THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker got his sellout

flyingfooldoug

I love how he said it's not enough just to be there, he needs the crowd to be LOUD. Yes! Hey, if we're not going to the playoffs, let's at least have a playoff atmosphere, right? This team has fought hard all year, and it hasn't been easy. Not only that, but they've mostly played well at home (bad luck facing Bolts AND Chiefs in Cleveland). Baker put some pressure on himself and the team to play well by calling out the fans, but you get a sense he LIKES it and will respond. I'm beyond nervous about this game because the old Browns would almost certainly lose to a backup QB, but I need to remember that these aren't those same Browns! Can't wait. 

28 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I love how he said it's not enough just to be there, he needs the crowd to be LOUD. Yes! Hey, if we're not going to the playoffs, let's at least have a playoff atmosphere, right? This team has fought hard all year, and it hasn't been easy. Not only that, but they've mostly played well at home (bad luck facing Bolts AND Chiefs in Cleveland). Baker put some pressure on himself and the team to play well by calling out the fans, but you get a sense he LIKES it and will respond. I'm beyond nervous about this game because the old Browns would almost certainly lose to a backup QB, but I need to remember that these aren't those same Browns! Can't wait. 

It’s gonna be fun. We’ve never had a good team and social media. In Bernie’s day, a cell phone was still in the future. Twitter was a bird noise and aol was new thought. Should be fun learning though. 

Is it true that Hue and Marv are homosexual lovers? I heard about some drone pics....

59 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

This week it’s announced as Sold Out. 

How cool is that!  WEEK 16 in the Land!

GO BROWNS, hot ticket, INDIANS still pitching and players, CADAVERS well 2 our of 3  :huh:

5 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

It’s gonna be fun. We’ve never had a good team and social media. In Bernie’s day, a cell phone was still in the future. Twitter was a bird noise and aol was new thought. Should be fun learning though. 

Is it true that Hue and Marv are homosexual lovers? I heard about some drone pics....

I don't think that AOL even existed in Bernie's time here.  It may have existed, but only as a very esoteric user system for whatever internal company uses it may have been.  I don't think widespread PC use of AOL began until sometime early to mid 90s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AOL

22 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think that AOL even existed in Bernie's time here.  It may have existed, but only as a very esoteric user system for whatever internal company uses it may have been.  I don't think widespread PC use of AOL began until sometime early to mid 90s.

95 to be exact.. My Brother bought one of the first Packard-Bell computers produced that year.

57 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It was a new thought. More like an idea, nothing but nerdvana. Rotary phones were still common. VCRs were all the rage ...  so 20th century. Lol

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Now ya just need the fans to show up for the game.

Weather forecast not too bad for late December. Cloudy, 39 degrees, 20% chance of rain. No excuse to stay home if you bought tickets....   

“Football is an angry violent game. If you play anything but pissed off, I don’t think you’re playing it right. “

Quote by Baker regarding meeting Huey again. 

Rocking the lakefront in December .... poor Huey, Lewis and mews(bengal lancers) won’t know what hits them.  Might get a few fines too. 

Andrew Gribble reporting that "there is some kind of energy" in the air today. Man I wish I was there! 

Canton Mike is taking his oldest young grandson with him to this game. I HOPE it is going to be a blowout, as in, "remember the time the Browns started really winning as a TEAM when Hue-ie Losis came to town with the Bungles? What a HUGE WIN"

(that's a Huey Lewis (and the News) reference)

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Canton Mike is taking his oldest young grandson with him to this game. I HOPE it is going to be a blowout, as in, "remember the time the Browns started really winning as a TEAM when Hue-ie Losis came to town with the Bungles? What a HUGE WIN"

(that's a Huey Lewis (and the News) reference)

Huey, Lewis and the mews

Archived