THE BROWNS BOARD

Peter King on Baker and Kitchens

LondonBrown

This interview with Kitchens is impressive. Also interesting to note the commentary at about the 2 minute mark when he answers as to who made him the OC. Overall this guy sounds like a good head coach candidate to me. I would love to see him groomed by Arians for a year and let loose. 

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/freddie-kitchens-i-think-john-dorsey-is-one-of-the-best-in-the-business

12 hours ago, jcam222 said:

This interview with Kitchens is impressive. Also interesting to note the commentary at about the 2 minute mark when he answers as to who made him the OC. Overall this guy sounds like a good head coach candidate to me. I would love to see him groomed by Arians for a year and let loose. 

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/video/freddie-kitchens-i-think-john-dorsey-is-one-of-the-best-in-the-business

I really enjoy listening to both Williams AND Kitchens in their press conferences.  A good coordinator is often tethered to a good QB, and Freddie probably knows that he's got something with Baker, and the future could be very bright.  I also heard something interesting yesterday (I forget where, sorry), but the talking head on TV was essentially saying, "The way it's trending right now, Freddie Kitchens is going to be a head coach in the next 2-3 years, if not NEXT year.  He's 44 years-old, and when you look at the resume, you start to see just how viable a candidate he really is.  So if you're the Browns, the question is, 'Do we want to possibly GROOM Freddie Kitchens (as our OC) for the next couple of years just so he can go ELSEWHERE to be a head coach, or do we want to just roll the dice NOW and hire Kitchens as the head coach and keep him in Cleveland?'"

I hadn't really thought of it that way, but I guess it makes sense.  Or perhaps like you said, do we hire Arians on as the head coach, with Freddie Kitchens lined up as the successor?  Arians isn't getting younger, and his health isn't always the best.  Perhaps Arians wants one more shot at it, coaches for 3 more years, and then hands the keys over to Freddie?  I don't know, but I think I'd be perfectly cool with that approach.  The other question would be, what do you do with Gregg Williams?  I haven't been THRILLED with the defense this year, but we're scrappy and while we give up a bunch of yards, they've come through lately when we need them.  I also believe the players like working hard for Gregg.  Can you really have the current head coach go back to being the DC?  I just don't know.  

16 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I believe it was sold out or close to it last game as well, people just didnt show up. I was pretty surprised by the amount of empty seats based on the way the teams been playing. 

Was there for the Panthers game. Yup, plenty of empty seats in the 500 and Club levels. Never have been able to figure out why you'd spend $500 bucks on a pair of Club seats and not use them. The 100 level has been completely sold out for years. I'm in 111, and still way too many Panthers fans there a few weeks ago. Look for the number of opposing fans being able to buy Browns tickets on StubHub to shrink dramatically next year.

21 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Was there for the Panthers game. Yup, plenty of empty seats in the 500 and Club levels. Never have been able to figure out why you'd spend $500 bucks on a pair of Club seats and not use them. The 100 level has been completely sold out for years. I'm in 111, and still way too many Panthers fans there a few weeks ago. Look for the number of opposing fans being able to buy Browns tickets on StubHub to shrink dramatically next year.

1-15,   0-16,  3-13.....consistently does that.   It won't be that way again next year at all, I predict.

20 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

1-15,   0-16,  3-13.....consistently does that.   It won't be that way again next year at all, I predict.

I predict your right.

I’m smelling a hike in ticket prices next year.

Archived