THE BROWNS BOARD

will there be repercussions for the blown fumble call?

Clevfan4life

the NFL has never been happy we made them give back our team.

and that attitude is surely known by the refs.

and some refs roll that way.

well, I don't know how else to explain some of the strange decisions against the Browns.

34 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, I don't know how else to explain some of the strange decisions against the Browns.

Reckless speculation.    (or Conspiracy theorist)  

I don't know why they wouldn't let it play out.  It was only going to be reviewed anyway.  Trigger Whistle.

21 minutes ago, Orion said:

I don't know why they wouldn't let it play out.  It was only going to be reviewed anyway.  Trigger Whistle.

they need to come up with a rule that says that was a clear path to the endzone so that's either a TD or the team that recovered the fumble gets the ball at the 5 yd line. Something like that has to happen cause that fucking ref took 7 pts off the board. I hope he dies in his sleep. 

7 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

they need to come up with a rule that says that was a clear path to the endzone so that's either a TD or the team that recovered the fumble gets the ball at the 5 yd line. Something like that has to happen cause that fucking ref took 7 pts off the board. I hope he dies in his sleep. 

Just delay making that call and eating the whistle until the play is over on those plays when someone is jumping over the line like that. If its a turnover it will get reviewed anyways, just let it play out.

4 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

Just delay making that call and eating the whistle until the play is over on those plays when someone is jumping over the line like that. If its a turnover it will get reviewed anyways, just let it play out.

no I agree, the problem is if the the ref does blow the whistle that can't be "undone". So if that does happen in the future, yeah the ref fucked up and should face consequences....but there has to be on field immediate remediation for that recovering team. Not just they get the ball where the fumble was recovered, that's bullshit....even if a DL picks up that ball, he's getting a long ways downfield before he's caught. They need to give the ball to the recovering team "deep" in the opponensts territory and the ref should have to shove his whistle up his own ass right infront of the crowd. 

12 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

no I agree, the problem is if the the ref does blow the whistle that can't be "undone". So if that does happen in the future, yeah the ref fucked up and should face consequences....but there has to be on field immediate remediation for that recovering team. Not just they get the ball where the fumble was recovered, that's bullshit....even if a DL picks up that ball, he's getting a long ways downfield before he's caught. They need to give the ball to the recovering team "deep" in the opponensts territory and the ref should have to shove his whistle up his own ass right infront of the crowd. 

LOL....You forgot the part where the ref should then pull the whistle out of his ass & blow it again to make sure it sounds the same!  😈

Mike

1 hour ago, Orion said:

since bottlegate...

never mind.

Bottom line is the rules need to be more straight forward & simple, ie an intentional helmet to helmet hit is expulsion & loss of game check. No more of this "the QB now becomes a runner" crap & when a ball is loose, NO WHISTLE until the play is stopped. Then see whether or not it was a fumble.

Also, letters of apology only serve to make the league & refs look "bush league". Don't send letters, get off your asses & DO something about it. This stuff affects all NFL teams, not just the Browns.

Mike

4 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Obviously part of the dirty deep state.😜

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm having difficulty letting this go. That play would have been everything. 

for a moment,Take the browns out of it..10 different teams play 1 game. Out of those 5 games this same play happens..How many games of the 5 do the refs blow that same play dead? (Answer?=Over half?) am almost guessing 4 of those 5 games..unlikely 1 of  8 refs first reaction is not to blow whistle? (not many of us or announcers knew till the upclose replay showed ball short. The Side Judge ref does not get that close-up 👀 live..)    

28 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

for a moment,Take the browns out of it..10 different teams play 1 game. Out of those 5 games this same play happens..How many games of the 5 do the refs blow that same play dead? (Answer?=Over half?) am almost guessing 4 of those 5 games..unlikely 1 of  8 refs first reaction is not to blow whistle? (not many of us or announcers knew till the upclose replay showed ball short. The Side Judge ref does not get that close-up 👀 live..)    

So he wasn’t close enough to make the call of a touchdown either.

25 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

So he wasn’t close enough to make the call of a touchdown either.

agree.but that ball was as close as 6 inches imo before swat. refs original call was ball broke plane and original call was TD. than tweet🎶.was it not? if that proper spot was detected by refs? 3 sets of whistles never blows..amazing how many crazy plays in browns history.. 

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

And that's just it. Even the guys on NFL Network were incredulous, and said, "What benefit do you get by blowing the whistle? Even if you waited until everything finished, replay would verify the score and everything is fine. Referees are taught to not blow it dead just for these reasons." 

Did you see the in-game referee correspondent from New York? He was shaking his head and he said "there's nothing we can do about the Browns TD, but at least they can get the ball." 

You know what REALLY hurt though? The VERY NEXT PLAY our best wide receiver doinked a possible 95 yard TD off his freaking face. Did anybody mention that shit? In the span of two plays I literally lost my Browns-loving mind, LMFAO. My wife came running into the living room screaming, "Are you ok? What happened?!" I showed her the two plays and she went, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I'll be in the other room if you need me." And she scurried away, Hehehehe. 

18 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

My wife came running into the living room screaming, "Are you ok? What happened?!" I showed her the two plays and she went, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I'll be in the other room if you need me." And she scurried away, Hehehehe. 

Watching A&M giving up a quick 7-0 lead slowly to 1 TD and 2 FG's, she looks at me waiting for the "explosion". I just say to her, "turn it to whatever you like cause I'm not watching it live anymore. If they turn it around I have it recording." She looked incredulous that I did not handle it the "usual" way which in the past sends her out shopping.😁

About an hour + later I check live scores and see they are taking over a punt at their own 7 with a 35-13 lead and then watch the little ball race the length of the field for a 93 yd TD for the SEC leading RB Williams. So I casually say to her I'm ready to watch it "live" now. LOL!😂

10 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Watching A&M giving up a quick 7-0 lead slowly to 1 TD and 2 FG's, she looks at me waiting for the "explosion". I just say to her, "turn it to whatever you like cause I'm not watching it live anymore. If they turn it around I have it recording." She looked incredulous that I did not handle it the "usual" way which in the past sends her out shopping.😁

About an hour + later I check live scores and see they are taking over a punt at their own 7 with a 35-13 lead and then watch the little ball race the length of the field for a 93 yd TD for the SEC leading RB Williams. So I casually say to her I'm ready to watch it "live" now. LOL!😂

LMAO. YESSSSSSSS. 

It's funny, my wife got into this year. She said, "Wow. The Browns are actually fun, right?" Heck, my MOTHER said to me last night, "I can't get over how much fun your Brownies are to watch! Can one player (Baker) really make that much of a difference? Isn't it a team game?" I think she has a little crush on Baker! Lol. 

I bought a house in October, and it's 2 miles from my parents. I got to watch like 5 games with my mom and dad, and it's a blessing. I know it sounds sappy, but this team brought my little family so much enjoyment. The first game we watched together was the Jets game, and that kind of started it all. Well, my father and I went to the Saints game together, but we don't count that one! (dang you Zane Gonzalez, lololol) 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

And that's just it. Even the guys on NFL Network were incredulous, and said, "What benefit do you get by blowing the whistle? Even if you waited until everything finished, replay would verify the score and everything is fine. Referees are taught to not blow it dead just for these reasons." 

Did you see the in-game referee correspondent from New York? He was shaking his head and he said "there's nothing we can do about the Browns TD, but at least they can get the ball."  

Refs are told to call what they see,not what they think they see. (think they see, fits here)  than Blowing the whistle becomes a habit to stop the play. NBA & NHL look at replays of 3's & goals at next stoppage.MLB now about the same. Rarely they blow that play dead anymore with new rule changes. Seems pretty easy in nfl, Decide between a)1st & goal or b) Redzone or c) any ball spot? Than tell the refs to stop blowing their whistles ending pending scoring plays🛑 If or when ball comes out, plays live till completion..(ball out, knee down, reviews have been pretty cut & dry this season. that's about it though)..Landry is still learning to be a deep threat & looked of it on that play..but we can't take the 'Landry Bomb' away from him vs Falcons..give me some Free Derek Willies at camp with another tall outside WR at Draft..Ratley maybe on the outside looking Cut... 

55 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

In the span of two plays I literally lost my Browns-loving mind, LMFAO. My wife came running into the living room screaming, "Are you ok? What happened?!" I showed her the two plays and she went, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I'll be in the other room if you need me." And she scurried away, Hehehehe. 

Same scenario at my house after 48 years of marriage? .....When I go bonkers, Colleen will shout downstairs to my Cave to find out what the score is. if I'm yellin' "OH YEAHHH (followed by our player's name)" (or something similar) she knows that's great, if I'm cussin' she knows it's not good. If it's silent, THAT'S when she checks to see whether or not I've died.

Mike

8 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Just let the play finish and then look at the replay. It’s not that difficult 

Yep. Isn't that called the "KISS" (Keep It Simple Stupid) theory? The NFL needs to get back to basics.

Mike

54 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Yep. Isn't that called the "KISS" (Keep It Simple Stupid) theory? The NFL needs to get back to basics.

Mike

They assumed the Ravens scored, and Cleveland paid.

another example of the not up to par officiating for this league. 2018 season was a bit tainted with bad officiating. The Browns aren’t the only team who deals with BS calls.

The line judge signaled TD by raising his arms, as soon as all the other refs see that the whistles go off. It happens on every TD. At least we get the recovery but it really does suck we don't get the return.

Archived