THE BROWNS BOARD

Kitchens And Williams

darren15

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Gotta LOVE Kitchens. He's the perfect OC for the Browns offense.

Gotta agree. A lot of that is also due to some good head coaching. Gregg has some input for the offensive coordinator, then let’s him go. Work with Baker, open things up and such....that’s a good combination when you have coaching and players on the same page. And as much as I like Freddie, I just don’t think he’s all that without a good boss

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

read somewhere, Dorsey will have a presser Monday morning 9am..kinda think Haslam will be sitting to his left. the less Jimma's chitletts move the better..Baker in his best Dorsey sweater to his right would be awesome :)  

actually i think having williams to his right would bode better for the team

9 hours ago, nickers said:

Quit acting like Tony Grossi... I saw that on the Red Zone and wanted to choke him...

I didn't see it anywhere.  I just thunk it up.  And don't choke me while I'm on Christmas vacation.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports interim coach Gregg Williams isn't considered "anything close" to a frontrunner for the Browns' full-time job.

This isn't a surprise — Williams was never more than a placeholder. The Browns have had a second half turnaround under OC Freddie Kitchens, but there's no mandate to keep Kitchens or Williams under the new coaching staff. Williams won't struggle to resurface in another defensive coordinator role this offseason.

hope this not true i get bad feeling we are gonna go after gase or mcdanial

25 minutes ago, beare said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports interim coach Gregg Williams isn't considered "anything close" to a frontrunner for the Browns' full-time job.

This isn't a surprise — Williams was never more than a placeholder. The Browns have had a second half turnaround under OC Freddie Kitchens, but there's no mandate to keep Kitchens or Williams under the new coaching staff. Williams won't struggle to resurface in another defensive coordinator role this offseason.

You watch those guys? Birds of a feather. 

21 minutes ago, darren15 said:

And once again, not one person that is associated with the team says anything. This is just one mans opinion. A stupid one at that. Green Bay has been talking to people and yet Dorsey has this pretty much on the back burner as he said he would. Tomorrow will let us know. Dorsey seems like a very good judge of talent and character. 

11 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Lincoln Riley coaching is losing to saben.  A failed nfl coach.

As I said before the game, the little fraud 12 (can't even get the real number right) is not used to defense. Game was really over @ 28-0. And a shortstop (which is what he should be) pumped a little life with his legs, not the arm which is not NFL level. Just say no to Lincoln. Has no idea how to run an NFL level defense and has had a passer and a runner to score for him behind some talent in the OL.

On 12/28/2018 at 7:30 PM, flyingfooldoug said:

According to the PD and all the others. Blake is DC with input from Gregg as Freddy is OC with input from Gregg. Williams is an experienced head coach and shows it

That's the same way I've understood it. He's been on a learning curve where less and less input from his father is required. It almost feels like yesterday when Blake was an All State player from Western NY.   He was an absolute stud on both sides of the ball with leadership qualities and instincts destined to make him an ideal football coach... And here we are - what it is man....

I don't know about anyone else but I'd HATE to see them put all the progress, chemistry and continuity building here up in smoke with Lincoln Riley or even the Bruce Arians who had to leave coaching because stress wasn't good for his heart disease.  Regardless of what happens today - to knee jerk Gregg Williams out of town is going to piss off A LOT of players that stayed the course because of him.   Hard to underestimate.  Right now - we've become a recruiting attraction for veteran FAs.  When they talk to the guys that LOVE to play for Gregg Williams - that will help to close the deal on some important signings for next season.

McCarthy did a nice job developing Rodgers many moons ago. That said, nobody has more Rookie of the Week honors than Baker this year.  Kitchens is doing a great job especially knowing he isn't being micro-managed or receiving a complete lack of trust from Williams.  Some will say why not make Kitchens the HC?    First, how LONG has he even been an OC here?  Second, how often do Coordinators ace their first HC opportunity inclusive of Belicheck here (only 1 winning season in 5 years, but 0-3 vrs Pitt in that 1 season).  If that's not a good example, Romeo Crennel, Lindy Infante, Wade Wilson, and Norv Turner didn't ace any of their HC opportunities (but were excellent Coordinators for more than 1 team).

Again, why hurry to change what just finally pleased our fan base and restored faith in a lot of fans that never thought it would be possible again?  As much as I love a lot of things Dorsey has done here - we're 1 bad move away from feeling like we're in check mate again. No FREAKIN thanks!  And I don't feel like saying FREAKIN if you know what I mean...

If we get rathoused today - you never read this...

11 hours ago, beare said:

I hear ya!  And Nurse Ratchid can't be a day over 75 if we really want to get all Titanic.   Moral of the story, it's nice to see the GLACIER so you can tap all that promise...

"Browns: Even after the surging second half of the season, Browns interim coach Gregg Williams isn't considered a front-runner or anything close for the full-time job. He will, however, receive an interview. Cleveland is expected to cast a wide net and has no mandate to keep both coordinators, despite their success. Either way, Freddie Kitchens has earned the right to be a coordinator somewhere. Among those expected to be considered or inquired about are McCarthy, Iowa State coach Matt Campbell, Patriots de facto defensive coordinator Brian Flores and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, and Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus."

😡

wSS

Love that article. So, seasons not even over yet, not one interview has been conducted, but we already know who the frontrunner is? 

Only way this is true is if leaked from 3g's agent. And even in that case, anyone really think Dorsey is naive enough to say this to 3g before seasons end? 

Rapaport been slipping lately

Dorsey wouldn't be doing his job properly if he wasn't casting the net far and wide. We have a 2-3 year window coming up with numerous players on their rookie contracts, including the most important one of all. This allows us to bring in quality players on contracts elsewhere. We are so close.

Gregg will get his interview and his chance to tell them why he is the man to oversee this crucial time, and so he should, but interviewing others is also the right thing to do.

This hire MUST be got right.

9 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Dorsey wouldn't be doing his job properly if he wasn't casting the net far and wide. We have a 2-3 year window coming up with numerous players on their rookie contracts, including the most important one of all. This allows us to bring in quality players on contracts elsewhere. We are so close.

Gregg will get his interview and his chance to tell them why he is the man to oversee this crucial time, and so he should, but interviewing others is also the right thing to do.

This hire MUST be got right.

You’re not wrong. But I sort of think Williams is gonna be The Man come tomorrow. If you listen to GW, he’s already been talking like he’s gonna be named. Then some of the local reporters have stated that too. Even today’s T Pluto article points that out. This is the quickest turnaround in team history and I have to believe one of the more historic turnarounds in league history. Gregg, Blake and Freddie should be around awhile

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

"Browns: Even after the surging second half of the season, Browns interim coach Gregg Williams isn't considered a front-runner or anything close for the full-time job. He will, however, receive an interview. Cleveland is expected to cast a wide net and has no mandate to keep both coordinators, despite their success. Either way, Freddie Kitchens has earned the right to be a coordinator somewhere. Among those expected to be considered or inquired about are McCarthy, Iowa State coach Matt Campbell, Patriots de facto defensive coordinator Brian Flores and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels, and Colts defensive coordinator Matt Eberflus."

😡

wSS

Saw that too, and right below that article was another talking about keeping Williams and the coaching staff. To me, it's all speculation just to have a story out there. Their all just digging for a bone. When I see the presser on Monday, then, and only then will we have some sort of idea what direction the Browns are headed in.

On 12/30/2018 at 7:07 AM, darren15 said:

I don't have big problem with GW being out.  He did an excellent job going 5-3 after Hue left.  But we should look at what we really have here.  Kitchens did wonders with the offence.  Our D was pretty much dead last in most categories.  When Williams came in, I really liked his passion and commitment to our D and thought it would be the staple of our team.  As time went on, other teams figured out the D and his schemes.  Dorsey should keep Kitchens as our OC and hire a new (respectable) HC that will draw the kind of players we need (in FA), especially on D.  This team isn't far off and the HC will prove to be the key to our success.  

On 12/26/2018 at 3:26 PM, mohican said:

because there is thought in some quarters that Kitchens stock is rising very quickly, and even if he's OC, he could be interviewed and hired as a head coach in the future. 

If you want to keep Kitchens, perhaps at the expense of Greg Williams, then the thinking goes to hire him as HC.   This especially appeals to the people that want an offensive minded head coach. 

Well, I wasn't far off, huh? 

18 minutes ago, mohican said:

Well, I wasn't far off, huh? 

Here, have your cookie. 

Archived