THE BROWNS BOARD

*SOURCE* Brian Flores will be our next HC

Adoug319

Dustin Fox got a text from his insider guy saying that Flores is the guy.

For those of you who are going “yeah, whatever” remember... Dustin was the FIRST to call Baker to us about a week before the draft, got a text from the same source back then.

Let the speculation begin

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mark O said:

who?

Bellichick's one-year DC after Patricia left...

Also interviewed with Fins and Packers.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/01/04/brian-flores-to-meet-with-dolphins-and-packers-today/

Brian Flores to meet with Dolphins and Packers today

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 4, 2019, 6:31 AM EST
GettyImages-462355452-e1546601459885.jpg
Getty Images

Patriots defensive coordinator (except without the title) Brian Flores has a busy weekend, taking advantage of the bye week to look for new work.

According to Ian Rapoport of the NFL Network, Flores will interview with the Dolphins and the Packers today, and will have two more tomorrow.

He had previously been reported to be meeting with the Broncos and Browns.

The 37-year-old Flores was the Patriots’ defensive play-caller, but never got the same title Matt Patricia had the year before for some reason. (Bill Belichick surely knows and had a master plan and the rest of us aren’t capable of understanding it).

The Patriots were seventh in scoring defense (21st in yards allowed), despite a lack of talent in the front seven. And because Patriots coordinators are always in high demand despite their spotty results eslewhere, Flores is a guy everyone wants to talk to this year.

As coach:

New England Patriots (2004–2005)
Scouting assistant

New England Patriots (2006–2007)
Pro scout

New England Patriots (2008–2009)
Special teams assistant

New England Patriots (2010)
Assistant offense & special teams

New England Patriots (2011)
Defensive assistant

New England Patriots (2012–2015)
Safeties coach

New England Patriots (2016–2018) 
Linebackers coach

New England Patriots (2018-present) 
Defensive coordinator

So NOT the DC... The Defensive Playcaller.

Pats did not stop the run. Clevefan will be none to pleased.

EDIT: Actually Pats were 11th ranked vs the run... 21st overall... so maybe he'll be happy-ish...

13 minutes ago, Adoug319 said:

For those of you who are going “yeah, whatever” remember... Dustin was the FIRST to call Baker to us about a week before the draft, got a text from the same source back then.

Is Flores the rooney rule guy? I trust Dorsey and if Dorsey picks him then I'll get on board and I would assume since he's a defensive guy the idea is to keep Freddie kitchens. But if this really is the hire I can't get excited right now

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Is Flores the rooney rule guy? I trust Dorsey and if Dorsey picks him then I'll get on board and I would assume since he's a defensive guy the idea is to keep Freddie kitchens but if this really is the higher I can't get excited right now

They already interviewed Jim Caldwell, and did it early, I’m assuming to get the Rooney Rule out of the way quickly

Also seeing that the Dolphins were the first of four scheduled interviews for Brian Flores and it happened this morning. So I find it hard to believe if we haven't even interviewed him yet that he is definitely the guy because he may not interview well he may not want the job or any other litany of reasons. He could be dorsey's favorite right now but that could change.

Screenshot_2019-01-04-17-30-58.png

4 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Also seeing that the Dolphins were the first of four scheduled interviews for Brian Flores and it happened this morning. So I find it hard to believe if we haven't even interviewed him yet that he is going to be the guy because he may not interview well he may not want the job or any other litany of reasons

He’s not going to choose the Dolphins over the Browns. We have a QB, a young defense, and a ridiculous amount of cap space. I would assume a lot of these interviews are for coordinator positions 

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Not even if we say "please"?

Give me five reasons he’d choose the Dolphins over the Browns. Whoever goes to Miami will be gone in 2 years. That GM will be fired after next season, then that new coach will be a lame duck in his 2nd season

25 minutes ago, Adoug319 said:

He’s not going to choose the Dolphins over the Browns. We have a QB, a young defense, and a ridiculous amount of cap space. I would assume a lot of these interviews are for coordinator positions 

I do believe that all four interviews are for head coaching jobs. The Dolphins the Broncos another team and maybe the Browns if he truly is the guy. I'm just saying I don't know how Dustin Source can say Brian Flores is going to be our next head coach when he hasn't been interviewed. Who knows what job he wants. There just seems to be a lot of legwork left before he would become our coach and it seems awfully early in the process.

Edit I am now seeing where Dustin said Brian Flores is a dark horse candidate.

50 minutes ago, Adoug319 said:

Dustin Fox still can't prove that the Baker text even happened. Fox sometimes even logs in here. Try texting this guy since he's not returning any teams calls..  https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/20190103/bears-fangio-on-job-interviews-i-have-not-returned-one-phone-call       let's fix this defense.. 

....but which one is buying the house in a Cleveland suburb?  

Ya gotta give Dustin Fox credit for Baker.  He wanted us to select him for the entire lead up to the draft.  And he did kind of 'call it' just before the draft.

53 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I just read Dustin's Twitter and on their the latest he said two hours ago was that it was Matt Campbell's job if he wanted it.

The top three candidates are Matt Campbell Dave Campbell and Freddie kitchens according to Zac jackson

Screenshot_2019-01-04-17-32-27.png

Zac Jackson from The Athletic (Twitter @AkronJackson) was a guest on the Bull & Fox show today.

During the discussion, he was pressed to speculate who would be the top 3 candidates for the Browns HC position.

He gave kudos to Dorsey for keeping a tight lid on any leaks coming out of Berea.

He prefaced his choice of Campbell, Campbell, and Kitchens by saying “if we can read the tea leaves”.

Once he said that, I knew it was just speculation.

3 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Zac Jackson from The Athletic (Twitter @AkronJackson) was a guest on the Bull & Fox show today.

During the discussion, he was pressed to speculate who would be the top 3 candidates for the Browns HC position.

He gave kudos to Dorsey for keeping a tight lid on any leaks coming out of Berea.

He prefaced his choice of Campbell, Campbell, and Kitchens by saying “if we can read the tea leaves”.

Once he said that, I knew it was just speculation.

Those 3 are speculation from Zac Jackson. Dustin got the text about Flores afterwards

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

So NOT the DC... The Defensive Playcaller.

Pats did not stop the run. Clevefan will be none to pleased.

EDIT: Actually Pats were 11th ranked vs the run... 21st overall... so maybe he'll be happy-ish...

I would hope they would limit the run.  You see how much beef they have on the interior?

7 minutes ago, Adoug319 said:

Those 3 are speculation from Zac Jackson. Dustin got the text about Flores afterwards

I heard that also, I listen to Bull & Fox every weekday.

Come to think of it...I listen to sports radio about 12 hours a day.

I wonder if there’s some kind of 5 step program to help with my sports radio addiction? 😀

Archived