THE BROWNS BOARD

who would be your choice?

beare

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I can't see a situation where Dorsey doesn't give Williams the job but he's kept as DC.

Wouldn't be really fair to the new head coach to have the guy (Williams) some of the players in the locker room wished was given the HC job still in the room. 

That makes sense. So let's hope he just leaves things where they are. Keep in mind that all the head coach candidates are doing something other than working as head coaches for a reason.

WSS

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

That makes sense. So let's hope he just leaves things where they are. Keep in mind that all the head coach candidates are doing something other than working as head coaches for a reason.

WSS

Don’t forget a large part of that reason is simply lack of job openings. The only concern with leaving it how it is today is potential to lose Kitchens if someone offers him the HC gig. 

This is a really interesting article. Obviously there is some conjecture placed into it, but it makes a lot of really good points. I'm not totally sold on the fact that Dorsey had no input on Williams becoming the interim HC. That seems like a stretch to say that DePodesta has THAT much influence over coaching personnel. I for one believe, if such was the case, Dorsey would have stepped down. He's a control freak, which is what got him in trouble in KC. I think in the end it comes down to Greg Williams. How long does he plan on coaching? Is he willing to mentor Kitchens as the future HC of this team? if so, does that put the browns in a position similar to what happened to Tampa and Lovie Smith & Dirk Koeter? All valid reasons for potentially bringing in some young gun such as Lincoln Riley. If that happens, how much of the staff does he keep and if Williams is on the staff, how much chaos does that bring? My only hope is that Jimmer has very little input. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/gregg-williams-right-browns-coach-baker-mayfield-024313965.html

5 hours ago, jcam222 said:

Don’t forget a large part of that reason is simply lack of job openings. The only concern with leaving it how it is today is potential to lose Kitchens if someone offers him the HC gig. 

That could happen no matter what we do. Probably Williams as well with his experience and current success.

WSS

6 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Yep, I was alluding to the fact it might be impossible to keep them both. They might both have HC opportunities 

Could be. I'd be surprised if somebody was bold enough to pick up Freddy after a half a season as OC but stranger things have happened. I wouldn't think coach Williams would be happy with a demotion. So give William the head coaching job and promote Freddy to assistant head coach in charge of the offense.

WSS

Lets thank williams for a job well done even if we lose sunday and go with a new HC.  We have an incredibly attractive opening and we can leverage that.  Bounty hunter, while a nice story(especially if he gets to 8-7-1) is not where we need to go with the opening we have.  As for OC and DC, a lot of it depends on the new HC.  Obviously it needs to be someone the HC wants and works well with.  

For me, I think McCarthy is the most qualified. Whoever Dorsey selects will be fine by me. I'm not jumping on the GW and Kitchens are the saviors. Good teams made them both look clueless. Against sub .500 teams they look like world beaters. Beat the hell out of Baltimore on Sunday and I could buy in.

56 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

For me, I think McCarthy is the most qualified. Whoever Dorsey selects will be fine by me. I'm not jumping on the GW and Kitchens are the saviors. Good teams made them both look clueless. Against sub .500 teams they look like world beaters. Beat the hell out of Baltimore on Sunday and I could buy in.

Speaking of buy in, the players have and that’s damn important. I stand by the fact these guys have made an amazing turn around and there is not need to start over yet again with a new playbook

Regardless of the raisins score, we have witnessed the greatest turnaround in Cleveland Browns history. Told to take charge, school the QB and win games, Greg Williams has done much more than most of us could have wildly imagined. How do you break that up? I mean really. Ariens? Ready to collapse. We got a good thing going here. And after learning much more about Williams ....keep him and the staff minus special teams coaching. They can do better there. 

The leagues Black Monday should sound like this in Cleveland 

Cha-Ching!!

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Watch the full Cincy game and try to tell Dorsey to break this up with new coaching. Just can't happen.

I really thought that game was a statement from Kitchens. That guy has a knack for manipulating formations, pre-snap motion and misdirection. I really don’t think the Bengals knew what was coming or where it was coming from for much of the game. 

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 8:42 AM, flyingfooldoug said:

Keep what you have. The kid is doing a fine job as DC. Haven’t you heard? Blake Williams is running the D with input from pop

Defense is dead last in the league. 

Archived