THE BROWNS BOARD

Coach Interviews

Zombo

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Heard on NFL Radio yesterday that McDaniels has ruled himself out for any HC job this year. I think he's awaiting BBs retirement.

From what I've heard:

He turned down an interview with Cincy.

He said he's enthusiastically interested in OUR HC position.  (but we weren't interested in him)

And he DID interview with the Packers but they hired somebody else.

Three strikes, so he's out. 

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Orion said:

From what I've heard:

He turned down an interview with Cincy.

He said he's enthusiastically interested in OUR HC position.  (but we weren't interested in him)

And he DID interview with the Packers but they hired somebody else.

Three strikes, so he's out. 

Nobody wants to hire a waffler.

20 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nobody wants to hire a waffler.

On the other hand who wants to get behind the wheel of a team that's about one season away from a complete rebuild? I mean that could be the Patriots soon enough but he's already there.

Only positive about McDaniels is that he's from around here which does it mean all that much these days.

WSS

4 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Williams did not fare well as the head coach. The decision making and logic was questionable. Going for it is great, but telling the whole world you’re always going for it? And proceeding to always go for it... Really? No logic there.

Dorsey’s ego? Y’all weren’t complaining about his ego when we found out that Baker, Chubb, Avery, and Callaway were the truth.

Let the man do his work and stop second guessing. The best qualified/best fit will be the coach. I believe in Dorsey.

edit: I feel it’s still GW’s defense and he has this year to prove he’s the man.(DC)

Except that Williams DID fare well. We won. Over and over. We played tough, hard football and continued improving. GW earned the job. Not asked for it, not expected it, he earned the right to continue proving himself as HC. 

Yes I question the logic of not seriously considering the man or offering him the job. 

Yes, I question the infatuation with hiring Kitchens to be the HC when he isnt yet ready to be a HC. People seem to forget he started the season as the RB Coach and was thrust into the OC spot. 

Yes, I question Stefanski as well as it is a similar situation and nothing about the guy screams HC material. It fits that word is pudpulling Paulie D is the moron pushing hard for Stefanski cause analytics. Yeah, I question that. Any sane person would. 

No, William's isnt staying on and going back to our lowly DC after accomplishing what he did only to be snubbed. Won't happen and doesn't happen in the NFL. 

As for questioning Dorsey, 1: Callaway was a really shitty example on your part and 2: No one on the team or in the F.O. is above being questioned. I didn't say fire the guy or any of that but I do question the logic, or lack thereof in the HC search. If it turns out things went how they did because of Jimmuh and Paulie D? Obviously that doesnt reflect on Dorsey although I question how long he sticks around here if he doesnt get his say in who the Hac is. 

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Though that's not the way it's working. Dorsey may have the final say, but he wasn't the only voice in the room with input and taking in the interviews. Elliott Wolf, and around three others- can't remember the names....  

But...in a sense...isn't Williams HIS hand picked guy?    When he fired Hue Dorsey could have turned to Al Saunders or someone else....but HE chose Williams to be the interim HC.   Fair to say.   In essence Williams IS his hand picked guy.  He could have bounced Williams out of here with Hue and Haley if he wanted to....but, instead he selected him to be the HC.

I cannot answer why not William's, I honestly have no freaking clue. Greg definitely earned the job and then some. This whole ordeal has been a head scratcher. To me, keep William's and bump Kitchens pay and give him the Assistant HC title. If William's falls on his face you slide him out and give Freddie a shot. 

But to hot shot Kitchens from RB coach to OC to HC that quickly? I cant say that inspires a lot of confidence it is the BEST choice... More it really IS the "Dorsey wants his own guy for his ego's sake."

And this is what I have been pointing out this morning....that this apparently is NOT  Dorsey's show....but just another Jimmy Haslam shit show coach search like the ones that produced Chudzinski/Pettine/Jackson.   So, maybe Dorsey WAS in favor of bringing back Williams....but because Jimmy's fucking son-in-law didn't like the idea, it got shot down.   We have no clue....except to say that the clues are again leading us to another FUBAR coach search.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

But...in a sense...isn't Williams HIS hand picked guy?    When he fired Hue Dorsey could have turned to Al Saunders or someone else....but HE chose Williams to be the interim HC.   Fair to say.   In essence Williams IS his hand picked guy.  He could have bounced Williams out of here with Hue and Haley if he wanted to....but, instead he selected him to be the HC.

I cannot answer why not William's, I honestly have no freaking clue. Greg definitely earned the job and then some. This whole ordeal has been a head scratcher. To me, keep William's and bump Kitchens pay and give him the Assistant HC title. If William's falls on his face you slide him out and give Freddie a shot. 

But to hot shot Kitchens from RB coach to OC to HC that quickly? I cant say that inspires a lot of confidence it is the BEST choice... More it really IS the "Dorsey wants his own guy for his ego's sake."

And this is what I have been pointing out this morning....that this apparently is NOT  Dorsey's show....but just another Jimmy Haslam shit show coach search like the ones that produced Chudzinski/Pettine/Jackson.   So, maybe Dorsey WAS in favor of bringing back Williams....but because Jimmy's fucking son-in-law didn't like the idea, it got shot down.   We have no clue....except to say that the clues are again leading us to another FUBAR coach search.

The search is over .....

4 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Williams did not fare well as the head coach. The decision making and logic was questionable. Going for it is great, but telling the whole world you’re always going for it? And proceeding to always go for it... Really? No logic there.

Dorsey’s ego? Y’all weren’t complaining about his ego when we found out that Baker, Chubb, Avery, and Callaway were the truth.

Let the man do his work and stop second guessing. The best qualified/best fit will be the coach. I believe in Dorsey.

edit: I feel it’s still GW’s defense and he has this year to prove he’s the man.(DC)

Again....this all may NOT be "Dorsey's work".

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

On the other hand who wants to get behind the wheel of a team that's about one season away from a complete rebuild? I mean that could be the Patriots soon enough but he's already there.

Only positive about McDaniels is that he's from around here which does it mean all that much these days.

WSS

Born in Barberton....grew up in North Canton area.

4 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

That's why I said he was from around here. So is Ralph Beddow but I don't want him to coach the team either.

WSS

But, FYI...in case you did not know  Ralph Beddow WAS the head football coach....and I believe he actually coached them (NHS) to an undefeated season....or at least a couple of very, very good records. 

15 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It appears that is the case, Jimmuh is still meddling and dictating. 

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

Kris Richard Favorite For Dolphins’ HC Job? http://bit.ly/2SKP5KJ 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Really?  WOW

LOL not that Richards Gipper, but just think of the halftime shows....  

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL not that Richards Gipper, but just think of the halftime shows....  

No longer in the running for the job .....he couldn't get any satisfaction and was worried he would be under the GM's thumb ....

25 minutes ago, darren15 said:

No longer in the running for the job .....he couldn't get any satisfaction and was worried he would be under the GM's thumb ....

Are you saying that he was afraid that he would be just a beast of burden? And that its all over now for his HC candidacy? 

Well...here's hoping he won't need an emotional rescue.  But.....he is still young.  Time is on his side.

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Are you saying that he was afraid that he would be just a beast of burden? And that its all over now for his HC candidacy? 

Well...here's hoping he won't need an emotional rescue.  But.....he is still young.  Time is on his side.

I think it was him starting his interview with "Please allow me to introduce myself" that went against him

3 hours ago, darren15 said:

Yes, but they would save money on unis by painting them all black.

Archived