THE BROWNS BOARD

Top Offseason Need - Poll

MLD Woody

Top Offseason Need  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What position is our top need heading into the offseason?

• Quarterback
    • Runningback
    • Wide Receiver
    • Tight End
    • Offensive Tackle
    • Interior Offensive Line
    • Interior Defensive Line
    • Defensive End / Edge Rusher
    • Linebacker
    • Safety
    • Cornerback

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I am replacing one starter, it is Coley at DT.

Kirksey is probably next (sadly, because I like him) and we need to take a hard look at the OT situation.

Love another big WR, gonna need another corner, and can't have enough pass rushers...

BUT everything changes with a new coaching staff, the schemes they run, the type of players they want ... Prepare for change!

Zombo

2 minutes ago, Zombo said:

If I am replacing one starter, it is Coley at DT.

Kirksey is probably next (sadly, because I like him) and we need to take a hard look at the OT situation.

Love another big WR, gonna need another corner, and can't have enough pass rushers...

BUT everything changes with a new coaching staff, the schemes they run, the type of players they want ... Prepare for change!

Zombo

Prefer the term prepare for upgrade rather than change :)  a lot less needs changing now compared to recent off seasons :)

If there is a change in coaching.  There will be a big change in players and a four win season.  It will take any squad time to adjust to a new coach and scheme.  Learning curve will last into week six of regular season.

Not surprised at Interior DL being #1, but surprised at:

• how close LB finished, and
  • how low CB finished.

I've been beating the 3-down LB drum for years, but voted CB after seeing what Ward brought and feeling like he might not be available enough going forward. Plus while I've always believed Wilson (remember him?) had a chance to be very, very good two years on the shelf has reduced his odds of impacting the game.

LB'er is the last thing on that front 7 that needs anything right now. The DL needs help first, than we have to see what's up with Ward. I'm happy with Kirk, Collins, Schobert, Avery and Vallejo. Infact I think Vallejo might push one of those guys hard next year for the starting job. If Collins leaves than im open to signing or drafting someone .

5 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

LB'er is the last thing on that front 7 that needs anything right now. The DL needs help first, than we have to see what's up with Ward. I'm happy with Kirk, Collins, Schobert, Avery and Vallejo. Infact I think Vallejo might push one of those guys hard next year for the starting job. If Collins leaves than im open to signing or drafting someone .

Vallejo is just a guy.

Part of us moving into the "good" category of teams means we need to not put average players on mantles 

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Vallejo is just a guy.

Part of us moving into the "good" category of teams means we need to not put average players on mantles 

Maybe, i cant know for sure....but i saw flashes from him that were elite level read and react. And he seemed to shed OL better than schobert. But thats eye test based on the TV angle....cant always see how he covers downfield. Speed and strength at the LOS seemed to be superior to our LB'ers including collins. 

As for drafting a LB'er, im assuming theres a player u have in mind.....and im assuming i can guess where he plays...🧐

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Vallejo is just a guy.

And if there's someone who knows a ton about this, it would be a TTUN fan. ;)

23 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Has anyone thought about special teams. They were horrible. A real good special teamer and maybe a special coach to go with him? We haven’t even been a bit special there

Yes we have. We have been specially bad.

I agree that Dline needs help and I've always thought that Myles had to stay way too much time on the field thus not being as effective. But I remember that last year's draft was heavy on RB and not on CB, so maybe going for the smaller group of LB in first round and Dline on second could work. 

I would address the CB position too. For example, it was crazy playing against the Chiefs with Mitchell and Ward out.

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Yes we have. We have been specially bad.

I agree that Dline needs help and I've always thought that Myles had to stay way too much time on the field thus not being as effective. But I remember that last year's draft was heavy on RB and not on CB, so maybe going for the smaller group of LB in first round and Dline on second could work. 

I would address the CB position too. For example, it was crazy playing against the Chiefs with Mitchell and Ward out.

Special teams was hand cuffing both the D and O. That will be overhauled. Which will then help the Whole team. Sure, a player here or there on D can help but nothing has killed us like that unit has

maybe? getting Robbie Gould out of san fran would interest me? https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/all/kicker   drafting them, than expecting a rookie kicker to play beside a frozen lake with wind or anywhere in AFCN..i think it's time to pass on that one.Get a Vet (if he's there)

9 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Maybe, i cant know for sure....but i saw flashes from him that were elite level read and react. And he seemed to shed OL better than schobert. But thats eye test based on the TV angle....cant always see how he covers downfield. Speed and strength at the LOS seemed to be superior to our LB'ers including collins. 

As for drafting a LB'er, im assuming theres a player u have in mind.....and im assuming i can guess where he plays...🧐

Maaaayyybbbeeee

But, regardless, I think LB would be a smart move in the draft

- We can get our DT in FA

- Top DL will be gone by the time we pick

(Unless, like, Ed Oliver falls or something. Then pick him)

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Yeah precisely my first thought when it came out. Come to clev lawrence we got ur ostarine right here....😁

FIFY... no reason for the omitted word.

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

I think he'll be my designated homer pick for the draft

My only designated homer pick this year will be RB Treyveon Williams who broke the A&M single season record, has excellent hands and led the SEC in rushing this year. He's flying under the radar and some lucky team will pick him up around the 5th or 6th round unless his combine numbers are off the charts. He's a lot like Duke Johnson so no need for the Browns to be looking.

Archived