THE BROWNS BOARD

Coach Williams

Zombo

On 12/18/2018 at 10:31 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

http://www.historynet.com/battle-of-little-bighorn-were-the-weapons-the-deciding-factor.htm 

The Army Ordnance Board had made the decision and ironically Major Reno, whose command was separated from Custer and survived, was on the selection board.

The Indians got theirs through capture from individuals or through unscrupulous traders.

A more recent example of fuckery from the Army Ordinance Board:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1981/06/m-16-a-bureaucratic-horror-story/545153/

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, domcucch1994 said:

I think its the perfect scenario..

Questions about his age and health have me a bit on the fence about him being the HC next year..

But to bring him into a situation where he doesn't have to have the stress of being "the guy", where he can lead in a different capacity. A more "advisory" sort of role, would be advantageous to him and to this team. IMO

I mean, I do hear what you're saying so I'm not suggesting it doesn't make sense. One big thing you gotta realize though is HC's in the NFL are a different breed. Most really don't want to be anything else but the lead dog once they get the whiff of success. Tons of coaches have talked about that over the years. Arians would easily be a HC somewhere if he didn't choose to "retire". I'm not sure if an assistant role would be enticing compared to taking one last run as the big dog.

See someone like Gruden to get what I'm trying to say.

5 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I mean, I do hear what you're saying so I'm not suggesting it doesn't make sense. One big thing you gotta realize though is HC's in the NFL are a different breed. Most really don't want to be anything else but the lead dog once they get the whiff of success. Tons of coaches have talked about that over the years. Arians would easily be a HC somewhere if he didn't choose to "retire". I'm not sure if an assistant role would be enticing compared to taking one last run as the big dog.

See someone like Gruden to get what I'm trying to say.

I don't know if you can compare Jon Gruden's ego to Bruce Arians..

Arians seems more like a guy who would work and listen to others..

Gruden is a one way fucker..

22 hours ago, domcucch1994 said:

I don't know if you can compare Jon Gruden's ego to Bruce Arians..

Arians seems more like a guy who would work and listen to others..

Gruden is a one way fucker..

Ditto Gruden. He's now got 100% control with McKenzie out of the way, and sink or swim, he's pulling down $100 million courtesy of Davis, probably only second to Belichick. Jon had better not replicate Cleveland's lousy drafting pre Dorsey with all those picks he collected, or Davis bought himself Fool's Gold.  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Ditto Gruden. He's now got 100% control with McKenzie out of the way, and sink or swim, he's pulling down $100 million courtesy of Davis, probably only second to Belichick. Jon had better not replicate Cleveland's lousy drafting pre Dorsey with all those picks he collected, or Davis bought himself Fool's Gold.  

So much for him (Gruden) being McKenzies "friend' supposedly...  LOL What greed does to some folks is amazing...

On 12/19/2018 at 2:19 PM, domcucch1994 said:

Because of his football IQ. I think he'd be an outstanding addition..

JT in his career, dropped back to block on 6,680 pass attempts, only allowed 30 sacks.. That's it!

imagine the technique he can teach someone like Corbett or Robinson.

No doubt Joe has the credentials, but does he have the personality for it? Can he be brutally honest enough?

Remember he worked with both Shon Coleman and Cam Irving, and endorsed both of their development.

Archived