Coach Interviews

Zombo

12 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

Hope we go with something like this...

HC- Eberflus

OC- Kitchens

DC- Schiano

That would IMO be an awesome staff. 

Schiano got fired by OSU.....because to a great extent his defense performed very poorly.  So, just no.

And why would there be so much love for Der Fledermaus......whom NO ONE likely ever heard of before.

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, beare said:

what worrys me with kitchens is 2 things

1 will he be in over his head being basically going off a  small sampling

2) how good of staff can he put together

1. no way to tell other than to see it.  although, do consider how he reacted when he took over the reigns of the O, having only ever called plays in 1 preseason game (game 4)...wasn't in over his head there, so i think it displays an ability to adapt to changing, difficult circumstances.

2. whispers that browns are talking with current staff to keep as many of them in house as possible, particularly the offensive staff.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Schiano got fired by OSU.....because to a great extent his defense performed very poorly.  So, just no.

And why would there be so much love for Der Fledermaus......whom NO ONE likely ever heard of before.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

i like kitchens as our oc...i think he'd be good...other than that, i don't know except we need a much better defense than we have now...how we go about it, we will see.......it will all work out...we are on the up and up.....

I know he hasn't been mentioned, but I'm starting camp Kubiak. I would like to have an experienced coach who meshes well with our talent. Baker and Chubb seem like great peices for what he does. Kubiak is a proven coach and outside of McCarthy hes the only one of these rumored coaches that can claim that. Hes 57 so he could be our coach for the better part of a decade before passing the baton to one of his assistants. 

13 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

Yep. Freddie isnt yet ready for a HC position. 

I certainly do not believe so.  Leave him where he is.....and the way to do that then is to just leave well enough alone.  Keep Williams at HC...and Kitchens at OC.

By the way....Why Not Williams? 

Is anyone getting any vibe out there as to why....if indeed its true, that Williams would not be kept?

Is it just because he is not Dorsey's "Guy".   He was here at DC last year before Dorsey arrived and he wants his own handpicked guy?

But...in a sense...isn't Williams HIS hand picked guy?    When he fired Hue Dorsey could have turned to Al Saunders or someone else....but HE chose Williams to be the interim HC.   Fair to say.   In essence Williams IS his hand picked guy.  He could have bounced Williams out of here with Hue and Haley if he wanted to....but, instead he selected him to be the HC.

I wonder what he will say when we announce ours :)

Just got a text from a former longtime GM and front office exec.....”I cant believe how dumb teams have gotten with the hires today” ....”not 1 will have success”

56 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Is anyone getting any vibe out there as to why....if indeed its true, that Williams would not be kept?

We're the only one that interviewed him.  Nobody wants him as their HC (not even Dorsey).  

After all the HC's are hired he'll be hired as somebody's DC.

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

I wonder what he will say when we announce ours :)

Just got a text from a former longtime GM and front office exec.....”I cant believe how dumb teams have gotten with the hires today” ....”not 1 will have success”

That X-GM is Pat Kirwin that does a radio show on sirius NFL radio with Jim Miller..I heard the whole montage..Every team is in the hunt for the next Shawn McVie(don't they all start with that)..Pat believes that the HC position is not about offense or defensive guru's but it's the best candidate to be the motivated leader of the men in the locker room.(I agree) If some team agrees to pay Tomlin or McCarthy 7M & you find that same guy for 4M? what does it matter, if that coach is still winning games...Edit---We sit with 2 interim OC's. Freddie was already due a raise. Stefanski maybe needs to be a new voice in a new locker room? He is a sharp guy(watch some of his pressers) Bottom line..produce wins on the field..the real coaching money will follow...were done (and looks like most these hiring teams) with working it backwards.. In closing, Pat did say "It's not a great crop of HC'ing candidates. In Pat's opinion, not 1 will succeed".  ***** Now am not Pat Kirwin 🤓*****..but that's the opinion of "a former longtime GM & front office exec" he takes calls from 3-7pm..1-888-NFL-KICK..   

4 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

I know he hasn't been mentioned, but I'm starting camp Kubiak. I would like to have an experienced coach who meshes well with our talent. Baker and Chubb seem like great pieces for what he does. Kubiak is a proven coach and outside of McCarthy hes the only one of these rumored coaches that can claim that. Hes 57 so he could be our coach for the better part of a decade before passing the baton to one of his assistants. 

Your Camp will be lonely- and started too late.  All reports out of Denver say the Broncos are denying requests to interview Kubiak for OC positions, and to date, no one has requested HC interviews. Plus he wants to stay in Denver pending on who gets hired as HC there.  

Dorsey plays it close to the vest, and we won't know for sure until it's announced, but the smoke signals coming out of Berea say it's Kitchens\ Stefanski in some combination.   

3 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

All the talk about HC and OC position, no one is talking about the defense.  We stink against the run.  Any DC talk out there?

Not that I've heard....  

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I certainly do not believe so.  Leave him where he is.....and the way to do that then is to just leave well enough alone.  Keep Williams at HC...and Kitchens at OC.

By the way....Why Not Williams? 

Is it just because he is not Dorsey's "Guy".   He was here at DC last year before Dorsey arrived and he wants his own handpicked guy?

But...in a sense...isn't Williams HIS hand picked guy?    When he fired Hue Dorsey could have turned to Al Saunders or someone else....but HE chose Williams to be the interim HC.   Fair to say.   In essence Williams IS his hand picked guy.  He could have bounced Williams out of here with Hue and Haley if he wanted to....but, instead he selected him to be the HC.

I cannot answer why not William's, I honestly have no freaking clue. Greg definitely earned the job and then some. This whole ordeal has been a head scratcher. To me, keep William's and bump Kitchens pay and give him the Assistant HC title. If William's falls on his face you slide him out and give Freddie a shot. 

But to hot shot Kitchens from RB coach to OC to HC that quickly? I cant say that inspires a lot of confidence it is the BEST choice... More it really IS the "Dorsey wants his own guy for his ego's sake."

4 minutes ago, VikingDawg said:

I cannot answer why not William's, I honestly have no freaking clue. Greg definitely earned the job and then some. This whole ordeal has been a head scratcher. To me, keep William's and bump Kitchens pay and give him the Assistant HC title. If William's falls on his face you slide him out and give Freddie a shot. 

But to hot shot Kitchens from RB coach to OC to HC that quickly? I cant say that inspires a lot of confidence it is the BEST choice... More it really IS the "Dorsey wants his own guy for his ego's sake."

Though that's not the way it's working. Dorsey may have the final say, but he wasn't the only voice in the room with input and taking in the interviews. Elliott Wolf, and around three others- can't remember the names....  

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Though that's not the way it's working. Dorsey may have the final say, but he wasn't the only voice in the room with input and taking in the interviews. Elliott Wolf, and around three others- can't remember the names....  

Jimmuh and supposedly his useless, zero experience Son In Law or wtfever are involved in the interviews as well from the word out of a few media outlets. I would think they would be all about nabbing a "name" at HC though, a McCarthy or McDaniels.

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Dorsey may have the final say, but he wasn't the only voice in the room with input and taking in the interviews. Elliott Wolf, and around three others- can't remember the names....  

7 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

Jimmuh and supposedly his useless, zero experience Son In Law or wtfever are involved in the interviews as well from the word out of a few media outlets. 

we now own dual bean counters to keep Berry & Depo under their thumbs.. https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/06/adam-schefter-reveals-browns-coaching-search-committee/ (Dorsey countered with thiers sometimes others?)  Here's the Pluto chow on Kitchens.. https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/01/cleveland-browns-thinking-about-freddie-kitchens-as-a-head-coach-terry-pluto.html     The entire Browns coaching staff was called in yesterday for a 4pm. meeting..the shoe could drop as soon as their agents start talking... Hold on to your Sponge-Pantski's 🏝️

7 hours ago, VikingDawg said:

Williams did not fare well as the head coach. The decision making and logic was questionable. Going for it is great, but telling the whole world you’re always going for it? And proceeding to always go for it... Really? No logic there.

Dorsey’s ego? Y’all weren’t complaining about his ego when we found out that Baker, Chubb, Avery, and Callaway were the truth.

Let the man do his work and stop second guessing. The best qualified/best fit will be the coach. I believe in Dorsey.

edit: I feel it’s still GW’s defense and he has this year to prove he’s the man.(DC)

Archived