THE BROWNS BOARD

Seely pushing special teams to be even better!

Brownshirt

Good stuff, Brownshirt.

This ST unit has an opportunity to be the best in the biz this year. Seely is an extension of Mangini: Excellent tactician who demands concentration and preparation from his players.

Special teams units are critical in close games: Covering a kickoff/punt with the lead in the last two minutes, etc. I am confident the Browns will end up on the positive side of those exchanges and that could make the difference between a win and a loss.

With regards to the rule change on the 2-man wedge on kickoffs, I am wondering a few things: 1) How are they going to monitor that while watching for all the holding, etc., 2) If a team is flagged for having too many men forming the wedge, what kind of penalty is it? Unsportsmanlike, personal foul? & 3) Is it a spot foul like a block in the back, clip, etc.?

Good stuff, Brownshirt.

This ST unit has an opportunity to be the best in the biz this year. Seely is an extension of Mangini: Excellent tactician who demands concentration and preparation from his players.

Special teams units are critical in close games: Covering a kickoff/punt with the lead in the last two minutes, etc. I am confident the Browns will end up on the positive side of those exchanges and that could make the difference between a win and a loss.

With regards to the rule change on the 2-man wedge on kickoffs, I am wondering a few things: 1) How are they going to monitor that while watching for all the holding, etc., 2) If a team is flagged for having too many men forming the wedge, what kind of penalty is it? Unsportsmanlike, personal foul? & 3) Is it a spot foul like a block in the back, clip, etc.?

I can't find anything definitive, guess we'll have to wait till it's called.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_...?urn=nfl,150662

Archived