THE BROWNS BOARD

Haskins Declares

The Gipper

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is link to complete draft pick order:

Giants at 6 and Jags at 7 could get into a bidding war to move up.

Cardinals are very depleted......and should gouge those two if they want to make a trade, since they already have their QB supposedly.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

I think Washington could also be in the mix for his services.

It is weird to think we are more likely to trade up for someone than trade down ..... I think lots of browns fans are burning their brown paper bags with the eyes nose and mouths cut out :) 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is link to complete draft pick order:

Giants at 6 and Jags at 7 could get into a bidding war to move up.

Cardinals are very depleted......and should gouge those two if they want to make a trade, since they already have their QB supposedly.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/full_draft

I think Washington could also be in the mix for his services.

Draft order is Cardinals- 49ers- Jets- Raiders- Bucs- then Giants.   49ers and Jets have their QBOTF, Raiders probably sticking with Carr.   Cards will want a Kings Ransom to move down to #6,  because Walter Football has them taking Bosa at #1. If they don't, the Niners or Jets sure as hell will, and he absolutely wouldn't get past the Raiders, not after Jon got his pants set on fire by the fans for trading Khalil Mack. 

Arizona Cardinals (3-13) -- have QB
San Francisco 49ers (4-12) -- have QB
New York Jets (4-12) -- have QB
Oakland Raiders (4-12) -- have QB
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) -- have QB
New York Giants (5-11)
Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)
Detroit Lions (6-10) -- have QB

Yes, someone could trade up, but if I were GM of either, I wouldn't.  The DL talent is plentiful this year and each of the top5 could/should take DL.  Haskins will probably be the 6.

Writing was on the wall when our new, Buckeye QB, Fields, announced his intention to transfer last week.

I'd be very nervous spending a first on Haskins. Just not a lot of tape there.

8 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Writing was on the wall when our new, Buckeye QB, Fields, announced his intention to transfer last week.

He was making big throws in big games. Broke Drew Brees TD record. He’s a baller. So is Lawrence from Clemson... absolute stud 

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

I agree, but then again, Trubisky has done pretty well with the same amount of college starts. I had some serious doubts about him because of that. 

Scouting and evaluating QBs now is just... oof. 

39 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It is a risk given the limited tape, but clearly all of the tools are there. Should probably sit wherever he goes, though he may not get the opportunity.

Really benefited from Oregon's QB staying in school. 

That simply means that both the Oregon QB and Haskins would’ve been a top 10 pick probably want to Giants and one to Jags 

2 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Arizona Cardinals (3-13) -- have QB
San Francisco 49ers (4-12) -- have QB
New York Jets (4-12) -- have QB
Oakland Raiders (4-12) -- have QB
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11) -- have QB
New York Giants (5-11)
Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11)
Detroit Lions (6-10) -- have QB

Yes, someone could trade up, but if I were GM of either, I wouldn't.  The DL talent is plentiful this year and each of the top5 could/should take DL.  Haskins will probably be the 6.

RE: Tampa, they're less than thrilled with Winston.... 

22 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

I can see Jags jumping Giants to outbid for him. Jags are way more desperate at the QB than the Giants IMO

There are at least 3 or 4 that will up the bid in a very thin QB class. Law of supply and demand operates in football too.

BTW-thanks for being such a shitty coach Hue. We only had to pay in losses for Myles and Baker, not a king's ransom in draft picks like one or two of these teams will.

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Haskins is coming out.   Not surprising.  He could be a Top 5 pick.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2019/story/_/id/25707103/ohio-state-buckeyes-qb-dwayne-haskins-declares-nfl-draft

In previous years, this would be major news for Browns fans.  

Hopefully he is as good as those great OSU QB's of the past who took the NFL by storm such as:

Troy Smith

Tyrell Pryor

Cardale Jones

Braxton something or other

That one random guy

8 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Does look like it for a 19 y.o. doesn't it.

Quick background story - was a PT for a year then ended up running a gym for 2 more, seen lots of people juice. The kids hair and jawline are textbook signs for extended use at his age.    Either he has Some good product and/or has an accutane script because you don't see much acne on his face...  At least on camera.   

The amount he tested with was pretty damned high too.   And it's not like the metabolic schedules of these drugs aren't available..    So what he was at mid season must have been absurd.  

10 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I agree, but then again, Trubisky has done pretty well with the same amount of college starts. I had some serious doubts about him because of that. 

Scouting and evaluating QBs now is just... oof. 

Yup... but not all the questionable talent go to a team like the Bears...

While Trubs had a good year the jury is still out... at least mine is.

But then I'm still not 100% sold on Wentz... so there's that... 😛

Here is an interesting proposition...that I just came up with:

Arizona uses their #1 overall pick in the draft to choose Duane Haskins....who they perhaps see as having far more future potential than Josh Rosen.

They trade Rosen for a 1st round pick to somebody willing and pick up another player that they can use badly.

Jags/Giants/Redskins......would any of them consider that sort of deal?

2 hours ago, crstphr2 said:

Hopefully he is as good as those great OSU QB's of the past who took the NFL by storm such as:

Troy Smith

Tyrell Pryor

Cardale Jone

That one random guy

Were any of them pocket passers who threw 50 tds in a season? 

Yeah,  didn't think so.  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.elevenwarriors.com/ohio-state-football/2019/01/101435/looking-back-at-the-records-dwayne-haskins-broke-during-his-lone-season-as-ohio-states-starting-quarterback%3famp

3 hours ago, crstphr2 said:

Troy Smith

Tyrell Pryor

Cardale Jone

That one random guy

Hahahahahaha fucking word... But he is going #1 overall just like Carfail was gonna go #1 overall, LMAO!

1 hour ago, VikingDawg said:

Hahahahahaha fucking word... But he is going #1 overall just like Carfail was gonna go #1 overall, LMAO!

After his playoff appearance? Who knows? But Jones rapidly came back to earth posting 8 TDs and 5 ints before he got drafted. Why he was a 4th or so round pick.  Haskins is for sure going first round, probably top 10, if not top 5. 

Archived