THE BROWNS BOARD

will there be repercussions for the blown fumble call?

Clevfan4life

Do you guys think there was any thought of kicking the FG at the end? I know Joseph missed a 45 yarder, but 4th and 10 against the odds of a 57 yard FG....ehhhhhh. Not so good either way. I also don't remember what the weather/wind was like, so that could have been a factor, too. Only reason I bring it up is because I randomly remembered we lost to Tampa Bay on a friggin 59 yard FG, and although not accurate from deep, Joseph appears to have somewhat of a strong leg. (although his 45 yarder looked like it was really short) 

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

Do you guys think there was any thought of kicking the FG at the end? I know Joseph missed a 45 yarder, but 4th and 10 against the odds of a 57 yard FG....ehhhhhh. Not so good either way. I also don't remember what the weather/wind was like, so that could have been a factor, too. Only reason I bring it up is because I randomly remembered we lost to Tampa Bay on a friggin 59 yard FG, and although not accurate from deep, Joseph appears to have somewhat of a strong leg. (although his 45 yarder looked like it was really short) 

I'm guessing Williams had an idea from pre-game kicks by Joseph what his limit was, and 57 yards was beyond it. 

You can't have four downs and get zero yards there. 

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm guessing Williams had an idea from pre-game kicks by Joseph what his limit was, and 57 yards was beyond it. 

You can't have four downs and get zero yards there. 

Yeah, that's about the whole of it. Baker was completely crushed after the game and said the one he will be seeing in the offseason is the 2nd down pass he missed to Landry. Missed by about 3-4 feet, and that's a throw he generally nails. The one I mentioned earlier is the one that kills me, the 3rd down. Duke blows by the linebacker, after getting held briefly, and was open for a gashing play. *sigh*

Is the defense allowed to hold behind the line of scrimmage? I'm guessing no, but since Baker didn't throw it to that side, refs weren't going to throw the flag. 

Edit:  Yep, it was definitely an obvious hold on Eric Weddle on 3rd down. Weddle thought Duke Johnson was staying in to block, but when he went to slip out of the backfield, Weddle was completely toasted and literally grabbed Duke to slow his momentum down. It was blatant, it was obvious, and it's a shame that Baker didn't attack the safety blitz, because if he did, Duke doesn't get the first down, he gets a TOUCHDOWN. There was literally nobody in front of him, and even the guys on Browns Daily said it was likely a TD, so I'm not completely insane. Hahahaha. But oh well, it'll be something Baker never forgets, promise you that. 

33 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

it was 90 degrees in Tampa with no wind, I was there. Cold in Balt.

2 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

it was 90 degrees in Tampa with no wind, I was there. Cold in Balt.

That's kind of what I figured. I just remembered being like "WTF" after the Tampa FG bomb. Lol

On 1/1/2019 at 10:31 AM, TopDawg31 said:

The line judge signaled TD by raising his arms, as soon as all the other refs see that the whistles go off. It happens on every TD. At least we get the recovery but it really does suck we don't get the return.

It's basically a one in a zillion chance. Ref thought it was a TD, and blew it dead. Why wouldn't he? I mean, it was within 3 inches probably. The only problem I have with it is that the officials are specifically told NOT to blow the whistle on close plays, and to let replay sort it out. It's been a major emphasis the past few years because of situations just like this. Joe Thomas was incredulous and said the same thing. The truly unthinkable thing is that this is the second time in one season we've had a defensive touchdown taken from us. But, like I said, the very NEXT PLAY our best WR doinks our biggest passing of the year, and our biggest since Andre Davis caught a 99 yarder from Jeff Garcia. It would have been everything, and Jarvis could not figure out how to make the play. I've watched it 100 times, and he simply misjudged it. He needed to either slow, or more likely, spin and catch it. He wouldn't have gone all the way, but it would've been a gigantic gain. Very tough to see your best WR fail to make that catch. 

not buing it. the fumble happened so fast, why blow the whistle after the fumble?

I do NOT doubt that if it happened to the squealers, they would have returned the fumble

for a TD, NO DOUBT.

Doug Dieken said the other day on Red Zone - that refs are instructed to let the play continue and resolve if on reply.

Apparently, the whistle blew after the fumble recovery, because the Browns recovered and got to the 50 yard line?

then again: (the ref was right on the line watching. He didn't miss it. He allowed it. "Kevin Durant" you know.)

18 hours ago, Mark O said:

The whistle was blown as soon as one of the refs on the goal line signaled for a TD.  That ended the play.  It happens in every game every week.  Not just a conspiracy against the Browns.   

You mean.... gasp! They can lose games on their own? Wow! What a concept.... lol

19 hours ago, Mark O said:

The whistle was blown as soon as one of the refs on the goal line signaled for a TD.  That ended the play.  It happens in every game every week.  Not just a conspiracy against the Browns.   

That can't be right, Mark. 

Some of the brightest minds on this board have intelligently explained how the NFL has a vendetta against the Browns, how there is a full-blown conspiracy against the Browns franchise and most likely the city of Cleveland itself. The Illuminati and other secret organizations are probably behind it, along with the people who really took down the World Trade Center and killed Tupac. 

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Some of the brightest minds on this board have intelligently explained how the NFL has a vendetta against the Browns, how there is a full-blown conspiracy against the Browns franchise and most likely the city of Cleveland itself. The Illuminati and other secret organizations are probably behind it, along with the people who really took down the World Trade Center and killed Tupac. 

FIFY. 🤩

then again, explain what led up to bottlegate, and how a "ref" could "accidently" not see that Kevin Durant

was way out of bounds, and allowed the play to continue.

It’s protectionism, the league is protecting some and punishing others.  It pretty obvious look no further than the chargers.  They’re fan base sucks nobody likes them in la and if you have watched them this year they have got more call for them than Cleveland got against them.  

On 1/5/2019 at 7:39 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Obviously there is no grand overall scheme against the team. That said the bad calls go beyond pure incompetence. I am 100% certain refs can and do make calls to bump game flow and take payoffs. Not all but certainly some. The combination of incompetence and some corruption give us the complete garbage we’ve been watching. I would have been told I had a tin foil hat I’d i said this about the NBA a few years back too. 

5 hours ago, Babernakle said:

It’s protectionism, the league is protecting some and punishing others.  It pretty obvious look no further than the chargers.  They’re fan base sucks nobody likes them in la and if you have watched them this year they have got more call for them than Cleveland got against them.  

What a well  timed post just as the Chargers RB gets a huge facemask pull inside the 2 which is not called despite the fact he was completely twisted around and downed by the facemask.  LOL!🤣

The Ravens practice illegally holding defenders on punt plays every ...

Dec 2, 2016 - Ravens win by holding Bengals intentionally and delaying safety, ... was called against the offense, the Bengals did not get an untimed down, ...

Archived