THE BROWNS BOARD

Coach Interviews

Zombo

15 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

Take it for what it’s worth, but ESPN is reporting that Haslam has an interest in Adam Gase.

If my memory serves me correctly, I believe Gase wouldn’t give the Browns the time of day before he took the Miami job.

Baker Mayfield has given a lot of people that didn't give the Browns the time of day plenty of reasons to rethink that.  

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone checked real estate sales in Berea yet? This is the time of year that home sales to NFL coaches in Ohio really takes off.  

The best news in all scenarios is Dorsey has earned Jimmy's trust regardless of his good friend Peyton's recommendation about 1 candidate. I'm sure Dorsey can easily persuade Jimmy that not all successful Coordinators/QB Coaches end up as ideal HCs (ie; Adam Gase, Norv Turner, Lindy Infante, Pat Shurmur, Josh McDaniel (while he has finally reached puberty  - life without Tom Brady was a disaster worth remembering). There's also well respected DCs like Wade Phillips and Romeo Crennel that realized taking on all 3 phases, putting together a staff and supervising that staff is an entirely different animal...

When it seemed this owner was finally committing to continuity (unfortunately on the wrong guy - Hue) - Dorsey reminded him continuity is only important if you have the right guy.  Dorsey prolly remembered those 70s lyrics "it's sad to belong to someone else when the right one comes along."  Haley and Hue got their walking papers; and all of a sudden we finally looked like we had the right OC and right HC. The Titanic doesn't sink when you can see the glaciers...

It would be nice if we could keep the coaching staff in tact that turned this thing around in 2018.  What a refreshing feeling to end a season knowing most of the roster is EXCITED to be here and looking forward to next season.  As outrageous as it was to type that, how many years did it seem like half the roster (by mid-season) were asking themselves "WTF am I wasting time and risking injury in this place for?"  Then came the new coaches and new schemes in the next off season, which of course even deemed some productive players incompatible for the changes ahead... You better believe I'm excited we don't have to return to that nightmare...

59 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Today Dorsey is talking with both Gregg and Freddie. Official interviews on New Years Day. I’d love to be a fly on that wall. 

I'm glad they are early interviewees because they both have one major thing going for them, they were major cogs in turning this program into exactly what the Browns have been searching for since 1999 and they work very well together as they both do with the players who believe in them. If I were one of them I would emphasize that in the interview. If you have a watch that is working perfectly, would you start to tinker with it or let it do what you always wanted it to do? And if I'm Dorsey I'm telling them that I like where things are headed and in going through the interview process, someone will have to really prove to me they can do better than what is already happening with current staff.

57 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm glad they are early interviewees because they both have one major thing going for them, they were major cogs in turning this program into exactly what the Browns have been searching for since 1999 and they work very well together as they both do with the players who believe in them. If I were one of them I would emphasize that in the interview. If you have a watch that is working perfectly, would you start to tinker with it or let it do what you always wanted it to do? And if I'm Dorsey I'm telling them that I like where things are headed and in going through the interview process, someone will have to really prove to me they can do better than what is already happening with current staff.

Neither one needs to say a thing. All three have been working together since Halloween. Dorsey has had front row seats. I think they’re going to tip a few, enjoy the holiday and watch the Rose Bowl

13 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

And performance with the Miami Dolphins has given us plenty of reasons to rethink...

WSS

EXACTLY Steve!   I didn't say what I said to endorse Adam Gase.   I only wanted to point out that Baker Mayfield has given a lot of people that didn't give the Browns the time of day plenty of reasons to rethink that. 

I've been posting the last few weeks I'd like to keep what we have in place here regardless of what Candidates might be coming for interviews.  I still feel that way...

25 minutes ago, Flugel said:

EXACTLY Steve!   I didn't say what I said to endorse Adam Gase.   I only wanted to point out that Baker Mayfield has given a lot of people that didn't give the Browns the time of day plenty of reasons to rethink that. 

I've been posting the last few weeks I'd like to keep what we have in place here regardless of what Candidates might be coming for interviews.  I still feel that way...

According to the national media(haha) rumors, Peyton Manning a friend of Haslami is chirping in his ear about hiring his butt Buddy Adam Gase. I call bullshit!

32 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I feel we could do a lot worse. I love the positive/competitive attitude, good locker room, & on field production/cohesiveness our Team shows (Williams & crew established that). The biggest challenge for Dorsey if he choses to go in another direction is to maintain those qualities while putting in place a long range plan. Dorsey is faced with a tough challenge, easily the toughest of all teams in a coaching search.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but trusting Dorsey on this one.

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

I feel we could do a lot worse. I love the positive/competitive attitude, good locker room, & on field production/cohesiveness our Team shows (Williams & crew established that). The biggest challenge for Dorsey if he choses to go in another direction is to maintain those qualities while putting in place a long range plan. Dorsey is faced with a tough challenge, easily the toughest of all teams in a coaching search.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed but trusting Dorsey on this one.

Mike

I'm not 100% in Dorsey We Trust. We have been fortunate unless Denzel Ward turns out to be too fragile for the NFL in which case Chubb would have been a great pic. Brilliant move to shitcan Hue and Haley but they didn't open the season has head coach at OC by accident.

Garrett Njoku Peppers all good players. Not till you get to Kaiser does the Sashi Brown draft start to smell.

WSS

I have not seen this posted anywhere, so here it is.. JD's ending presser as of 9AM yesterday..

am seeing the same poker face as draft. Started turning coaching rocks weeks ago. watch for agents putting out their guys names. JD & group, As fans, we can only ask for the right guys that keeps these players winning..Good Luck!!

9 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I have not seen this posted anywhere, so here it is.. JD's ending presser as of 9AM yesterday..

am seeing the same poker face as draft. Started turning coaching rocks weeks ago. watch for agents putting out their guys names. JD & group, As fans, we can only ask for the right guys that keeps these players winning..Good Luck!!

And notice who he’s spending he holiday with. Maybe not but I put some significance in that. JD been a man of his word so far. I don’t blame him for doing interviews with a number of guys. But like boxing, they’re going to need to beat the leaders up. Freddie and Gregg are the front runners.  

No shotgun needed

55 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

And notice who he’s spending he holiday with. Maybe not but I put some significance in that. JD been a man of his word so far. I don’t blame him for doing interviews with a number of guys. But like boxing, they’re going to need to beat the leaders up. Freddie and Gregg are the front runners.  

No shotgun needed

rushed home from work yesterday cus NFL radio had nothing in coverage for out of towners. After 1st review i was more squirm' ish than after gameday for both Freddie & Gregg. that won't change for a while it seems 🤞. I don't see it that they trust Freddie yet making the next jump. Freddie could take a HC'ing college job if money is his thing? Easily! Gregg imho has not got his defense to next level but, is his talent really much better clogged with some key team injuries? Like the Ward pick,but Ogbah and Coley failed Gregg imho. No doubt these players played hard for both guys after Hue stuck them 'all" in their Backs. Am proudest of Gregg taking HC'ing duties standing up for his players.. tick tock  

51 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Freddie and Gregg are the front runners.  

No shotgun needed

until the third interview is conducted.

3 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I am fearing that we will get a new coaching staff and they will bring us down.  Players responding to a different crew will be something to watch.

Feels good having a leader for a QB, and a guy like Landry to prevent that from happening. 

I think the roster understands the situation and knows it’s time to get the BEST possible candidate in charge..

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

I would of loved one of the press guys to of asked ..... So will Hue Jackson get an interview, is he one of the guys on the list ? :)

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And performance with the Miami Dolphins has given us plenty of reasons to rethink...

WSS

Landry told a story about Gase joking with players in Miami that they'd be punished by trading them off the Cleveland.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

rushed home from work yesterday cus NFL radio had nothing in coverage for out of towners. After 1st review i was more squirm' ish than after gameday for both Freddie & Gregg. that won't change for a while it seems 🤞. I don't see it that they trust Freddie yet making the next jump. Freddie could take a HC'ing college job if money is his thing? Easily! Gregg imho has not got his defense to next level but, is his talent really much better clogged with some key team injuries? Like the Ward pick,but Ogbah and Coley failed Gregg imho. No doubt these players played hard for both guys after Hue stuck them 'all" in their Backs. Am proudest of Gregg taking HC'ing duties standing up for his players.. tick tock  

Not til next preseason, if you can listen to the Browns pregame show, it’s got a lot of great team info. It’s two hours and only about one team.  STOs Bruce Drennan show is real good too. He tends to poke some fun at the national dorks and point out how wrong they usually are.  He’s got some great contacts, has opinions and fan call in. You should be able to get sportstimeohio there without a huge cost. 

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Freddie and Gregg are the front runners.

Just because they are the first to get interviewed doesn't make them the front runners for the job. 

It literally just means they are the first to get interviewed. 

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

STOs Bruce Drennan show is real good too. He tends to poke some fun at the national dorks and point out how wrong they usually are.  He’s got some great contacts, has opinions and fan call in. You should be able to get sportstimeohio there without a huge cost. 

yep, pay direct tv about 17 bucks/month on 4th years now, to get STO sports package in N.C.. Record Drennan & get to it when i can. Sometimes he gets into to much baseball & nba for me but (FF). The one guy caller, that Drennan lets in 'everyday' drives be nutz not getting shutdown swimming on different topics for 10 mins.(can't remember his name? Andre?)..Enjoy the heck out of Red zone. Adding HBO on for limited time for Hard Knocks was worth every red cent. can't wait for the new RV season;) 

5 hours ago, Flugel said:

Well, USA Today has the Browns coaching job #2 in most desirable only behind Green Bay. 

I was stuck listening to Cow-pie on my way to Indy. Colon not only hates Baker, thinks the Browns are going to flop in 2019, because we can't handle success. And, thinks Denver had a better season than the Browns, even though we beat them. If they're better managed, Elway has to do better picking QBs than Paxton Lynch. :D

4 hours ago, choco said:

Landry told a story about Gase joking with players in Miami that they'd be punished by trading them off the Cleveland.

That’s what I was insinuating in my original post regarding Gase.

He obviously dislikes the city and the team.

He can go fuck himself, he’s accomplished shit as an NFL head coach.

Archived