THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike McCarthy Approached

darren15

4 hours ago, 7moses7 said:

McCarthy had a premiere QB and couldn’t find his way to the playoffs . His approach is no longer working 

In his 13th year, Look at what he did with rogers in the early years.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

Then that is on the GM.  But when said HoF openly has issues with his head coach, should tell you all you need to know.

Green Bay had a sizable personnel advantage over Arizona and still found a way to lose to them.  Not only that but in the manner in which they took the L.  The team looked lost, without leadership, structure and just counting on Rodgers to do everything.     That should be a big red flag. 

more going on than just McCarthy they sucked even harder after he got canned

If McCarthy with a young Baker can replicate what he did with a young Rogers bring him on. Rogers is on the downside of his career heading into his 14 season. GB failed to bring in talent and allowed his best WR's to leave.

4 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

for anyone who wants MM- watch the seattle-GB nfl championship game from several years back.  He singlehandedly lost that game

coaches do that on occasion

2 hours ago, Louisville Slugger said:

McCarthy would be a nightmare for Chubb. I think McCarthy and Baker may bump heads too. How much of the fallout was Rodgers or his coach. I personally believe the team fell apart due to lack of talent and the wrong guy got the blame

I was intrigued at first about McCarthy, but the more I read (and heard specifically from Packers fans) the more I think McCarthy's best years might be behind him. 

I also think A-a-ron Rodgers might very well be a world-class douche nozzle too, so there's that. It might be a combo situation in Green Bay. 

Nobody in here knows what really went on behind closed doors in GB. I believe they let the talent around Rogers disintegrate. Dorsey knows first hand what went on there while he was there. If he interviews McCarthy, then he still believes in him. If he does not, it will send up red flags to the rest of the league.

On 12/30/2018 at 9:52 PM, Clevfan4life said:

Yeah i absolutely disdain SB winning coaches, utter contempt for them....not sure why the Browns would want someone like thst. 👍

How many coaches in the past 50 years have won a Superbowl for one franchise and then went and coached another to another Super Bowl victory? I'll wait.

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

How many coaches in the past 50 years have won a Superbowl for one franchise and then went and coached another to another Super Bowl? I'll wait.

How many coaches in the past 50 years were first-time NFL head coaches who never brought a team to a Super Bowl? 

On 1/1/2019 at 2:50 PM, Dutch Oven said:

How many coaches in the past 50 years were first-time NFL head coaches who never brought a team to a Super Bowl? 

I don't know the answer to that but I do know it's more than the answer to my question which is 0. No coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then led another team to a Super Bowl championship. Which the comment I replied to said sure I don't want a super bowl-winning coach. Well I don't because it's been proven so far that they won't win another Superbowl with a different team. Like I said I don't know the answer to your question but if your question is how many Super Bowls have not been won by a coach that have only one them in one place the answer is 50. I'm not against "retreads". I'm against super bowl-winning retreads.

But off the top of my head Doug Pederson Sean Payton John Harbaugh Mike Tomlin. That's four more than the answer to mine.

Edit I misread your question as first-time head coaches that did win a Super Bowl because that is actually trackable without spending hours on it.

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

I don't know the answer to that but I do know it's more than the answer to my question which is 0. No coach has won a Superbowl with the team and then let another team to a Super Bowl championship. Which the, I replied you said sure I don't want a super bowl-winning coach. Well I don't because it's been proven so far that they won't win another Superbowl with a different team. Like I said I don't know the answer to your question but if your question is how many Super Bowls have not been won by a coach that have only one them in one place the answer is 50. I'm not against "retreads". I'm against super bowl-winning retreads

Fair enough. 

22 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Okay I did my research there have been 32 super bowl-winning coaches. Of those 32

Mike McCarthy, Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, weeb ewbank, Hank stram ( Dallas Texans turn the Kansas City Chiefs), Vince Lombardi, Barry Switzer, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, Don McCafferty, Doug Pederson, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are all coaches who won a Superbowl at their first NFL head coaching gig. So by count that is 23. Like I said I still don't know the answer to your question because there have been a lot of first-time coaches that didn't win a championship but odds are if you want to win a championship you hire a first-time NFL head coach. 72% of the Super bowls have been won by a coach in their first NFL coaching gig.

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Okay I did my research there have been 32 super bowl-winning coaches. Of those 32

Mike McCarthy, Bill Cowher, Mike Holmgren, Jimmy Johnson, Mike Ditka, Bill Walsh, Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, Tom Landry, John Madden, weeb ewbank, Hank stram ( Dallas Texans turn the Kansas City Chiefs), Vince Lombardi, Barry Switzer, Brian Billick, George Seifert, Joe Gibbs, Tom Flores, Don McCafferty, Doug Pederson, Sean Payton, John Harbaugh, and Mike Tomlin are all coaches who won a Superbowl at their first head coaching gig. So by count that is 23. Like I said I still don't know the answer to your question because there have been a lot of first-time coaches that didn't win a championship but odds are if you want to win a championship you hire a first-time NFL head coach. 72% of the Super bowls have been won by a coach in their first NFL coaching gig.

Parcels took the patriots to the Super Bowl after he won 2 with the Giants. And Ween Ewbanks won two championships with the Colts and then later one one with the Jets. 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Parcels took the patriots to the Super Bowl after he won 2 with the Giants. And Ween Ewbanks won two championships with the Colts and then later one one with the Jets. 

I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.

32 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Doesn't seem, from anything I've read, that Arians is even in the mix.

WSS

I haven't read a word on Iowa State head coach, and local boy Matt Campbell either. 

15 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I was specifically talking Super Bowls I know you're all about championships counting as Super Bowls but there has not been a coach that has won a Superbowl with a team and then won another Super Bowl with a different team as a head coach. Ewbank only Super Bowl win was in 69 with Jets.

Who gives a shit if it’s the Super Bowl or a pre-Super Bowl championship they’re all just championships. it don’t mean shit when they were won. Ween Ewbank isthe only guy in history who won championships with two different teams. just because you’re young and dumb doesn’t mean things didn’t happen before your sorry ass was born. 

On 12/30/2018 at 9:06 PM, nickers said:

McCarthy is anti energy to Bakers electricity.. he's bland.. I'm not into bland... Does That mean he'll bring Mike Pettine as D coordinator LOL?

McCarthy scratches his nuts and then smells his hand. The guy is a fucktard Mike Holmgren clone. As.Mah Nikkaz says.....Nyet to that asshole.

Archived