THE BROWNS BOARD

We Need To Keep Lamar Jackson In The Pocket

nickers

Message to 3G.. Please put a spy on Black Tebow.. I want someone shadowing that Fraud of QB at all times... I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT GUY RUNNING ALL OVER OUR DEFENSE. Get it DONE Cleveland!!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, nickers said:

Message to 3G.. Please put a spy on Black Tebow.. I want someone shadowing that Fraud of QB at all times... I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT LITTLE MAGGOT RUNNING ALL OVER OUR DEFENSE. Get it DONE Cleveland!!

Lamar is fast enough to outrun the spy. They just need to rush 4 maybe 5 and bust Lamar in the mouth consistently. He isn't built to take a lot of hits and his accuracy isn't that great.

Rats favored by 6.

We give them 3 for home field, so that tells us what the betting public thinks of the Browns vs. the division leader.

It's a happy day to be a Browns-Steelers fan. Both games are at the same time, so there will be no waiting around for a result.

All Steelers fans are Browns fans this week, so enjoy what may be the largest American football fan-base in the world.

Interesting analysis video on the Ravens' offense. I think we can play spoiler and ruin their season if we manage to stop them, which as the video says doesn't seem to be impossible. 

9 hours ago, nickers said:

Message to 3G.. Please put a spy on Black Tebow.. I want someone shadowing that Fraud of QB at all times... I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT LITTLE MAGGOT RUNNING ALL OVER OUR DEFENSE. Get it DONE Cleveland!!

With this one, I think smash mouth D. Take away his options and hit him hard. Black Tebow? He does play a bit like Tim did. It’ll be interesting to see how Blake defends him. I just think you take away his best go to guy then go after the bounty. Lol

Lamar Jackson doesn't deserve your hatred.  When you call him a superpredator, that just makes you the idiot -- not him.

He's one of the first round-1 draft picks in the modern era to negotiate a deal without an agent --- because he didn't want to lose the extra 3% the agent wanted.. his mom did the negotiations.  And his mom will be doing his endorsement deals as well -- because the agent take on endorsements is more than 3.  That's a smart business decision -- not crazy or wild.

As well, adidas asked him during one of the UL - FSU games to wear Yeezy cleats... but he turned them down because he demanded his entire team be able to wear them.

Dislike him all you want, but he's a good guy.

3 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Lamar Jackson doesn't deserve your hatred.  When you call him a superpredator, that just makes you the idiot -- not him.

He's one of the first round-1 draft picks in the modern era to negotiate a deal without an agent --- because he didn't want to lose the extra 3% the agent wanted.. his mom did the negotiations.  And his mom will be doing his endorsement deals as well -- because the agent take on endorsements is more than 3.  That's a smart business decision -- not crazy or wild.

As well, adidas asked him during one of the UL - FSU games to wear Yeezy cleats... but he turned them down because he demanded his entire team be able to wear them.

Dislike him all you want, but he's a good guy.

I have no doubt hes a good guy but this coming week and 2 times  a year likely moving forward he is the enemy. Contain him, destroy him for the week. 

Relative to his Mom negotiating the contract and future endorsements I would say the jury is out on whether or not that is wise. I do not know anything about her so perhaps she is very business savvy. If she is not it will be like swimming in a pool of sharks. 

2 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

So, this Sunday the Browns decide who gets the north title. I’m hoping for the Ohio sweep. The raisins back in the playoffs damaged, stools sit. Coach says this is our playoff game. Maybe not quite but I’ll say some playoff type experience should come with this win. 

That would be fresh.  So, what would that make it:    Ratrapers  9-7;  Spermsuckers  8-7-1;  Browns 8-7-1; (B)itchy Pussies 7-9.  

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

Pep can hunt him. Only way lamar pulls him is if he gets a rolling start...if pep jumps first, he can catch lamar before he hits that final gear. The usdue is, he "has" to make the tackle when he gets there or the slippery kunt is gone

Probably the best way to handle  Jackson's ass is to keep him in the pocket.

To be honest, Lamar Jackson doesn't scare me. What scares me is the Ravens' defense. The Ravens haven't been winning shootouts, they've been winning because their defense is putting the squadoosh down on fools. 

9 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

To be honest, Lamar Jackson doesn't scare me. What scares me is the Ravens' defense. The Ravens haven't been winning shootouts, they've been winning because their defense is putting the squadoosh down on fools. 

Hopefully Baker takes a taste of Houston into the game. He’s a pretty quick student, learns by his mistakes and should be able to get a lead to protect with some ball control and D getting turnovers.. We win 17-13, easy peasy

18 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

True....which also means that the Browns defense has to step up.    First game between them was 12-9 in OT.  It would not surprise me if we have something similar.

23 hours ago, nickers said:

Message to 3G.. Please put a spy on Black Tebow.. I want someone shadowing that Fraud of QB at all times... I DO NOT WANT TO SEE THAT GUY RUNNING ALL OVER OUR DEFENSE. Get it DONE Cleveland!!

He is another Black Tarkenton. If he is forced to win with his arm, he won't. These kinds of QBs never do. Garrett will have a field day with this clown.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

We have gone away from black Tarkenton we are now onto black Tebow

Well, my term Black Tarkenton is not a racist slur, nor a hidden thought of what I think of black QBs. I loved Moon and McNair, and am impressed with Mahomes and Sam Arnold.

The term replies to a black kid who had his speed exploited in youth football, and was never taught like white kids are, to pass first.

14 hours ago, The Gipper said:

True....which also means that the Browns defense has to step up.    First game between them was 12-9 in OT.  It would not surprise me if we have something similar.

Man, I hope both of you guys are right.  We're going to need turnovers to win IMO, and we've had CHANCES lately, but we're not finishing the darn plays.  We dropped the easiest INT ever when two players kind of fought over it, we forced a fumble but didn't have anyone around to jump on it, and Myles Garrett continues to get the award for "almost had a sack".  Again, I'm not hating on Myles, but if the goal of the game was to get as CLOSE to the QB without actually bringing him down, he'd be the best of all time.  I've never in my life seen a guy "almost get a sack" so many times in one season, and if Myles thought that DRISKELL was hard to bring down, then he's in for a treat this Sunday.  Here's something else, and I could be wrong, so don't bite my head off, but going back to Texans game, I don't think we've recovered a single fumble that we've forced, and I can think of at least 5-6.  When you play a running QB, the chance of fumbles goes up exponentially, especially if they run pitch or option plays.  Additionally, Lamar is going to under-throw several passes, or over-throw a few, and we HAVE to snatch those.  No more dropped INT's!  (I'm talking to YOU Collins)

And you know what we REALLY NEED?  How about a freaking defensive or special teams touchdown?  How many teams in the league don't have one of those?  I know WE don't, but I wonder how many others don't either.  You would think that a team that did so well with turnovers would take at least ONE of them home, but you'd be wrong.  Let's break that streak during the last game of the year.  

Teams that play us practice for "almost get a sack" Garrett. They must get the ball out within 2.5 seconds or less. They all have a short passing gameplan and prefer it because of what can happen if they try going with longer timed patterns too often. Add Josh Allen of Ky. to the mix and this can get to be really fun to see who gets there first. Ogunjobi is getting better and better at it the more games he gets under his belt.

Archived