THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Ravens Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

I just love how competitive we are. 

We are on the road at a divisional rival that needs to win for the playoffs and we just won’t lie down. We are going toe to toe with them. We could be even closer if not for the refs. 

The future is very bright 

Hated the last 4 offensive play calls.... We needed to run it at least once to force a Ravens TO, and maybe twice..... Time was not a factor at 1:20 left and 1st and 10.... Terrible game day management. 

That being said, record wise we ended up about where I thought we would - a 500ish team.... but we got there way different than I ever imagined..... Oh yea, FUCK you Hue!

Let the off season officially begin and LOL at the Stoolers!!

Happy New Year everyone. 

A winnable game that we weren't mentally prepared for at points.   Collins was went at several times for not playing assignment football.   

That said,  I'll take it.   I didn't want the season to end.   Been a long time since I've felt that way.    We may have something good here though.  

Lamar won't make it out of the playoffs this year intact and when Suggs and Waddle hang it up that defense is in for a surprise.    

Window of opportunity to be top in the AFC North starts now.  

Really PROUD of our Browns.

But, can somebody explain to me, why that fumble was whistled dead?

Not happy, don't get it. Of course, that may have been when I tried one of

Canton Mike's hot wings and my mouth went numb....

It was blown dead cus the DJ (side judge) from Pittsburgh St. thought the ball broke the plane of goalline. than of course, the QB skirt safety rule kicks in cus lamar was plowed backwards coming down moving backwards from pile. See Chitters, even a guy from Pitt. State can blow a Browns game.. now deal with it..(I have not reviewed game yet at whistle or who blew it) but would this not just be wonderful..We can call him Mayor of Pittsburgh) discount double check it later.. 

I wanted them to give Greg Joseph a chance to earn his stripes and gain some confidence with a chance to boom a potential 57 yard game winner.. 

but they were playing “agressive” probably, with a nearly impossible 4th and 10 attempt.. whatever, better draft position right?

and that was bs, Peppers would’ve had a fumble for 6. Should’ve let the play continue since all turnovers are reviewed. FAIL on the refs.. again.

Here in northern Alabama for Christmas bouncing Grandkids on my knee for a week. Watched 1st half at the house where we were on the local telecast and 2nd at a sports bar next to a few Steeler fans. Here are a few thoughts...

• Our D... yeah we got gashed, but when you face an offense you do not see for 15 games, that's not really surprising. When you have to honor the QB run, then a Dixon's impact is magnified. And mauling OL presence ala Yanda magnify things even more.
  • Baker... BLT made him look like a rookie. I get the TD record and that's nice, but 3 INTs determined the game... and 2 were really bad INTs (Mosely's was a great effort). I suspect that the 2 bad ones were height related... pick #1 most definitely seemed to be. Then there was the D pressure, real and perceived. A couple of his errant passes were pure mechanical breakdowns under pressure that was not great. There was a weak pass to an out route where he "stepped in the bucket" that brought back memories of Brian Hoyer. The kid's a fighter, but today he lost the turnover battle and the game.

Before I go on... Do I want to trade QBs with BLT? Not just, no, but hell no.

• Baker, too... Kid's a fighter... he was also the major reason we were in the game.
  • Run game??? We ran the ball 14 times... 14! Where was the run game? Chub had 9 carries... 9! Shades of Huey Jackson and the boos...
  • Receivers... wow... Apart from one misjudged facemask doink (for which Baker has some responsibility), Landry played up to his billing. Callaway was solid. Higgins remains underappreciated. But it's Perriman that astounds me... the guy who couldn't catch a cold his 1st 2-years, goes home continuing to catch everything. And lastly, Njoku... had to give him his own thread... I was just that impressed.

More later on the D after a travel day tomorrow to the Piney Hills, etc., but first a last, overall comment...

In the moments during (and especially at the end of) the game I got caught up in the pursuit of the win, but any disappointment quickly faded. In part the look on the Steelers fans faces (nice folks with whom I had a few fun exchanges during the game) gave me a severe case of schadenfreude. However, even more was a feeling that the bad taste left by this season-ending loss was only going to fuel our 2019 efforts.

19 hours ago, Ballsonchin said:

Jackson has fumbled in every single game he has played.......so yeah, the Browns have to get those turnovers. 

And we did. We got the fumble on the goal line, and the refs took another defensive TD from us. I won't get over that any time soon. Also, when Lamar made that bad pitch on their final 3rd down, I saw it bouncing right to our guy for the TD. I saw our LB scooping it up for the score. The lucky bounce that we've deserved for so long skittering away from the Ravens' RB, and going right to us, lol. Didn't happen, but in the span of a 2 seconds, my brain thought it did. Hehehehe 

10 hours ago, gumby73 said:

It was blown dead cus the DJ (side judge) from Pittsburgh St. thought the ball broke the plane of goalline. than of course, the QB skirt safety rule kicks in cus lamar was plowed backwards coming down moving backwards from pile. See Chitters, even a guy from Pitt. State can blow a Browns game.. now deal with it..(I have not reviewed game yet at whistle or who blew it) but would this not just be wonderful..We can call him Mayor of Pittsburgh) discount double check it later.. 

play is at 1:53 in 2nd quarter,3rd & goal. 1 bad call should not dictate games, but How does the 2nd half play out then? Not found a good angle on referee placements or who's is blowing the whistle'S. maybe 3 multi-pal whistles seem to be blowing play dead before ball hits the ground after fumble. clearly does not break plane & all scoring plays & turnovers were reviewable..Multi Refs solidly choked blowing play dead..

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

play is at 1:53 in 2nd quarter,3rd & goal. 1 bad call should not dictate games, but How does the 2nd half play out then? Not found a good angle on referee placements or who's is blowing the whistle'S. maybe 3 multi-pal whistles seem to be blowing play dead before ball hits the ground after fumble. clearly does not break plane & all scoring plays & turnovers were reviewable..Multi Refs solidly choked blowing play dead..

How does this happen TWICE to us on defensive TD plays? Why blow it dead? Makes no freaking sense and it's infuriating. 

I tell ya, on our last drive we had Duke Johnson on the left side for that wheel/flare pass we do when Baker loops it over top for 10-15 yards. Baker didn't look left because he wasn't going to have time to check both directions, and it hurt that he looked right. We knew a blitz was coming, and there was no way the backer could blitz and cover Duke. I really wanted us to get Duke the ball during that set of downs, and when you watch the 3rd down, you see Duke's guy rush the QB, try and hold Duke because he sees him run past, but Duke would've been open if Baker decided to throw it left. Probably just bad luck because Baker had to pick a side. It doesn't matter now of course, but go back and watch our last 3rd down. Duke is in the backfield, shoots out left (gets held a little), but is open...so open. *sigh* 😉

Archived