THE BROWNS BOARD

We Need To Keep Lamar Jackson In The Pocket

nickers

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

You know, its funny that your 1st statement is you dont want to talk trash, then that is what ya did. Arent the same team, we are better, knock chip off shoulder, etc.

If you wanted to talk, dont say you dont want to and then do it. 

I didnt think I was talking trash, again I was stating facts. The Ravens on paper are better than the Browns. That isnt talking trash. But I also said that no one knows what will happen tomorrow....that's why we play the game. What did I say that wasn't a fact?  I dont think I was bragging, I was debating with another poster. To back up my position I used facts. Is that talking smack?

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

we switched 1 player at LT since we played last & Baker will have the ball out in under 2.5 seconds..since than, Baker has not been touched.Mayfield is better than Lamar is all that matters at this point. Chargers play 16 road games. Rivers played his worst game we both have ever seen him play with ravens.. 180 yrds.4 sacks 2 picks..As Maholmes did with T.Hill & TE Kelsey. Bake will use the same position guys to attack with Landry & Njoku that pressed your secondary last match-up. we got gashed by the run with chargers..but since, a far better run defense has played well starting at Denver. credit, you have a solid front 7.. but your corners & 1 good safety can't cover the whole field that Bake & Maholmes are seeing..     

Everything you say I agree with.....but what you missed is how the Ravens D line has been playing lately. That is what has made the Ravens so much better. With the D line playing better it makes the secondary that much better. The corners have played extremely well the last couple games. The weakest link is Weddle. The guy is two steps slow. He makes up a step with his experience.....but still at least one step to the play all the time. Weddle has been hidden because of the exceptional play of everyone else on that defense. You want to beat the Ravens? Get Mosley one on one....he cant cover if his life depended on it. What the Ravens did to the Chargers is play man to man. held them up at the line of scrimmage. That 2.4 seconds getting the ball out? Doesn't happen. If he lets the route develop the D line is in his face. The Ravens are ranked #1 for a reason. Thanks for talking football BTW......

The Ravens run a ground control game, they keep the offense....their defense off the field. The offense scores just enough for the defense to pin their ears back and get after it. Jackson is going to give you a turn over.......that is a guarantee. The Browns MUST take advantage of it. Get a short field the Browns better score. Dont try and trade field goals.....the Ravens have arguably one of the best kickers in football....The Browns need to score TD's. This is a good test for Mayfield, this has a "playoff" feel and he is playing the best defense in the NFL. If he performs it is a great way to end the season. On the other hand, how will he respond to the moment? The ravens are going to get to him.....no doubt about it. They are going to smack him in the mouth.....how will he respond? I am as interested as you guys are in seeing it.

56 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

I get it.....I really do. I cant look at a horse shoe with out thinking of the colts. If you want to know pain? Just see how the Colt's history is treated. As if the team had always resided in Indianapolis. 

And to me, I grew up with the Baltimore Colts as well. Johnny U, Mackey, Matte, Parker......The NFL didn't safeguard its roots.

Part of me will never ket go of those roots and those times.

6 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

A.) Weddle has been hidden because of the exceptional play of everyone else on that defense.Hidden? the bearded bastard makes a cool million if ya get in.. B.)You want to beat the Ravens? Get Mosley one on one....he cant cover if his life depended on it. (hope he matches up with Duke Johnson, We've been waiting to see more Duke game touches)  C.) What the Ravens did to the Chargers is play man to man. held them up at the line of scrimmage. That 2.4 seconds getting the ball out? Doesn't happen. If he lets the route develop the D line is in his face.(your not seeing the Bake like we do. the ball is out seeing single coverage or a safe cushion to his only multi covered target. Balls are out on the anticipated spot before Higgins even breaks or turns his head.)   The Ravens are ranked #1 for a reason.(but your offense scares noone) 

Red^^ We know how Baker responses to pressure..How bout Lamar??  see ya, sunday bloody sunday 

7 hours ago, Ballsohard said:

OK everyone just for the sake of transparency I am a Ravens fan. Yes, I live here in Purple and Black territory. I didnt come here to talk smack or to have you talk smack to me....you can if you would like but dont expect me to converse. The reason I am here is to have some fun a back and forth with Browns fans. Thought I could give you guys some insight. WHat I have seen here was many of you talking about how you might stop Lamar Jackson. Very few talk about Baltimore's D. Some have but not many,  that is going to be the Browns biggest problem. WHat you guys dont understand is that Baltimore has no problem winning the game 9-3. It's a very fast defense, they swarm to the ball. They tackle very well. They are playing their best football of the season. This Ravens team is not the same team you guys saw earlier in the year. They went to over time with KC and manhandled the Chargers. Does Cleveland have a punchers chance? Absolutely......but Mayfeild has not seen a defense like this.......That huge chip on his shoulder? It's getting knocked off this SUnday.

If the ravens are so awfully great then why are they only nine and six. 

3 hours ago, Ballsohard said:

Not sure what the truth is, I am sure there is another side of the story. But the story here is that Art had no choice.....He asked for another stadium and the city basically told him to go fuck himself. That te city paid for Jacobs and the R&R HOF and told Art No. Art was on the expansion committee and saw what a sweetheart deal Baltimore was offerring the NFL expansion committee. After the NFL went to Jacksonville and Carolina Art took the deal. Art was broke ass, he needed money. He took the deal, for him and his family it set them up for life. He came away with hundreds of millions of dollars and than sold the team with zero debt and made hundreds of million more.

Since the team came back the Browns have had bad ownership, bad GM and bad coaching. Cleveland has had more first round picks in the time they have returned than any other team. Yet have been just flat out bad year after year. Now you guys have turned the corner....Finally getting a franchise QB. Got a great running back in Chubb and you just maybe have finally found a coach.

Go fuck your feckless self on what you think you know about the history of the Browns move. everything you said is practically incorrect. only one or two small factoids might be accurate But I don’t have the inclination to now educate you 20+ years later

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Go fuck your feckless self on what you think you know about the history of the Browns move. everything you said is practically incorrect. only one or two small factoids might be accurate But I don’t have the inclination to now educate you 20+ years later

I get it.....I really do. I cant look at a horse shoe with out thinking of the colts. If you want to know pain? Just see how the Colt's history is treated. As if the team had always resided in Indianapolis. 

And to me, I grew up with the Baltimore Colts as well. Johnny U, Mackey, Matte, Parker......

.but what you missed is how the Ravens D line has been playing lately. 

Brown OL had given up 7 pressures, of which 3 are sacks the last 4 games iirc. Watt and clowny didn't get anywhere near baker.  Just saying it's not a given theres consistent pressure, but then I'm not sure you want bakers passing numbers under pressure...kinda gaudy

I'm excited simply to see how he performs against a decent defense. Gives us a chance to gauge his growth. 

6 hours ago, choco said:

Brown OL had given up 7 pressures, of which 3 are sacks the last 4 games iirc. Watt and clowny didn't get anywhere near baker.  Just saying it's not a given theres consistent pressure, but then I'm not sure you want bakers passing numbers under pressure...kinda gaudy

I'm excited simply to see how he performs against a decent defense. Gives us a chance to gauge his growth. 

Yeah, that is where the Browns will win the game.....in the trenches. If they can control the line of scrimmage the Ravens will have trouble. Thank you for........just talking football.

9 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Red^^ We know how Baker responses to pressure..How bout Lamar??  see ya, sunday bloody sunday 

You are correct the offense doesnt scare anyone......other than their running game is ranked #1. The Browns are ranked 14 over all and the Ravens are not much better at 12. What does scare everyone about the Ravens offense? Ball control. They also lead the league there. Its hard to score if your offense isnt on the field. If this was a game under the same circumstances in the middle of the season I would be extremely worried. But this game is for all the marbles. Motivation is a power thing.....but....any given Sunday....right?  That's why they play the game.

20 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

Couldnt I ask the same thing about the Browns? It is funny almost a similar situation. But somehow I don't think you care to talk football.

No.. You just care to ignore facts.. We have our record based in part on the failures of Our last Head Coach. and the replacement was savvy enough to adapt around the talent on the field.. In My honest opinion.. I think both your defense and the QB's on your roster are all fraudulent.. You lucked out and you caught LA The chargers on an off day... You know the term "Any given Sunday".. Any team is susceptible of winning and/or losing.. Your ratbirds havent arrived yet.. I''lll take Bakers accuracy and intelligence over Jacksons athleticism any day of the week.. there are no old running QB's in the NFL...The defenses as far as I'm concerned are a wash....I'm certainly not saying the Browns have arrived either.. But I would take Garrett and Mayfield over anything you guys have on your roster.. May the best team win!

Edit: Bear in mind.. Baker lives for games like this.. Don't be shocked to see him break a couple of records today.. He's that fucking dan6erouse! The Browns aren't as easy an out as you portend them to be... Rope-a-dope is a scary weapon...

59 minutes ago, nickers said:

No.. You just care to ignore facts.. We have our record based in part on the failures of Our last Head Coach. and the replacement was savvy enough to adapt around the talent on the field.. In My honest opinion.. I think both your defense and the QB's on your roster are all fraudulent.. You lucked out and you caught LA The chargers on an off day... You know the term "Any given Sunday".. Any team is susceptible of winning and/or losing.. Your ratbirds havent arrived yet.. I''lll take Bakers accuracy and intelligence of Jacksons athleticism any day of the week.. there are no old running QB's in the NFL...The defenses as far as I'm concerned are a wash....I'm certainly saying the Browns have arrived either.. But I would take Garrett and Mayfield over anything you guys have on your roster.. May the best team win!

I am not ignoring any facts, Mayfield is the #1 pick for a reason. The guy is a beast. You made my point......"adapt around the talent on the field" that is exactly what Baltimore did with Jackson. Flacco got hurt and the Ravens changed their entire offense. Defense fraudulent? You dont rank  #1 most of the year and not be the real thing but OK I understand you like your guys.....you should. I am with you on the longevity of Jackson. If I am the Ravens I would be looking for another QB. I am not the worlds biggest Flacco fan. He makes 15 mil a year and I just dont see it. Jackson is one play away from concussion protocol. BUT for this season, this one ride? I will take it. The Ravens are built for this time of year. You may be right.....they may have caught lightening in a bottle. That is fine with me. Take me to the promised land and we will worry about next year.....next year. I am sure you dont follow the Ravens. They didnt just "catch the chargers on a bad day" They were one play away from beating the Chiefs as well. But as we said today is the day! 

3 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

I am not ignoring any facts, Mayfield is the #1 pick for a reason. The guy is a beast. You made my point......"adapt around the talent on the field" that is exactly what Baltimore did with Jackson. Flacco got hurt and the Ravens changed their entire offense. Defense fraudulent? You dont rank  #1 most of the year and not be the real thing but OK I understand you like your guys.....you should. I am with you on the longevity of Jackson. If I am the Ravens I would be looking for another QB. I am not the worlds biggest Flacco fan. He makes 15 mil a year and I just dont see it. Jackson is one play away from concussion protocol. BUT for this season, this one ride? I will take it. The Ravens are built for this time of year. You may be right.....they may have caught lightening in a bottle. That is fine with me. Take me to the promised land and we will worry about next year.....next year. I am sure you dont follow the Ravens. They didnt just "catch the chargers on a bad day" They were one play away from beating the Chiefs as well. But as we said today is the day! 

No.. you lucked out.. 9 out of 10x's the Chargers would kick your ever lovin mother fuckin asses.. They're that fucking good.. They had an off day.. you can pull the wool over your eyes all you like.. Even if you do make it to the playoffs.. It's likely your one and done... Woulda,coulda,shouldas dont amount to victories...

1 hour ago, nickers said:

No.. you lucked out.. 9 out of 10x's the Chargers would kick your ever lovin mother fuckin asses.. They're that fucking good.. They had an off day.. you can pull the wool over your eyes all you like.. Even if you do make it to the playoffs.. It's likely your one and done... Woulda,coulda,shouldas dont amount to victories...

The good news is if the Ravens win today, chances are the Ravens will play the Chargers in the first round and then we will see.....right? I agree you either win or you lose.....oh and I guess you can tie. Lucked out? I thought there were no woulda, shoulda coulda's? You either win or lose? We beat the Chargers soundly, they scored one TD on a short field off a turn over. Other than that a field goal. They never even sniffed the goal line. Did you watch the game? Oh and the Browns? Who have they beat? Your wins all come from sub-500 teams. But the Browns have finally got a QB and are bouncing back. They should be contenders in the AFC North for years to come. I am sure they will beat the Ravens plenty in the coming years......but just not today.

17 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

The good news is if the Ravens win today, chances are the Ravens will play the Chargers in the first round and then we will see.....right? I agree you either win or you lose.....oh and I guess you can tie. Lucked out? I thought there were no woulda, shoulda coulda's? You either win or lose? We beat the Chargers soundly, they scored one TD on a short field off a turn over. Other than that a field goal. They never even sniffed the goal line. Did you watch the game? Oh and the Browns? Who have they beat? Your wins all come from sub-500 teams. But the Browns have finally got a QB and are bouncing back. They should be contenders in the AFC North for years to come. I am sure they will beat the Ravens plenty in the coming years......but just not today.

The good news is how you prove raisin fans to lack any usable brain cells

1 hour ago, nickers said:

No.. You just care to ignore facts.. We have our record based in part on the failures of Our last Head Coach. and the replacement was savvy enough to adapt around the talent on the field.. In My honest opinion.. I think both your defense and the QB's on your roster are all fraudulent.. You lucked out and you caught LA The chargers on an off day... You know the term "Any given Sunday".. Any team is susceptible of winning and/or losing.. Your ratbirds havent arrived yet.. I''lll take Bakers accuracy and intelligence over Jacksons athleticism any day of the week.. there are no old running QB's in the NFL...The defenses as far as I'm concerned are a wash....I'm certainly not saying the Browns have arrived either.. But I would take Garrett and Mayfield over anything you guys have on your roster.. May the best team win!

Edit: Bear in mind.. Baker lives for games like this.. Don't be shocked to see him break a couple of records today.. He's that fucking dan6erouse! The Browns aren't as easy an out as you portend them to be... Rope-a-dope is a scary weapon...

Break records? Against the #1 defense....at home? Sorry I would be absolutely stunned.

I never said the Browns will be an "easy out". I just have a lot of confidence coming in to this game. Why shouldn't I? I think the Browns can absolutely win this game. I have outlined some of the ways they could win.....like dominating the line of scrimmage. That is where this game will be won and lost. If the Ravens O line handles the Browns and the Ravens get their running game going and control the clock....thus keeping Mayfield off the field the Browns will be in for a long day. If the Browns can protect Mayfield they have an excellent chance. The Ravens havn't proved they can come from behind to win a game. Yeah, Jackson had that one throw against the Chargers but that isnt evidence of the Ravens having the ability to create a "comeback". If the Ravens play from in front most of the game the Ravens will win. The Browns need to get up on the Ravens and stay there. If the Browns are always playing from behind the Ravens will smell blood and it will only get harder as the game goes on. The Ravens CAN NOT let Mayfield get in to any rhythm. Mayfield is a good QB he is going to make some plays, the Ravens just have to limit many of those plays 

13 hours ago, Ballsonchin said:

Really? I never understood this. You got to keep the history....the colors.....the name. What did Cleveland actually lose? Yes a few years of football but Modell and the Browns wouldn't have had the same team as the 96 Ravens or any other Ravens. You could say 100% it would have been the same. Modell got a butt load of cash for coming to Baltimore. If you were in his shoes you may have as well. I actually know how you feel more than you think. My first name is John, I am named after John Unitas.....I swear on my mothers grave that is the absolute truth. I was born on a very significant day in John Unitas's career. The Baltimore Colts were ripped from this community and we do know how it feels. As far as what happened in Cleveland and Baltimore I think were two different scenarios.......the players always change......it is laundry we root for.....just jersey's. Cleveland was able to keep their jerseys.

Fuck You. Steve Everitt wasn't laundry. Eric Turner wasn't laundry. Earnest Byner wasn't laundry. They were Cleveland Browns. And they were proud to be Cleveland Browns.

We were coming off a playoff season when Modell sold his soul to your greedy, soulless  crackhouse of a city.

We had Belichick as coach, Saban as defensive coordinator, Ozzie picking the players and the best defense in the NFL ... No, that wouldn't have worked.

If you were a Colts fan and you adopted our Browns as your Ravens, you are a human piece of shit ... and It's not even up for debate.

10 hours ago, Ballsonchin said:

I didnt think I was talking trash, again I was stating facts. The Ravens on paper are better than the Browns. That isnt talking trash. But I also said that no one knows what will happen tomorrow....that's why we play the game. What did I say that wasn't a fact?  I dont think I was bragging, I was debating with another poster. To back up my position I used facts. Is that talking smack?

How can a football team being better on paper be a "fact"?

There is only one place to better and that is on the field. And we have already proven to be the better team once, and we will again today.

Those balls on your chin? Those are Baker's, son.

15 minutes ago, Ballsonchin said:

Break records? Against the #1 defense....at home? Sorry I would be absolutely stunned.

I never said the Browns will be an "easy out". I just have a lot of confidence coming in to this game. Why shouldn't I? I think the Browns can absolutely win this game. I have outlined some of the ways they could win.....like dominating the line of scrimmage. That is where this game will be won and lost. If the Ravens O line handles the Browns and the Ravens get their running game going and control the clock....thus keeping Mayfield off the field the Browns will be in for a long day. If the Browns can protect Mayfield they have an excellent chance. The Ravens havn't proved they can come from behind to win a game. Yeah, Jackson had that one throw against the Chargers but that isnt evidence of the Ravens having the ability to create a "comeback". If the Ravens play from in front most of the game the Ravens will win. The Browns need to get up on the Ravens and stay there. If the Browns are always playing from behind the Ravens will smell blood and it will only get harder as the game goes on. The Ravens CAN NOT let Mayfield get in to any rhythm. Mayfield is a good QB he is going to make some plays, the Ravens just have to limit many of those plays 

By all means stay DELUSIONAL!

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Fuck You. Steve Everitt wasn't laundry. Eric Turner wasn't laundry. Earnest Byner wasn't laundry. They were Cleveland Browns. And they were proud to be Cleveland Browns.

We were coming off a playoff season when Modell sold his soul to your greedy, soulless  crackhouse of a city.

We had Belichick as coach, Saban as defensive coordinator, Ozzie picking the players and the best defense in the NFL ... No, that wouldn't have worked.

If you were a Colts fan and you adopted our Browns as your Ravens, you are a human piece of shit ... and It's not even up for debate.

How can a football team being better on paper be a "fact"?

There is only one place to better and that is on the field. And we have already proven to be the better team once, and we will again today.

Those balls on your chin? Those are Baker's, son.

Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take?  I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.

BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!

"if the ravens..." ?

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/23/18088678/baker-mayfield-browns-qb-hue-jackson-fired

another ratbird fan I predict, that will flee discussions after they lose.

Tough game, sure.

But Baker and the Browns thrive on games like this.

The ratbirds - their only hope is Lamar running amok.

I don't think so.

Our Browns already beat the ratbirds at home this season.

and the ratbirds lost 34-23 to the hapless Bengals.

The Browns pummeled the bengals in both wins.

2 hours ago, Ballsonchin said:

Please, players are proud to be what ever team pays them the most money. I will agree with one thing....you have it a bit wrong. Baltimore isnt the "crack" capitol of the country but they are the heroin capitol thats for sure. It is laundry, players come and go. Unitas went and Played for the Chargers, Joe Montana went and played for the Chiefs. My point was that Cleveland was able to keep thier colors, thier history and thier name.....thier Jersey's. What exactly did Modell take?  I will agree with you about Ozzie, did you know he will not sign any Ravens gear? Only Browns gear.

BTW none of the players you mentioned was on the 2000 Championship team........none!

The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence 

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The shit that has been the Browns these last 20 years has been Modells legacy. You know. The guy that the NFL kicked out of the league for his incompetence 

"Kicked out of the league"? Modell had nothing to do with who the expansion team owners were. He had nothing to do with the HC's, GM's or missed first round picks that these awful owners hired. Modell's legacy in the NFL are many....some great....some not so much. Modell made a business decision, you may not have liked it but for him and his family it was the best decision he could have made. Again I still don't get the angst. You kept the team, just not the owner. Besides a few years of football what have you missed?  One last thing, I will say it right here....right now. Mayfield is a way better QB than Jackson hands down. But the Ravens are a better team......today.

Archived