THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike McCarthy Approached

darren15

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McCarthy is anti energy to Bakers electricity.. he's bland.. I'm not into bland... Does That mean he'll bring Mike Pettine as D coordinator LOL?

1 minute ago, nickers said:

McCarthy is anti energy to Bakers electricity.. he's bland.. I'm not into bland. Does That mean he'll bring Mike Pettine as D coordinator LOL?

Doubtful even if we do bring him in. The fact that its being reported we're talking to people is essentially the writing on the wall for GW. Only question is if he stays as DC.

I for one dont  want mccarthy simply because ive had as much of myles standing up as i can stomach this year. I hate standing up guys that should gave their hands in the dirt and if we bring in mccarthy thats what we're gonna see on defense. So unless u guys want myles traded we should run mostly 4-3 packages. Which means bringing in a coach that isnt going to masterfully fuck shit around. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2813219-browns-rumors-mike-mccarthy-contacted-by-cleveland-about-hc-vacancy

The Cleveland Browns "have made a preliminary inquiry with" former Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy, the Toronto Sun's John Kryk reported Sunday.

Gregg Williams replaced Hue Jackson on an interim basis after the Browns fired Jackson in October. According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Williams "isn't considered a front-runner or anything close for the full-time job."

He has some solid experience with one of the best QBs ever.. some say the GOAT, Aaron Rodgers.

I don't want McCarthy.. I just don't see Baker as a WCO QB.. Roll with Kitchens.. Hes done plenty right by Baker...Having McCarthy's bland personality on the sidelines is counter productive to Bakers fire and passion... It just doesn't mesh..

58 minutes ago, nickers said:

I don't want McCarthy.. I just don't see Baker as a WCO QB.. Roll with Kitchens.. Hes done plenty right by Baker...Having McCarthy's bland personality on the sidelines is counter productive to Bakers fire and passion... It just doesn't mesh..

Williams since he's taken over as HC has been about as passive and bland as anyone. I remember in preseason and the beginning of the season he was all fired up on the sidelines. He just might not have the right personality to be HC. 

10 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

In any case, if Dorsey thinks McCarthy is best for the team...who are we to say right?

He also thought Hue Jackson and Todd Haley were best for the team. We can say he’d be wrong again. 

The current crew earned their opportunity to go into next season at the helm. Don’t try to fix what isn’t broken.

20 minutes ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

He also thought Hue Jackson and Todd Haley were best for the team. We can say he’d be wrong again. 

The current crew earned their opportunity to go into next season at the helm. Don’t try to fix what isn’t broken.

I honestly don't have much of a strong opinion. I'll go with what Dorsey says on this one. And my previous comment was tongue in cheek, there are definitely moves Dorsey has made that I didn't agree with at the time and the season has somewhat bore out my criticisms. Offensively tho, hard to argue with the mans moves. We haven't had this kind of offense in decades. So if he thinks McCarthy will be good for Baker...then fine. 

Personally I wouldn't mind tho seeing a defensively minded coach come in and keep the OC as is...cause that's clearly working. But if no moves are made, im fine with that too. 

4 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

I honestly don't have much of a strong opinion. I'll go with what Dorsey says on this one. And my previous comment was tongue in cheek, there are definitely moves Dorsey has made that I didn't agree with at the time and the season has somewhat bore out my criticisms. Offensively tho, hard to argue with the mans moves. We haven't had this kind of offense in decades. So if he thinks McCarthy will be good for Baker...then fine. 

Personally I wouldn't mind tho seeing a defensively minded coach come in and keep the OC as is...cause that's clearly working. But if no moves are made, im fine with that too. 

But as a rule head coaches don't want to use whatever was there when they get to a new team. They want their own people, they want to break things down and build them again in their own image. Which we don't need to do especially with the guy is used to working with an excellent quarterback but from a completely different mold from our franchise QB.

So we get another disappointing year as this guy tries to hammer Baker Mayfield into an Aaron Rodgers mold. Or grudgingly keeps Freddie kitchens and micromanagers him micromanages him into failure.

WSS

8 hours ago, Mr. Make-Believe said:

No, he let Hue bring in Haley. He was giving the current at the time staff a chance with a somehwhat built roster, he let nature take its course.

29 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

No, he let Hue bring in Haley. He was giving the current at the time staff a chance with a somehwhat built roster, he let nature take its course.

You think Jackson wanted Haley here? I think you're dreaming oh, it was forced on him that pissed him off every second of the day.

WSS

Out of all of the rumors, this is the only dude that I don't want.

I think Dorsey already has his guy all but signed, but needs to do the Broadway style song and dance show to appease the NFL's ridiculous hiring rules. 

6 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Hahaha but how about the actual supporting cast of one of the greatest QBs of all time?

Then that is on the GM.  But when said HoF openly has issues with his head coach, should tell you all you need to know.

Green Bay had a sizable personnel advantage over Arizona and still found a way to lose to them.  Not only that but in the manner in which they took the L.  The team looked lost, without leadership, structure and just counting on Rodgers to do everything.     That should be a big red flag. 

Archived