THE BROWNS BOARD

Wild Card Weekend Chat

gumby73

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When ya need a big play. Find TY Hilton, when ya need 12 get 13..we need one of those guys..nothing wrong with Lucks arm..Big 5 yards offside on Watt. Colts 7-0

I did a betting with some friends for the playoffs and starting 14-0 is great for my pick heh. 

19 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Colts have a solid Oline and a running game.  

Frank Reich liked this post^^Run the rock!..Luck gets another big D line jump for a shorter 3rd down pick-up..Colts 14-0

15 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

both these teams have some fa decisions.. Colts 27 players..Texans 21 players..not our problem   

No entiendo. 

Houston’s defense is terrible

And Andrew Luck is really good

not a good recipe for the Texans

Colts 21-0 already 

3 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Houston’s defense is terrible

And Andrew Luck is really good

not a good recipe for the Texans

Colts 21-0 already 

Texans defense isn't terrible...   Colts Oline is handling the rush and passing off protections/stunts very well.  Plus Luck has some legs so it makes it that much harder.    

6 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Texans defense isn't terrible...   Colts Oline is handling the rush and passing off protections/stunts very well.  Plus Luck has some legs so it makes it that much harder.    

They look terrible right now

they only stopped the colts 1 time on a tipped ball interception 

the colts haven’t punted yet

12 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Justin Reid is a rookie there, champ. 

deleted, not sure how i did that :huh:.. loved the kid playing at stanford. Luck is picking on these short CB's.. high in the strike zone

This is not looking good for the Texans. They have to make huge adjustments if they want to stay in the game. 

Clear picture..We should have gotten after Texans OL.Colts have rarely blitzed.Watson can only run out that crumpling pocket..Luck at times, could sit in pocket 3-4 full seconds..a smart running QB too

So what do you guys think of Deshaun Watson? I'd call him Black Tankerton. 

Here comes the most stupid rule IMO of the NFL rulebook: a fumble in the endzone is a touchback for the opposite team... 

Let's see how the review goes. 

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Here comes the most stupid rule IMO of the NFL rulebook: a fumble in the endzone is a touchback for the opposite team... 

Let's see how the review goes. 

Not at all stupid.  What is dumb is the NFL's inability to pinpoint what constitutes as 'control'. 

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Not at all stupid.  What is dumb is the NFL's inability to pinpoint what constitutes as 'control'. 

Honest question: tell me why it is not stupid. I get that it would lead to trickery, but losing the ball equals giving the ball to the other team? 

Just now, Nero said:

Honest question: tell me why it is not stupid. I get that it would lead to trickery, but losing the ball equals giving the ball to the other team? 

Mostly the trickery.  But it's the same application of a touchback, except the change in possession.   Point being it doesn't allow you to fumble the ball foreward into the endzone and be rewarded for it.    

In a league that favors the offense heavily, any rule that gives the defense and ST a chance is cool with me. 

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Mostly the trickery.  But it's the same application of a touchback, except the change in possession.   Point being it doesn't allow you to fumble the ball foreward into the endzone and be rewarded for it.    

In a league that favors the offense heavily, any rule that gives the defense and ST a chance is cool with me. 

I get it, but many times you're likely to fumble the ball trying to reach forward in an ''honest'' play. Maybe it could be ruled against the offense and punish them with some yards, but the change of possesion is way too much in my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

I get it, but many times you're likely to fumble the ball trying to reach forward in an ''honest'' play. Maybe it could be ruled against the offense and punish them with some yards, but the change of possesion is way too much in my opinion. 

They're all "honest" plays.     Want to score? Then Hang onto the ball.   

59 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Desir looks to have grown over a inch in height & 2 inches in arm length..

He fits well with how much Cover 2 the colts play.    Looks just like their defenses from the mid 2000's.    Asking QB's to throw over tall corners, between safeties and Desir gets some 1/4 work to the boundary when they run that cover 6/lock or 2man under.

1 hour ago, Nero said:

So what do you guys think of Deshaun Watson? I'd call him Black Tankerton. 

please don't take this wrong guys..but the Colts..when's the last time 5 white farm boyz all played on a OL in the Nfl, than drove the Texans like Steers all around there objective(the QB).. the guts of Clemson just ran out of gas.. Final Colts 21-7 

Archived