THE BROWNS BOARD

who would be your choice?

beare

My preference at this moment is to keep both. If it ain't broke don't fix it.  I love Freddie but a new head coach will more than likely want his own guy and if he doesn't get it could possibly undermine an oc foisted upon him. See Jackson, Hue.

Second choice is Bruce Arians and keep Williams and Kitchens.

Third choice? I will be pissed off if there is a Changing of the Guard and even more pissed off if it's Jimmy Haslam that puts his foot down and makes any hire over dorsey's head.

WSS

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

My preference at this moment is to keep both. If it ain't broke don't fix it.  I love Freddie but a new head coach will more than likely want his own guy and if he doesn't get it could possibly undermine an oc foisted upon him. See Jackson, Hue.

Second choice is Bruce Arians and keep Williams and Kitchens.

Third choice? I will be pissed off if there is a Changing of the Guard and even more pissed off if it's Jimmy Haslam that puts his foot down and makes any hire over dorsey's head.

WSS

I think and hope Jimmy learned his lessons with Johnny Football and  Huebatross to stay out of the way.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Prime Rib is my choice.   I will leave the choosing of the HC to the GM.     Honestly...that is the most fair response I can give.

Sylvestros in Painesville has some outstanding Prime Rib.. Well worth the trip...

This organization has been so screwed up for so long, I'm terrified that they are going to make coaching changes that will take us backwards, again. New HC...wants his own assistants...wants his own players....wants to run a different offense....wants to run a different defense, etc. If it were my decision, I would bring everyone back except the special teams coach. Williams : HC.... I would hate to lose all the progress this team has made in the last few months.

On 12/21/2018 at 11:19 AM, beare said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/browns-face-tough-coaching-decision-freddie-kitchens-gregg-williams-154906516.html

if it came down to williams or kitchens for head coach who would you choose? or do you have another choice who is it?

If it was up to me it'd be Arians as HC, Kitchens as AHC/OC (so he doesn't leave) and Bowles as DC. 

14 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I am expecting a new crew next year coaching.

Mike, I think that would clobber all the invested time and training that went into the drastic improvements finally making this fan base happy. 

Not only that, if you want to change Baker Mayfield's mind about Cleveland being RIGHT this place is for him - firing Kichens would do that.  The same would hold true for all the guys that love playing for Gregg Williams.

We FINALLY have a reason guys WANT to be in Cleveland as well as a recruiting attraction for FAs.   The best way to kill all that is to fire the entire coaching staff.   NO THANKS!

15 hours ago, LBC mike said:

I am expecting a new crew next year coaching.

Let’s hope you are wrong. It’s very obvious to me the impact coaching can have on a team. We went from crap to contender level play with only a change in coaching. We should have a full court press on retaining what’s working. With added talent and the current staff ( including current play installation) we are a 10 win team. New staff and we are a complete roll of the dice again. Screw the shiny new toy approach. 

I think they be crazy to change now however the problem is i think someone may offer kitchens a better offer. The problem with going a different route is if your wrong it sets the team back-it may tick of your star players and def will tick off the fanbase.

Gregg Williams has a plethora of coaching experience as both a defensive coordinator and head coach.

Freddie Kitchens has his first job running an offense, an offense that is VASTLY improved.

IMO, it is a no brainer to go with Williams and let Kitchens further his experience.  I do not see any team going after him based on 1/2 season running an offense.  Kitchens has a lot of tools on offense he can work with and establish a pedigree for success.  The best thing he could do is interview for the position, continue to build his offense, win this team a division title, and then see what is available.

Let us say he goes to Arizona.  They have a rotten offense with a vastly declining Larry Fitzgerald.  The tools he will be given are not as sharp as Cleveland and won't have the same successes he has had in Cleveland.

I'm all for keeping Williams but this prevent defense bullshit and Special Teams gaffs have too STOP!!.. It starts by firing Anus Jones...

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

Williams but I'm in the camp of new coaching staff next year

Why on the earth would you change something that is working so well? I am finally getting used to the feeling of winning on more Sundays than we lose. Williams and Kitchens took a floundering team and made us damn, make that DAMN good. It would be literally insane to change that. 

The team knows the D and O for god sake lets not do another install

32 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Why on the earth would you change something that is working so well? I am finally getting used to the feeling of winning on more Sundays than we lose. Williams and Kitchens took a floundering team and made us damn, make that DAMN good. It would be literally insane to change that. 

The team knows the D and O for god sake lets not do another install

I’m not sure I agree with the damn good part.  We’ve beaten one team with a winning record and that was in October.  Last year everyone wanted Williams fired for playing Peppers 30 yards off the line and now he’s the savior.  The Bengal team that was beaten today was missing their starting QB, both WRs, both TEs, WIL LB and DB.  KC, Texans and Pittsburgh best is easily. I think a good offensive mind will understand what Baker can and can’t do and a good defensive mind will understand our concepts.

I think it's up to Williams and his attitude in an interview.

Maybe he doesn't want the HC job. If he really does, and they don't offer it, he walks away. 

22 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I think it's up to Williams and his attitude in an interview.

Maybe he doesn't want the HC job. If he really does, and they don't offer it, he walks away. 

Pretty much.

He's either getting the head coach job or he's gone. There's no way they could keep him around, because that would make for an awkward locker room dynamic. 

22 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Pretty much.

He's either getting the head coach job or he's gone. There's no way they could keep him around, because that would make for an awkward locker room dynamic. 

Agree. Weird thing is he might actually not care about the prestige/money involved in being  a HC. 

Maybe he'd stay and make a modest pay raise as DC if offered it

11 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

Agree. Weird thing is he might actually not care about the prestige/money involved in being  a HC. 

Maybe he'd stay and make a modest pay raise as DC if offered it

I can't see a situation where Dorsey doesn't give Williams the job but he's kept as DC.

Wouldn't be really fair to the new head coach to have the guy (Williams) some of the players in the locker room wished was given the HC job still in the room. 

Archived