THE BROWNS BOARD

PFF Info

MLD Woody

9 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Damn bro....I know some people don't buy all the way in with PFF, but no matter how you slice it, our offensive line is playing pretty dang good. I'd be shocked if we made any changes to the starting personnel. And the thing is, the more they play with each other, the better they can be together as a unit. Robinson and Hubbard aren't perfect, but they're really showing up each week and making strong cases. Zeitler is a massive beast, and he literally got a holding call because he blocked his guy so maliciously, the referee felt sorry for the defender and threw the flag. I mean, he literally planted him like a turnip. 

I have a couple beefs with PFF but one is their collective Oline rankings and how they're finalized.   I'm pretty sure a couple other posters on here as well have mentioned their ire with that particular category.

edit:  Put another notch up there for @Tour2ma's pre-draft Oline scouting.   Ali Marpet had a hell of a season. 

12 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Pro Bowl snubs - good to see Schwartz in there..

... and in place of Fischer, whose selection prompted my biggest nose wrinkle on the AFC side.

Also good to see them mention my old flame, Ali Marpet.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I have a couple beefs with PFF but one is their collective Oline rankings and how they're finalized.   I'm pretty sure a couple other posters on here as well have mentioned their ire with that particular category.

edit:  Put another notch up there for @Tour2ma's pre-draft Oline scouting.   Ali Marpet had a hell of a season. 

First, thanks...

Second... yeah... PFF's "sum of the parts" OL rating leaves some to be desired, but it's really hard to do an objective unit rating.

4 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

... and in place of Fischer, whose selection prompted my biggest nose wrinkle on the AFC side.

Also good to see them mention my old flame, Ali Marpet.

Or, how about The Schwartz?

First, thanks...

Second... yeah... PFF's "sum of the parts" OL rating leaves some to be desired, but it's really hard to do an objective unit rating.

Do they not do an individual rating...for OL?

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

That appears to be last year's grading.  But it shows him grading from above average to good.

Anything more recent?

Gip, that link is 2018 and is updated each week.  That number is different than last month - the last time I checked Tretter.. And note that he grades as the 9th highest NFL center.  It may only be average but that's because many "starting" centers are sieves..

Archived