Jump to content
nickers

Browns Uniform.. One Man's Vision

Recommended Posts

I stumbled on this latest video about our browns Uniforms... I agree mostly with his point.. And I really agree these current rags are associated with the Browns worst period in it's history.. But I'm really cool with the Color rush unis , too.. Go ahead and move this thread.. I just wanted to make everyone saw it and of course.. make theyre observations as well...

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I literally just watched this video! For those who don't have time to watch the entire thing, his solution is to go back to Butch Davis era "alternate uniforms". These were actually pretty nice, and they were the the orange jersey with white pants, white jerseys with orange pants (I think), and I forget the 3rd. I'll see if I can find pics. Btw, love the color rush jersey, and players do too. 

 PREVIOUS

Screenshot_20190105-105140_Chrome.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

It’s asscociated with the worst period, but also with the best period, the franchise QB was found.

 

I remember being so pissed about the Carson Wentz ordeal, and us passing on him. When he was playing at mvp level before getting hurt and we were losing every game, I thought I'd go nuts. Now, I still believe Wentz will be extremely successful, but I literally can't think of a QB I'd want to have more than Baker Mayfield. Yes, his antics will probably grate on my nerves from time to time, but I absolutely love this kid. His attitude, ability, and how he just seems to fit in with our city. 

I certainly would love some new uniforms. Kind of like how the Bucs and Patriots rebranded themselves. We're a tougher nut to crack because of our history, nostalgia, and also because orange and brown aren't exactly the easiest colors to work with. But I have faith that some dope dudds are coming our way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant beleive u guys dont like the dark brown pants with the dark orange jerseys. Some my fav uni of all time in any sport

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only five days into the New Year and we already have our first uniform thread...

 

Oy...

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Cant beleive u guys dont like the dark brown pants with the dark orange jerseys. Some my fav uni of all time in any sport

Just No 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We currently have awful uniforms.  We used to have nice uni's.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Only five days into the New Year and we already have our first uniform thread...

 

Oy...

Agree with Zombo. Uniform threads are gay. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cheerleaders. 

 

The current uniforms blow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hoorta said:

Agree with Zombo. Uniform threads are gay. 

What if we start talking about what wines to pair with a uniform thread?

😝

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

What if we start talking about what wines to pair with a uniform thread?

😝

A little after the fact, but I was enjoying an Elyse Moroscholi Vineyard zinfandel watching the playoffs on tape delay.  :)  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hoorta said:

A little after the fact, but I was enjoying an Elyse Moroscholi Vineyard zinfandel watching the playoffs on tape delay.  :)  

And I had a $65 +  cheaper Chateaux Ste. Michelle Select Harvest Sweet Riesling from Washington State. 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just make the color rush unis the home unis full time and I will be good. Those are the best uniforms the browns have had in a long time

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iam a long time BROWNS fan, I like the late 70's early 80's uniforms with the orange pants. In 2004 this team wore 2 different styles of pants, ones with 2 brown stripes and one orange stripe in the middle, the other was similar to these pants, only the stripes were thinner and a white space between the brown and orange. Those two styles I liked. The only issue I have with the current jerseys are the numbers. They should be white with the brown jersey and orange jersey. Brown numbers with the white jersey.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I had a $65 +  cheaper Chateaux Ste. Michelle Select Harvest Sweet Riesling from Washington State. 😛

Hey, the Elyse was "only" $40. The only zinfandels in that price ($65+) stratosphere are the single vineyard Turleys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 8:17 PM, Orion said:

We currently have awful uniforms.  We used to have nice uni's.

What's wrong with just using the classic look? Green Bay, Cowboys, or the Steelers unis have changed very little recently. Leave it to Nike to want to make a buck. I was forced to buy a new jersey this year, because my old one was falling apart. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 11:30 AM, jiggins7919 said:

 

I certainly would love some new uniforms. Kind of like how the Bucs and Patriots rebranded themselves. We're a tougher nut to crack because of our history, nostalgia, and also because orange and brown aren't exactly the easiest colors to work with. But I have faith that some dope dudds are coming our way. 

Just my 2 cents, but those 2 teams butchered their uniforms. Buccaneer Bruce and Pat Patriot were great.

Now many argue, like this guy in the video about the current Browns unis, that Buccaneer Bruce= 0-26, and they wanted to flush the "creamsicle" uniform from existence. Now, you have an enlarged pirate flag on a helmet with goofy pewter, about 4 different colors....no thanks.

The Patriots red uniforms, with Jim Plunkett and Steve Grogan, & Russ Francis was a classic. Their "new" blue ones are not obnoxious, but the helmet is not nearly as good as the old one IMHO. 

The NFL mandates "tweaks" to every teams uniform every 5 years I believe. It's part of their unbelievable marketing skill (and monopoly). I think I read that NFL gear sold at team shops, online, etc. helps benefit their retired players pension fund. 

Regarding Browns, I happen to be a fan of the orange tops, but they haven't worn them since 2016. The word "Browns" on the pants was truly dumb, but I could live with the "Cleveland" on the tops.

Overall  I'd have to agree that when they implemented these uniforms a couple seasons ago, and stated they had something like 9 uniform combos it was silly. Then they only used 3, maybe 4 combos. 

Brown tops, white numbers, classic stripes on the sleeves. Reverse it on the white jerseys. Throw in the occasional orange top and brown color rush for the alternate uniform mandates by the NFL, that's all we need.....wait , we NEED MORE WINS AND A SUPERBOWL 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Hey, the Elyse was "only" $40. The only zinfandels in that price ($65+) stratosphere are the single vineyard Turleys.

You got it cheap then because here it is listed on totalwine.com they have it listed for $73.99 and not even available in my area. You must have bought it back in the stone age for that price. Should be just about ready.😜

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

You got it cheap then because here it is listed on totalwine.com they have it listed for $73.99 and not even available in my area. You must have bought it back in the stone age for that price. Should be just about ready.😜

:)  Only bought it about a week ago. One of the Distributors here mentioned he has just gotten some, I didn't hesitate. I hadn't seen any for years either. Must have been lying around somewhere, because it sure wasn't a current release- 2013.  

BTW, 99 out of 100 times, I can't come close to Total Wines prices here in Ohio. The nearest Total Wine is a 100 mile drive for me down Kentucky way. There will never be one in Ohio, because everyone in the supply chain is cozy with making a guaranteed profit.  It sort of sucks how things are set up here, it's a multi tiered markup. The Liquor Control board sets a floor price that a wholesaler buys it at, that gets marked up when a retailer buys it, and by the time it gets to the customer there's at least a 30-40% markup. You get a 10% discount on a case, but the retailer still gets a 20% profit.  Only exception is when something's been lying around that  wholesaler or retailer wants to dump, just to get rid of, then you get a "post off" price.  Many other states cut out the wholesaler, and can buy direct from the source. Way back, MacArthur Beverage in Washington DC bought 1\2 of Chateau Pichon Lalande's 1987 vintage, about 10,000 cases, and sold all of it for $20 a bottle. Other problem is as far as boutique booze is concerned, if OHIO BLC (they're the only one who gets stuff direct from distilleries by law) can't move at least 1,000 cases of something, they're not interested. I'm shocked I occasionally see Diplomatico Reserva here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hoorta said:

What's wrong with just using the classic look? Green Bay, Cowboys, or the Steelers

Jimmuh is what's wrong.  He's a marketing guy.  He want's everything to 'look' new & improved.  Remember?  He said he wanted to bring the uniforms into the modern era.  -  Well I wrote him a letter letting him know how the people that I know feel about the new uni's.  And I told him, "I don't see the Yankees trading their pin-stripes for polka-dots any time soon."  Believe it or not, he wrote back saying that he'd pass my letter on to marketing.  SO....if in 2020 the team is wearing pin-stripes, you can blame me.  :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Orion said:

Jimmuh is what's wrong.  He's a marketing guy.  He want's everything to 'look' new & improved.  Remember?  He said he wanted to bring the uniforms into the modern era.  -  Well I wrote him a letter letting him know how the people that I know feel about the new uni's.  And I told him, "I don't see the Yankees trading their pin-stripes for polka-dots any time soon."  Believe it or not, he wrote back saying that he'd pass my letter on to marketing.  SO....if in 2020 the team is wearing pin-stripes, you can blame me.  :)

It’s more his wife then Jimmy because she is the one with the public relations background 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×