THE BROWNS BOARD

Trade out of the 1st round next year and address our needs through FA...

Clevfan4life

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Omg ur Retarded, ansah just this year has 4 sacks in 6 games...ogbah has 3 in 12 games. Ansah has 48 career sacks, ogbah has 12 carreer sacks. Yes ansah has been in the league longer but he also has some seasons with 12 and 14 sacks. Go home. And u accused me of not looking shit up?

Fuck, i looked up the first FA list thst came up on google that didnt have lewans signing updated. Oooooo. You just completely blew it out ur crusty bhole calling ogbah better than ansah. Ogbahs been hurt too btw. Yeah, ansah has some injury issues but that could also mean we dont gave to overpay him. When he's healthy he's comparable to garrett. He had 16 sacks his first 2 seasons. Whats garrett have through 2, 19? So they're not far off. Garrett ofc will in all likelihood have the better carreer.....but pls check urself, ezekiel ansah would be a VAST upgrade at LDE over anything we have. 

Shit id try to get both him and hunt if possible, in Hunt we'd have a guy thats one of the strongest guys in the league and can play all over the line. Those 2 would be dmfar greater than any 2 DT/DE's we could pull out of this draft not named bosa or oliver

When you start calling names, you've already lost the argument pal. Obviously the discussion in this thread is going way over your head. So go pound salt. Ansah is on the last year of a contract that's paying him $17 million. So you think he's going to take less next year all of a sudden? Like hell. How do you know the Lions won't franchise him, making the bull shit you've been posting moot? "We" don't have to overpay him- and I'm damn happy Dorsey is calling the shots, not you.  Look no farther than the Rams who spent a ton of money on defensive talent- only to get beat Sunday night by the Eagles. And now they have very little cap wiggle room- and they'll have none when Goff comes off his rookie deal. 

I can tell you one thing- Dorsey isn't going to be using Google when it comes time to look at available free agents, LOL. And as to your back asswards trading out of the first round next year- that's what teams who have won a couple Super Bowls do. The Steelers never do. John hit the equivalent of a walk off Grand Slam in the 2018 draft, not only getting four starters- but starters playing at a high level, plus a darn nice situational player in Avery. So he has plenty of capital (with that extra third round pick) in 2019 to trade up a couple spots in the first, or trade down a couple spots. 

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, hoorta said:

the discussion in this thread is going way over your head. 

Quite a few good counterpoints unaddressed whilst jumping from fleeting point to fleeting point.

Particularly interesting that this started as "it's superb owl or bust time" kinda thread, devolved into "just a couple mid tier FA".  Being against the initial obj talks, I threw out a better 'win now' scenario which doesn't seem to jive....somehow.  now, that not trading out to acquire future assets, but a similar effect with no new rookie showing up to help, but instead that #1 wr to load the O.

Selective name chasing ... Dunno

1 hour ago, choco said:

Quite a few good counterpoints unaddressed whilst jumping from fleeting point to fleeting point.

Particularly interesting that this started as "it's superb owl or bust time" kinda thread, devolved into "just a couple mid tier FA".  Being against the initial obj talks, I threw out a better 'win now' scenario which doesn't seem to jive....somehow.  now, that not trading out to acquire future assets, but a similar effect with no new rookie showing up to help, but instead that #1 wr to load the O.

That’s some stream of conscousness  shit right there. My man

1 hour ago, choco said:

Not quite sure what you're getting at.   

I'm not averse to bringing in a few FAs- at the right price. Willing to bet unless you're a hard core Fantasy geek, they're going to be names you never (or barely) heard of.  Cap busting big name? The time for that isn't 2019. 

Assuming Eli comes back- and it's looking like he will- OBJ isn't going anywhere. It will be interesting to see where Dorsey thinks the weak spots on the team are. WR in the first? Depends on the offseason evaluation of Callaway and Perriman.  

With that, I'm shutting this thread down. The season's not over, the Browns have a shot at over .500, and MHO is it's WAY too early to even start thinking about the draft and free agents.  :)   

• hoorta locked this topic

Archived