THE BROWNS BOARD

Nick Chubb highest graded RB...per PFF

10 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Maybe I don’t understand what they’re grading 

Probably making most of their opportunities in the run game, plus efficiency as a receiver and blocker.

Zombo

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Sweet...

And he'll finish at best 5th in ROTY voting...

That's what can happen when you split the vote with a teammate......but Mayfield should win this thing hands down, the race is for place and show.

It sounds like Chubb is right in the running. Could be a bit of homerism but I’m going to say he finishes third with Baker winning it. And the kid from NY finishes a forgettable 2. And that will turn on the faucet of east coast media tears. Someone should gather all them tears too. I bet they’d make a good road de icer

21 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Those top five look like totally insane. Henry??? Where the fuck is Gurley?

Once the Titans new coach figured out that Henry is a monster in the second half if you use him to soften up defenses the first half (like Saban did), Henry was on a tear the last several games of the season. Plus he is a devastating blocker. Unstoppable in short yardage situations.

I had such a great time watching Nick Chubb this year. That 92 yard touchdown run was simply incredible, and it came when we needed it the MOST. We were fresh off a devastating loss in Tampa, things were going sideways, and our team was facing an offense that could score. We were backed up on our own 8, and boom. I never get tired of watching that run, seeing Callaway point the way, and of course....the play call in Spanish from our announcer. 

I'd be interested to see what Chubb's stats are in short yardage situations. The few times he didn't get it the first, it appeared to be more of an offensive line issue than anything. We had a 3rd and 1 against the Ravens in week 17 that we didn't get, and it hurt. To me, and I have no stats to back this up, it seems like 3rd and 1 is much harder than it used to be. Now, we lost our competent lead blocker Orson Charles a few weeks back, but even with him we didn't seem to run a bunch of I-Formation on short yardage. I tend to like having a lead blocker on short stuff, but I'm sure coaches know better than me. 

I was elated drafting Nick Chubb, and I'm really happy that he was healthy and able to show how good his hands were. He's also a humble guy who says all the right things, and his nickname of "Old School" is extremely appropriate. What a pick, what a season for him. 

I remember having the hardest time deciding on either wanting Nick Chubb or Derrius Guice when we got to round 2.We chose Chubb at #35 than D.Guice finally went #59 to Redskins. I still think Guice will be a really good pro & not yet can we compare him to N.Chubbs rookie season. But I can't remember why Derrius Guice fell out of his Round 1 projections? Does anybody remember why? thanks 

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I remember having the hardest time deciding on either wanting Nick Chubb or Derrius Guice when we got to round 2.We chose Chubb at #35 than D.Guice finally went #59 to Redskins. I still think Guice will be a really good pro & not yet can we compare him to N.Chubbs rookie season. But I can't remember why Derrius Guice fell out of his Round 1 projections? Does anybody remember why? thanks 

Yes! I was definitely in the Guice camp, and I agree with you that he'll be very good. I hate that he got injured so early. I blew out my ACL a year ago last week, and I'm still struggling to get back to health. In fact, I'm nowhere near healthy yet. Granted, I'm 39 and obviously not a pro athlete, but I blew out my ACL and MCL, and it really messed me up. No more competitive bball and volleyball, and might not ever get back. I really feel for these guys who suffer nasty injuries. They do a number on your mind. 

Now, in terms of why he fell, I believe it just had to do with his position, and we know how RBs aren't quite as valued as much as past times, and many teams prescribe to the theory that they can find a quality back later in the draft or even in free agency. I also don't think Guice was adept at catching the ball, and in today's NFL, that's important. 

One more thing about Chubb. His wiggle and vision were infinitely beyond what I expected. And we also figured out that he's got the extra gear. 

41 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yes! I was definitely in the Guice camp, and I agree with you that he'll be very good. I hate that he got injured so early. I blew out my ACL a year ago last week, and I'm still struggling to get back to health. In fact, I'm nowhere near healthy yet. Granted, I'm 39 and obviously not a pro athlete, but I blew out my ACL and MCL, and it really messed me up. No more competitive bball and volleyball, and might not ever get back. I really feel for these guys who suffer nasty injuries. They do a number on your mind. 

Now, in terms of why he fell, I believe it just had to do with his position, and we know how RBs aren't quite as valued as much as past times, and many teams prescribe to the theory that they can find a quality back later in the draft or even in free agency. I also don't think Guice was adept at catching the ball, and in today's NFL, that's important. 

good luck with that. I'll never forget going to my daughters 11th rolling skating birthday party. We hit the floor in under 3 minutes she cuts in front of me at gaining burning speed. Do i collide or the spin a ram'a? Well the choice was the never before done spinning Salchow :huh:. Well I landed it! but never came out of my locked up twisted pelvis position for weeks, that i still get a doc to snap in place after 10 years. Back Surgery? No Thanks! anywho, i think i found something on it..And i think he refused to showup Day 2 also.. https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/27/17293968/lsu-derrius-guice-nfl-draft-fall-washington        

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

A bunch of off-the-field stuff. He was late to a lot of meetings with teams. He claimed to be asked if he was either homosexual or homophobic at draft combine interviews and when the NFL investigated it they couldn't find anyone asking any such questions. So a lot of teams were just afraid he was going to be a headache. But once he fell far enough the talent available at that draft position outweighed the chance for headache I guess

46 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

good luck with that. I'll never forget going to my daughters 11th rolling skating birthday party. We hit the floor in under 3 minutes she cuts in front of me at gaining burning speed. Do i collide or the spin a ram'a? Well the choice was the never before done spinning Salchow :huh:. Well I landed it! but never came out of my locked up twisted pelvis position for weeks, that i still get a doc to snap in place after 10 years. Back Surgery? No Thanks! anywho, i think i found something on it..And i think he refused to showup Day 2 also.. https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/4/27/17293968/lsu-derrius-guice-nfl-draft-fall-washington        

Don't get me started on roller skating parties. 3 years ago my daughter had one, and within 5 minutes, one of her friends almost killed me. Like, literally. I was an avid skater, and I was warming up, starting to really hit the gas, and the unthinkable happened. One of my daughter's friends dropped a glowstick, one little item no more than 4 inches long. As I come around the bend, cross-skating to pick up speed, my outside skate SOMEHOW finds the glowstick. The glowstick doesn't just skitter away, oh no. It somehow wedged itself perfectly in between the wheels and totally locked them up. It immediately catapulted me straight up into the air, and the last thing I remembered thinking before hitting the ground was, "OMFG. I'm dying at a skating party."  I hit the floor with the the force of a 10k megaton nuke, and the entire party came running over to me. I survived, although I almost killed the kid who dropped the glowstick, but suffice to say, skating is now OUT for me. Lmao. 

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

. No more competitive bball and volleyball, and might not ever get back. I really feel for these guys who suffer nasty injuries. They do a number on your mind.

God, how I miss playing quality Vball...

Fell in love with the game playing in a Power league at the Painesville YMCA back in the early 70's that was run and coached by a former Olympian. Played right there's no more beautifully choreographed game.

My playing days ended in the late 80's at a Houston area Y when my right thumb ended up behind my right hand after a block.

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

My playing days ended in the late 80's at a Houston area Y when my right thumb ended up behind my right hand after a block.

Real man woulda taped it to the back of the hand and kept of playin'. 😜

9 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Real man woulda taped it to the back of the hand and kept of playin'. 😜

Didn't have any tape... ;)

... but I did remove the soft cast early to take the GMAT. :)

I did come back from an ankle turned during spike-block drill in college. An asshole got tired of of a guy 4" shorter than him stuffing him repeatedly so he landed under the net.

Doc in the ER looked at my softball-sized ankle and  said, "We'll X-ray it, but it's broken."

Came back later and said, "I have bad news. It didn't break".

I was on crutches for two months... at the end of which I used them to get to my flag football games. lol...

6 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Didn't have any tape... ;)

... but I did remove the soft cast early to take the GMAT. :)

I did come back from an ankle turned during spike-block drill in college. An asshole got tired of of a guy 4" shorter than him stuffing him repeatedly so he landed under the net.

Doc in the ER looked at my softball-sized ankle and  said, "We'll X-ray it, but it's broken."

Came back later and said, "I have bad news. It didn't break".

I was on crutches for two months... at the end of which I used them to get to my flag football games. lol...

It's such an incredible game. Very difficult, but so fun. Darn you injuries! 😊

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

It's such an incredible game. Very difficult, but so fun. Darn you injuries! 😊

I bet none of you had what I had though. I took volleyball as a PE course the summer after my freshman year and on my team was this guy who seemed to be able to really get up there at only 6'1" or so. So I just started setting the ball for him every time I got my hands on it and suddenly we had a good team. And since we played most of the summer we became good friends and during our Jr. year I recommended to him to talk to the coach about switching him to safety. He made All-American S, got drafted second round by the Colts and got a Superbowl ring as a CB. I still tell him from time to time he owes me half his NFL retirement $$ for convincing him he belonged at safety.  LOL!😁

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I bet none of you had what I had though. I took volleyball as a PE course the summer after my freshman year and on my team was this guy who seemed to be able to really get up there at only 6'1" or so. So I just started setting the ball for him every time I got my hands on it and suddenly we had a good team. And since we played most of the summer we became good friends and during our Jr. year I recommended to him to talk to the coach about switching him to safety. He made All-American S, got drafted second round by the Colts and got a Superbowl ring as a CB. I still tell him from time to time he owes me half his NFL retirement $$ for convincing him he belonged at safety.  LOL!😁

Who was this?

10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Who was this?

Tommy Maxwell - taken 51 overall, back then he played with 3 of the best defensive backfields in the NFL. Very hard to break in though he played a lot at CB in the SB win. Really great guy who now runs a coaches Christian based spiritual counseling service in Texas.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Maxwell

6 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Considering Chubb BARELY played the first 5 games..

is he a LEGIT candidate for ROY? I think he might take it..

Obviously couldn’t take it from Barkley. Even though the homer in me says Chubb is a better tailback. Pretty sure Bfield is a lock 

1 minute ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Yards after contact is a legit stat that Chubb lead the league in..

lead the rookie* class of rb's. finished 3rd or 4th in total league did he not? 

Archived