THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. Bengals Game Day Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Nope. Hueie blewis blew the Browns' chances to get to the playoffs. After he left, the Browns took off.

Addition by subtraction (including the former OC). Bakers' happy staredown is absolutely justified, and really funny.

I LOL'd, and so did my Wife. It was GREAT.

Cleveland Browns: Hue Jackson throws Baker Mayfield under bus

Nov 2, 2018 - Not even a week after being fired, Hue Jackson has already thrown countless members of the Cleveland Browns organization under the bus. The last target on his Blame Bus hit list is Baker Mayfield, as the former Browns coach attacked his rookie quarterback on ESPN’s First Take.

Those are old links.

56 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

You and I have no idea why Baker feels the way he does towards Hue. 

I get the feeling that #6 isn’t just acting for himself when he’s displaying his feelings towards Hue. 

It is deeply personal thats for sure. This isnt because hue sat him, something went down we're not being told

26 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

It is deeply personal thats for sure. This isnt because hue sat him, something went down we're not being told

Mayfield plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Some of his "chips" seem almost manufactured. 

3 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Let's look at how much Baker changes the culture. 96 hits him and half the team goes straight at that guy. 

Remember when Pitt hit Colt and basically killed him? You remember anyone going after Pitt?

That was for sure a late hit and should have been flagged. 

39 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Mayfield plays with a chip on his shoulder.

Some of his "chips" seem almost manufactured. 

He's our guy now. Take one of the big Browns flags from the cheerleaders and shove it up Hue's ass. Sorry Hubatross, you suck. 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Hue may have done something else we don't know, but he did enough that we did know about to deserve the icy reception. He threw players under the bus, he cost the team a chance at the playoffs by not playing Baker and he humiliated him in front of the nation by announcing that he "won" the backup job on Hard Knocks.

12 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

You and I have no idea why Baker feels the way he does towards Hue. 

I get the feeling that #6 isn’t just acting for himself when he’s displaying his feelings towards Hue. 

That's kind of what I was thinking. Something went down that we'll likely never know about, but at the same time, I kind of wish Baker would just let it go. But that's not his way, and our team could use a little attitude I guess! 

I tell you what, some of the throws Baker made yesterday were stunning. I saw a few times where the DB got up and couldn't believe the receiver caught it because the coverage was almost perfect. How about that sideline pass to Duke? Yeesh. Baker is amazing, and he's making everyone else elevate their game too. Receivers all over the field are making difficult catches, from Perriman, to Landry (duh), to Higgins, to Njoku, and even Fells. How the hell did Fells catch that TD? 

I'll probably do a "Good, Bad, and Ugly" thread later, so I won't go into much more detail, but there are two aspects of the game that really irritated me. Special teams for obvious reasons, and the other is not wrapping up the QB. I swear to God, I love Myles Garrett, but I've never seen ANYONE in my life ever "almost get a sack" so many freaking times. The guy should literally have 39 sacks this year, lol. 

Anyway, a fun game, a beautiful way to end a fun year at home, and I loved hearing the roar of the crowd every time we made a big play. I got to watch another Browns victory with my dad, and we just had a great time watching our creative offense and suffocating defense. 

Archived