Jump to content
flyingfooldoug

Baker got his sellout

Recommended Posts

I think our QB wants a little noise downtown Sunday against those bengal lancers. 

He got his wish for the large crowd, now to let Huey know what we really think of him!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how he said it's not enough just to be there, he needs the crowd to be LOUD. Yes! Hey, if we're not going to the playoffs, let's at least have a playoff atmosphere, right? This team has fought hard all year, and it hasn't been easy. Not only that, but they've mostly played well at home (bad luck facing Bolts AND Chiefs in Cleveland). Baker put some pressure on himself and the team to play well by calling out the fans, but you get a sense he LIKES it and will respond. I'm beyond nervous about this game because the old Browns would almost certainly lose to a backup QB, but I need to remember that these aren't those same Browns! Can't wait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I love how he said it's not enough just to be there, he needs the crowd to be LOUD. Yes! Hey, if we're not going to the playoffs, let's at least have a playoff atmosphere, right? This team has fought hard all year, and it hasn't been easy. Not only that, but they've mostly played well at home (bad luck facing Bolts AND Chiefs in Cleveland). Baker put some pressure on himself and the team to play well by calling out the fans, but you get a sense he LIKES it and will respond. I'm beyond nervous about this game because the old Browns would almost certainly lose to a backup QB, but I need to remember that these aren't those same Browns! Can't wait. 

It’s gonna be fun. We’ve never had a good team and social media. In Bernie’s day, a cell phone was still in the future. Twitter was a bird noise and aol was new thought. Should be fun learning though. 

Is it true that Hue and Marv are homosexual lovers? I heard about some drone pics....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now ya just need the fans to show up for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Orion said:

Now ya just need the fans to show up for the game.

This week it’s announced as Sold Out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I applaud Baker cause he's reason number one why the  team is playing better. But it's amazing how loyal this fan base is and will be if we just are winning some dang games. Crazy right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

This week it’s announced as Sold Out. 

How cool is that!  WEEK 16 in the Land!

GO BROWNS, hot ticket, INDIANS still pitching and players, CADAVERS well 2 our of 3  :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It’s gonna be fun. We’ve never had a good team and social media. In Bernie’s day, a cell phone was still in the future. Twitter was a bird noise and aol was new thought. Should be fun learning though. 

Is it true that Hue and Marv are homosexual lovers? I heard about some drone pics....

I don't think that AOL even existed in Bernie's time here.  It may have existed, but only as a very esoteric user system for whatever internal company uses it may have been.  I don't think widespread PC use of AOL began until sometime early to mid 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

This week it’s announced as Sold Out. 

Now ya just need the fans to show up for the game.

...your turn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wonder if the bungals will have clueless on the sidelines this week and if so who will hand him a football ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think that AOL even existed in Bernie's time here.  It may have existed, but only as a very esoteric user system for whatever internal company uses it may have been.  I don't think widespread PC use of AOL began until sometime early to mid 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOL

95 to be exact.. My Brother bought one of the first Packard-Bell computers produced that year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, ATOM said:

wonder if the bungals will have clueless on the sidelines this week and if so who will hand him a football ?

I heard he needs new batteries for his light bulb

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think that AOL even existed in Bernie's time here.  It may have existed, but only as a very esoteric user system for whatever internal company uses it may have been.  I don't think widespread PC use of AOL began until sometime early to mid 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOL

It was a new thought. More like an idea, nothing but nerdvana. Rotary phones were still common. VCRs were all the rage ...  so 20th century. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orion said:

Now ya just need the fans to show up for the game.

...your turn

Sold at the gate means walk up type crowd.  Boisterous noisy and drunk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Orion said:

Now ya just need the fans to show up for the game.

Weather forecast not too bad for late December. Cloudy, 39 degrees, 20% chance of rain. No excuse to stay home if you bought tickets....   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Football is an angry violent game. If you play anything but pissed off, I don’t think you’re playing it right. “

Quote by Baker regarding meeting Huey again. 

Rocking the lakefront in December .... poor Huey, Lewis and mews(bengal lancers) won’t know what hits them.  Might get a few fines too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/21/2018 at 12:42 PM, Orion said:

Now ya just need the fans to show up for the game.

...your turn

Muni lots packed, rowdy crowd. Negativity just don’t work anymore 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andrew Gribble reporting that "there is some kind of energy" in the air today. Man I wish I was there! 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Andrew Gribble reporting that "there is some kind of energy" in the air today. Man I wish I was there! 

Talk about pent up energy. Wow, saying bye to Hue and so many years of ho hum teams and welcome home our new franchise QB.  Break out the dog biscuits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Muni lots packed, rowdy crowd. Negativity just don’t work anymore 

ha ha oh ya fucking A 

have a drink on me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Canton Mike is taking his oldest young grandson with him to this game. I HOPE it is going to be a blowout, as in, "remember the time the Browns started really winning as a TEAM when Hue-ie Losis came to town with the Bungles? What a HUGE WIN"

(that's a Huey Lewis (and the News) reference)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Canton Mike is taking his oldest young grandson with him to this game. I HOPE it is going to be a blowout, as in, "remember the time the Browns started really winning as a TEAM when Hue-ie Losis came to town with the Bungles? What a HUGE WIN"

(that's a Huey Lewis (and the News) reference)

Huey, Lewis and the mews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×