THE BROWNS BOARD

*SOURCE* Brian Flores will be our next HC

Adoug319

21 minutes ago, Mark O said:

don't tell MKC, but Dan Campbell may have a good insider already in our clubhouse..

don't jump the gun.. This is from 10-25-2015...but, a good hands on resource can't hurt..  

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

So NOT the DC... The Defensive Playcaller.

Pats did not stop the run. Clevefan will be none to pleased.

EDIT: Actually Pats were 11th ranked vs the run... 21st overall... so maybe he'll be happy-ish...

good catch, I was lunging for the keypad about to say not so fast chuckles. That being said I've never heard this guys name before. He was prob just DC in name only and essentially just conveying what Belichick wanted. Don't the Pats run like a straight up 4-3 now?

40 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

don't tell MKC, but Dan Campbell may have a good insider already in our clubhouse..

don't jump the gun.. This is from 10-25-2015...but, a good hands on resource can't hurt..  

Dan Campbell is my #1 guy too. Truly a leader of men. He and Kitchens both have worked with Parcells so there’s familiarity there in terms of keeping Kitchens as OC.

But I’m expecting Flores to be our coach.

57 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

I heard that also, I listen to Bull & Fox every weekday.

Come to think of it...I listen to sports radio about 12 hours a day.

I wonder if there’s some kind of 5 step program to help with my sports radio addiction? 😀

I’m in the same boat, not 12 hours but certainly when I’m in the car haha

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

He does?

go right of forum click into 'online users'.. you we see dustin fox with blocked avatar sometimes logged in on Saturdays or Sunday. lurker, he never post but surely getting fans vibes..i like his work if he leaves his macho'ism at home  

3 hours ago, Adoug319 said:

Dustin Fox got a text from his insider guy saying that Flores is the guy.

For those of you who are going “yeah, whatever” remember... Dustin was the FIRST to call Baker to us about a week before the draft, got a text from the same source back then.

Let the speculation begin

How can Flores possibly be "the guy" when the Browns haven't even interviewed him? Unconfirmed Smoke

don't want any of Bill's underlings. 

26 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

go right of forum click into 'online users'.. you we see dustin fox with blocked avatar sometimes logged in on Saturdays or Sunday. lurker, he never post but surely getting fans vibes..i like his work if he leaves his macho'ism at home  

im a big fan of his. Not so much of Bull, although I don't mind Bull..that voice gets on me and I have to take a break from 92. But Dustin, that's a cool cat. He's a cool customer. He wouldn't relate this info unless his source was "impeccable"....and ofc the leaking of that to Dustin was with full approval of "the boss". Now whether that's smoke, we shall see. Just hard for me to imagine that Dorsey would choose the NE DC over the other names out there...especially Arians who we know wants to be coach here. Why hand this team now to a guy who's never been a HC? I think I've made my position on Williams clear, there's better candidates out there....but at least Williams has exp and did preside over a decent season. Although that prob has more to do with kitchens than him. You just don't rock this boat unless you have a proven guy like McCarthy or Arians. Flores? Just doesn't make sense. 

1) who believes Dorsey has a committee member that would release a word outside that building? Fox knows nothing but a guy that knows a agent(they luv to talk) 2) if* The goal is to keep Baker on the right track with Kitchens. Even if it takes GW out of the picture. GW's phone is not ringing. 3)imho Flores is a Belicheck order taker, like Matt Patrica was' till he reaches a liable status....Sorry but if this is leaning towards hiring a new defensive mind with options of keeping Freddie? And we own the team most everyone wants..Brian Florist just ain't my guy...my hope is the bears crumble this weekend & Dorsey says hello to Vic Fangio..He's the best NFL "over experienced" defensive minded candidate that if we were the Bears we would not want him talking HC'ing jobs either at this time..Fly Eagles fly ;) beat them bears & let's get Vic in the house. just one guys opinion..but i own it  

4 hours ago, Adoug319 said:

Dustin Fox got a text from his insider guy saying that Flores is the guy.

For those of you who are going “yeah, whatever” remember... Dustin was the FIRST to call Baker to us about a week before the draft, got a text from the same source back then.

Let the speculation begin

No, it's true. He bought a house in Berea.

1 hour ago, beare said:

If its flores ill be shocked  he wouldnt be in my top 5 even.

He sucks dick backstage on the Home Shopping Network.

1 hour ago, broganreynik said:

Well, he wasn’t the first about Baker. There was the dude whose friend  used Skynet with the Giants to see what other teams are doing; illegal as all fuck. But he came on in like February and said it was Baker at 1 and Ward at 4.

Sky net. Isn’t that from the Terminator 

I'm just glad to hear the Browns are also doing something really smart -- rejecting interview requests for Kitchens.  I'm not sure who the HC will be, but if Kitchens is retained as the fulltime OC I'll be very happy.

And as a HC I wouldn't want anybody else at the OC spot --- you want to hire the smartest people to work for you, and for this team I doubt there would be anyone better out there for the OC position by any measure.  I'd bet one of the interview questions is "Would you have a problem working with Kitchens"

2 hours ago, Adoug319 said:

No, it was in Strongsville you idiot. Better schools for his kids

Man, I am an idiot. I just don't understand the Cleveland area Head Coaching Real Estate Market. Thanks for correcting me. Your knowledge on this is really impressive. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

All of the speculation is a bit ignorant. Nobody has a fucking clue except Dorsey at this point as to who he might choose. And I’m not sure he has a clue himself

Ah, let's put that into proper perspective,,,, he is conducting a search because, you are right, he doesn't know who he will hire....but to say "he doesn't have a clue" seems to mean he is an idiot. I believe he knows what qualities he wants in a HC. I believe he will select the right guy.

4 hours ago, broganreynik said:

Well, he wasn’t the first about Baker. There was the dude whose friend  used Skynet with the Giants to see what other teams are doing; illegal as all fuck. But he came on in like February and said it was Baker at 1 and Ward at 4.

BFD. More than one of our board peons had Baker at #1, with zero inside info. Upgrade CB, like we were talking- Ward the logical choice. Though it was a tossup between Ward and the other Chubb.  Coin flip at #4.   

9 hours ago, Adoug319 said:

Give me five reasons he’d choose the Dolphins over the Browns. Whoever goes to Miami will be gone in 2 years. That GM will be fired after next season, then that new coach will be a lame duck in his 2nd season

Perfect for the Browns :)

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

The Browns will have coaches available for interview from four more teams come Monday morning. Then four more a week from Monday and so on until the championship is decided on February 4th. Dorsey should make his decision by the tenth. 

Dorsey said in his presser it would be around 2 weeks...

1 minute ago, nickers said:

Dorsey said in his presser it would be around 2 weeks...

I didn’t hear that statement but took it for granted that to interview all candidates you’d almost have to wait till the season is officially over. 

Now if they don’t go with GW I’m gonna say that to me Campbell should be the guy. Just my own guess. A homeless guy suggested McDaniels and got his butt whupped. The homeless aren’t so popular around here. And from all the serious internal reports, they’re gonna keep Freddie. 

Archived