THE BROWNS BOARD

We Need To Keep Lamar Jackson In The Pocket

nickers

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK everyone just for the sake of transparency I am a Ravens fan. Yes, I live here in Purple and Black territory. I didnt come here to talk smack or to have you talk smack to me....you can if you would like but dont expect me to converse. The reason I am here is to have some fun a back and forth with Browns fans. Thought I could give you guys some insight. WHat I have seen here was many of you talking about how you might stop Lamar Jackson. Very few talk about Baltimore's D. Some have but not many,  that is going to be the Browns biggest problem. WHat you guys dont understand is that Baltimore has no problem winning the game 9-3. It's a very fast defense, they swarm to the ball. They tackle very well. They are playing their best football of the season. This Ravens team is not the same team you guys saw earlier in the year. They went to over time with KC and manhandled the Chargers. Does Cleveland have a punchers chance? Absolutely......but Mayfeild has not seen a defense like this.......That huge chip on his shoulder? It's getting knocked off this SUnday.

42 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

OK everyone just for the sake of transparency I am a Ravens fan. Yes, I live here in Purple and Black territory. I didnt come here to talk smack or to have you talk smack to me....you can if you would like but dont expect me to converse. The reason I am here is to have some fun a back and forth with Browns fans. Thought I could give you guys some insight. WHat I have seen here was many of you talking about how you might stop Lamar Jackson. Very few talk about Baltimore's D. Some have but not many,  that is going to be the Browns biggest problem. WHat you guys dont understand is that Baltimore has no problem winning the game 9-3. It's a very fast defense, they swarm to the ball. They tackle very well. They are playing their best football of the season. This Ravens team is not the same team you guys saw earlier in the year. They went to over time with KC and manhandled the Chargers. Does Cleveland have a punchers chance? Absolutely......but Mayfeild has not seen a defense like this.......That huge chip on his shoulder? It's getting knocked off this SUnday.

Hey bro, it is really nice to see a rival's fan come in to talk sensibly about football. Some here just don't have the ability to enjoy friendly banter and see the good and bad in each other's team. You get it, you understand, enjoy the ride? Bravo for you.

So, to continue on with the gentlemanly conversation you initiated, I would like to throw my two sents in.

Fuck you. Fuck the Ravens. Fuck Joe Fucco, and Fuck your defense. YOU aren't the same team? Sure you are. You dickheads aren't going anywhere. Your defense blows. Your women blow and your stadium blows. Your history blows and so does your choking head coach.

Baker Mayfield will expose your defense for the shit pile it is. You homosexuals lost to the Bengals and struggled with them the second time. You lost to us when we were cursed with Hue Jackson.

My shit looks like your logo.

By the way, please visit again, soon

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Hey bro, it is really nice to see a rival's fan come in to talk sensibly about football. Some here just don't have the ability to enjoy friendly banter and see the good and bad in each other's team. You get it, you understand, enjoy the ride? Bravo for you.

So, to continue on with the gentlemanly conversation you initiated, I would like to throw my two sents in.

Fuck you. Fuck the Ravens. Fuck Joe Fucco, and Fuck your defense. YOU aren't the same team? Sure you are. You dickheads aren't going anywhere. Your defense blows. Your women blow and your stadium blows. Your history blows and so does your choking head coach.

Baker Mayfield will expose your defense for the shit pile it is. You homosexuals lost to the Bengals and struggled with them the second time. You lost to us what we were cursed with Hue Jackson.

My shit looks like your logo.

By the way, please visit again, soon

So let me get this straight....you don't like the Ravens?  At least you made me laugh. Nice job.

1 minute ago, Ballsohard said:

So let me get this straight....you don't like the Ravens?  At least you made me laugh. Nice job.

I'm glad to amuse you. I have no problem with you guys, bro. It's just football. Hats off to you for being able to wade through the humor. People get too worked up about this shit. This game, as you know, is the playoffs for us. We haven't had a lot to cheer about, ya know?

So, yeah, fuck you..... fuck me, too. Fuck all of us.

59 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

I'm glad to amuse you. I have no problem with you guys, bro. It's just football. Hats off to you for being able to wade through the humor. People get too worked up about this shit. This game, as you know, is the playoffs for us. We haven't had a lot to cheer about, ya know?

So, yeah, fuck you..... fuck me, too. Fuck all of us.

It's all good, like you said it isnt life and death. It's the same in every city, you have those who live and die with their teams. It's a game in the end and the players couldnt give a ratbirds ass about any of us. I have done this a few times ( going in to the hornets nest ). I love it. I like chatting with the other teams fans. I want to know what they think.....how they feel. With the history of these two teams I am extremely interested. I was in Cleveland this past August and thought it actually was a really nice city. 

3 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

And if you followed my posts you will see that I corrected that BEFORE you did.    HOWEVER....... in THREE SUPERBOWLS................. the run-first QB LOST ALL THREE...........with a lot of great players around him (Purple People Eater defense), AND PUT UP A WHOPPING 27 POINTS in THREE GAMES.

Fran Tarkenton was the Putney Swope of NFL QBs. He was a piece of shit.

Meh ok

3 hours ago, Ballsohard said:

but Mayfeild has not seen a defense like this......

Except when we played the chargers and Texans and the Steelers twice, you mean?

Baltimore's defense hasn't faced anyone with Mayfield's ability to both extend plays and throw with accuracy to any WR being covered by someone with their back turned. Well, aside from KC, who you also lost to.  Mahomes wasn't as good as Mayfield his first season..

2 hours ago, Ballsohard said:

It's all good, like you said it isnt life and death. It's the same in every city, you have those who live and die with their teams. It's a game in the end and the players couldnt give a ratbirds ass about any of us. I have done this a few times ( going in to the hornets nest ). I love it. I like chatting with the other teams fans. I want to know what they think.....how they feel. With the history of these two teams I am extremely interested. I was in Cleveland this past August and thought it actually was a really nice city. 

I have taken a lot of heat for saying the Ravens are the real Browns.  In reality, I just feel that there is indeed a historical connection.  I am the same way with the Bengals being Paul Browns team. I also don't hate the Steelers but 2x per year, as I have a lot of friends, family and my career connected to the area.

Football day I get nasty....in words, not deeds.

Modell is common to us both, and I consider him as part of my own football culture. I hate what happened, but people don't always do what we want. 

I am glad you guys love your team.

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

Except when we played the chargers and Texans and the Steelers twice, you mean?

There is only one #1.......Steelers and Texans are in the top ten I will give you that. I am telling you this defense is playing their best football right now. The steelers? Have you seen them lately? They have suffered a late season crash. They are hanging on life support. They lost to Oakland for goodness sake.

I havnt watched enough of the Texans to give an opinion. Do you really think this Ravens team is the same team you played the last time? If you do you will be surprised. 

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

I have taken a lot of heat for saying the Ravens are the real Browns.  In reality, I just feel that there is indeed a historical connection.  I am the same way with the Bengals being Paul Browns team. I also don't hate the Steelers but 2x per year, as I have a lot of friends, family and my career connected to the area.

Football day I get nasty....in words, not deeds.

Modell is common to us both, and I consider him as part of my own football culture. I hate what happened, but people don't always do what we want. 

I am glad you guys love your team.

Really? I never understood this. You got to keep the history....the colors.....the name. What did Cleveland actually lose? Yes a few years of football but Modell and the Browns wouldn't have had the same team as the 96 Ravens or any other Ravens. You could say 100% it would have been the same. Modell got a butt load of cash for coming to Baltimore. If you were in his shoes you may have as well. I actually know how you feel more than you think. My first name is John, I am named after John Unitas.....I swear on my mothers grave that is the absolute truth. I was born on a very significant day in John Unitas's career. The Baltimore Colts were ripped from this community and we do know how it feels. As far as what happened in Cleveland and Baltimore I think were two different scenarios.......the players always change......it is laundry we root for.....just jersey's. Cleveland was able to keep their jerseys.

52 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

There is only one #1.......Steelers and Texans are in the top ten I will give you that. I am telling you this defense is playing their best football right now. The steelers? Have you seen them lately? They have suffered a late season crash. They are hanging on life support. They lost to Oakland for goodness sake.

I havnt watched enough of the Texans to give an opinion. Do you really think this Ravens team is the same team you played the last time? If you do you will be surprised. 

It is the same team. Are they playing at a different level? Perhaps. Realistically neither you or anyone else gave us a shot at beating them the first time in Cleveland but we did. It is really quite simple, if we can contain Lamar we win. Without him running the ball you are lucky to score any points. 

By the way same question back at you, Do you think this is the same team you played earlier this year? the answer is HELL NO, better coached and kicking a$$

54 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

Really? I never understood this. You got to keep the history....the colors.....the name. What did Cleveland actually lose? Yes a few years of football but Modell and the Browns wouldn't have had the same team as the 96 Ravens or any other Ravens. You could say 100% it would have been the same. Modell got a butt load of cash for coming to Baltimore. If you were in his shoes you may have as well. I actually know how you feel more than you think. My first name is John, I am named after John Unitas.....I swear on my mothers grave that is the absolute truth. I was born on a very significant day in John Unitas's career. The Baltimore Colts were ripped from this community and we do know how it feels. As far as what happened in Cleveland and Baltimore I think were two different scenarios.......the players always change......it is laundry we root for.....just jersey's. Cleveland was able to keep their jerseys.

But the fan abuse ar t dished out on us still gets his grave rightly pissed on

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

It is the same team. Are they playing at a different level? Perhaps. Realistically neither you or anyone else gave us a shot at beating them the first time in Cleveland but we did. It is really quite simple, if we can contain Lamar we win. Without him running the ball you are lucky to score any points. 

By the way same question back at you, Do you think this is the same team you played earlier this year? the answer is HELL NO, better coached and kicking a$$

I agree the Browns are not. But the wins have come from sub 500 teams. The same certianally can not be said about the Ravens. You are right we can't predict what will truly happen tomorrow, that is why we play the game. The Ravens are playing at home, for the division title, the #4 seed and possible #2 seed, the entire season or go home.....a one and done scenario. Sorry I guess you can say I am partial, but statistically over all the Ravens are better. The defense is way better,  the coaching is better, These are facts not a opinion based on emotions. I say Good luck we will find out in about 24 hours.

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

But the fan abuse ar t dished out on us still gets his grave rightly pissed on

Not sure what the truth is, I am sure there is another side of the story. But the story here is that Art had no choice.....He asked for another stadium and the city basically told him to go fuck himself. That te city paid for Jacobs and the R&R HOF and told Art No. Art was on the expansion committee and saw what a sweetheart deal Baltimore was offerring the NFL expansion committee. After the NFL went to Jacksonville and Carolina Art took the deal. Art was broke ass, he needed money. He took the deal, for him and his family it set them up for life. He came away with hundreds of millions of dollars and than sold the team with zero debt and made hundreds of million more.

Since the team came back the Browns have had bad ownership, bad GM and bad coaching. Cleveland has had more first round picks in the time they have returned than any other team. Yet have been just flat out bad year after year. Now you guys have turned the corner....Finally getting a franchise QB. Got a great running back in Chubb and you just maybe have finally found a coach.

27 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

Not sure what the truth is, I am sure there is another side of the story. But the story here is that Art had no choice.....He asked for another stadium and the city basically told him to go fuck himself. That te city paid for Jacobs and the R&R HOF and told Art No. Art was on the expansion committee and saw what a sweetheart deal Baltimore was offerring the NFL expansion committee. After the NFL went to Jacksonville and Carolina Art took the deal. Art was broke ass, he needed money. He took the deal, for him and his family it set them up for life. He came away with hundreds of millions of dollars and than sold the team with zero debt and made hundreds of million more.

Since the team came back the Browns have had bad ownership, bad GM and bad coaching. Cleveland has had more first round picks in the time they have returned than any other team. Yet have been just flat out bad year after year. Now you guys have turned the corner....Finally getting a franchise QB. Got a great running back in Chubb and you just maybe have finally found a coach.

Not sure of the story and yet on google. Brilliant

19 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

but statistically over all the Ravens are better. The defense is way better,  the coaching is better, These are facts not a opinion based on emotions. 

KXqS.gif Baker already hung over 340 yards passing on your better..Andy Dalton has a fan club in Buffalo with the same chokes your putting on the field Sunday..No pressure here balls-homo.. just keep your chit droppings Off Our Lawn!!  

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

KXqS.gif Baker already hung over 340 yards passing on your better..Andy Dalton has a fan club in Buffalo with the same chokes your putting on the field Sunday..No pressure here balls-homo.. just keep your chit droppings Off Our Lawn!!  

340? It's not going to be the same game. Going to be hard to drop 340 if Mayfield isnt on the field. Ravens win with ball control and a defense that is quick and doesn't miss tackles. Cleveland Oline better be hitting on all cylinders or Mayfield will be seeing purple jerseys in his face all night. Three out of the last four QB's the Ravens have played......Matt Ryan.....Pat Maholmes and Phillip Rivers. Is Mayfield better than those guys? The Ravens went to over time with Maholmes. Held Rivers to a season low in Total passing yards. Season low in scoring. What makes the Browns so much better than the Chargers? Serious question, because that is what they would have to be. 

31 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

Good grief, you can find a link on Google that will tell you the world is flat. I dont put much stock in Google....but that's just me. Any position that anyone wants to take a link can be found to support it.

If you weren’t the byproduct of anal sex and have shit for brains, it’s very easy to find out the truth. Keep trying skippy

23 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

Good grief, you can find a link on Google that will tell you the world is flat. I dont put much stock in Google....but that's just me. Any position that anyone wants to take a link can be found to support it.

Balls, here is the deal, for me. It isn't just laundry for me, but clearly you are on point and the colors, name and records all count. Likewise, the camaraderie of friends and memories matters too.

But there are other factors that come in to play based on the individual.

From the time Modell rightfully fired Paul Brown, he was hated by a large part of the Browns comminity, INCLUDING the politicians.

Whatever kind of busoinessman he was, he owned the Browns and the city should have been much more connected to him than they were. They certainly enjoyed the $$$ he brought to town.

Slice it however you want, blame who you want, the Original Browns were severed and put into a centrifuge.

So people have the right to view the modern Browns however they want. For me? I love all the positive things I mentioned earlier....HOWEVER.....if you send a sample of the Ravens DNA for testing, it will show some Browns components on the ancestry.

I was here to live during that ancestry, so, my team, is a bit scattered about.

59 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Balls, here is the deal, for me. It isn't just laundry for me, but clearly you are on point and the colors, name and records all count. Likewise, the camaraderie of friends and memories matters too.

But there are other factors that come in to play based on the individual.

From the time Modell rightfully fired Paul Brown, he was hated by a large part of the Browns comminity, INCLUDING the politicians.

Whatever kind of busoinessman he was, he owned the Browns and the city should have been much more connected to him than they were. They certainly enjoyed the $$$ he brought to town.

Slice it however you want, blame who you want, the Original Browns were severed and put into a centrifuge.

So people have the right to view the modern Browns however they want. For me? I love all the positive things I mentioned earlier....HOWEVER.....if you send a sample of the Ravens DNA for testing, it will show some Browns components on the ancestry.

I was here to live during that ancestry, so, my team, is a bit scattered about.

I get it.....I really do. I cant look at a horse shoe with out thinking of the colts. If you want to know pain? Just see how the Colt's history is treated. As if the team had always resided in Indianapolis. 

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Drennan said that as soon as Ozzie retires......ratbirds and playoffs, nevermore

Who is Drennan? and why does it matter what he says? Baltimore loves Ozzie but Ozzie has had his misses as well. Has he ever drafted a WR that was worth a damn? Eric DeCosta has been with the Ravens for many years and has turned down a few GM jobs because he was the GM in waitng in Baltimore. He has been an important part of the Ravens front office on draft day. The Ravens will be fine.

1 minute ago, Ballsohard said:

Who is Drennan? and why does it matter what he says? Baltimore loves Ozzie but Ozzie has had his misses as well. Has he ever drafted a WR that was worth a damn? Eric DeCosta has been with the Ravens for many years and has turned down a few GM jobs because he was the GN in waitng in Baltimore. He has been an intrigle part of the Ravens front office on draft day. The Ravens will be fine.

Just proving a point

6 hours ago, Ballsohard said:

You know, its funny that your 1st statement is you dont want to talk trash, then that is what ya did. Arent the same team, we are better, knock chip off shoulder, etc.

If you wanted to talk, dont say you dont want to and then do it. 

8 minutes ago, Ballsohard said:

Cleveland Oline better be hitting on all cylinders or Mayfield will be seeing purple jerseys in his face all night. Three out of the last four QB's the Ravens have played......Matt Ryan.....Pat Maholmes and Phillip Rivers. Is Mayfield better than those guys? The Ravens went to over time with Maholmes. Held Rivers to a season low in Total passing yards. Season low in scoring. What makes the Browns so much better than the Chargers? Serious question, because that is what they would have to be. 

we switched 1 player at LT since we played last & Baker will have the ball out in under 2.5 seconds..since than, Baker has not been touched.Mayfield is better than Lamar is all that matters at this point. Chargers play 16 road games. Rivers played his worst game we both have ever seen him play with ravens.. 180 yrds.4 sacks 2 picks..As Maholmes did with T.Hill & TE Kelsey. Bake will use the same position guys to attack with Landry & Njoku that pressed your secondary last match-up. we got gashed by the run with chargers..but since, a far better run defense has played well starting at Denver. credit, you have a solid front 7.. but your corners & 1 good safety can't cover the whole field that Bake & Maholmes are seeing..     

Archived