail was gonna go #1 overall, LMAO!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VikingDawg said:

Hahahahahaha fucking word... But he is going #1 overall just like Carfail was gonna go #1 overall, LMAO!

After his playoff appearance? Who knows? But Jones rapidly came back to earth posting 8 TDs and 5 ints before he got drafted. Why he was a 4th or so round pick.  Haskins is for sure going first round, probably top 10, if not top 5. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×