THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Jabrill Peppers Appreciation Thread

MLD Woody

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think we needed to do an homage to a guy that came from a non-traditional football program  (Cornell)  instead of a football factory.

If Michigan was a factory it would produce Ford Pintos... 😝

I’m just hoping Peppers has another stellar game this week. I could give a rats ass where he went to school. He’s in the land now and he’s ours. I’m looking forward to him wasting some of those bengal lancers Sunday now that he’s catching up to the pro game and has some decent one direction coaching

I am thinking ahead a bit....to the Ravens game.

It seems to me that one strategy that may have to be deployed is to put a "spy" on  Lamar Jackson, because of his running ability...which you want to limit?   You want Jackson to try to beat you with his arm,  which is the weak part of his game, and not with his legs. 

Is it fair to say that the guy perhaps either most expendable...and well equipped to be that spy is Peppers?

22 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

"Most expendable player".... that we'd task with shutting down their most explosive player

But I'm not sure who'd we task with that. Technically, since Kindred and Pep can both start, it might be one of them. 

Expendable in the sense that needed least in coverage. ...and as in most suited for the job if he is going to play that hybrid LB position

Jabril would absolutely be our best bet at spying Jackson.

My big concern with that (and Woody is going to get upset thinking I'm taking a shot but I'm not) is I still remember JT Barrett outrunning (bad angle by Pep) him on a pivotal big gainer in the second half of the overtime game in Columbus in 2016. Jackson is way faster, more elusive, and a better runner than JT but typically Peppers has a nose for the ball and i think is taking better angles at this point in his career so I still say he's our best bet to slowing Lamar down.

19 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

My big concern with that (and Woody is going to get upset thinking I'm taking a shot but I'm not) is I still remember JT Barrett outrunning (bad angle by Pep) him on a pivotal big gainer in the second half of the overtime game in Columbus in 2016. Jackson is way faster, more elusive, and a better runner than JT but typically Peppers has a nose for the ball and i think is taking better angles at this point in his career so I still say he's our best bet to slowing Lamar down.

That was the exception, not the rule. Bad play by him at the time, but it was a rarity. 

I also have a feeling he was doing everything he could to compensate for our slow LBs at the time.

14 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Good idea but as the video below will remind us let's make sure we tackle Cincy first.

5 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

As he's been getting more plays on D they've been playing him less on special teams. 

And the missed assignment on the blocked punt isn't the reason I said that.  When I think of kick returners I want hands and speed.  Jalapeño has good hands but a bit more speed would be nice.

8 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

And the missed assignment on the blocked punt isn't the reason I said that.  When I think of kick returners I want hands and speed.  Jalapeño has good hands but a bit more speed would be nice.

I wouldn't expect Josh Cribbs to do much with our special teams blocking (...the coach). Sure he could be better, but we need a new coach 

14 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

do tell Romo, give us the breakdown......dicks up for diehards "expert" analysis

Driskel slipped out of a sack attempt

The TE got a TD but he had good coverage and it was a great throw and catch

Apparently he had a missed block on the punt block but it looked like 3+ guys came through 

39 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Driskel slipped out of a sack attempt

The TE got a TD but he had good coverage and it was a great throw and catch

Apparently he had a missed block on the punt block but it looked like 3+ guys came through 

1)not really a mistake since his pressure is what allowed jobi to clean up

2) didnt notice that was peps cover

3) he blocked one guy the other got through, not sure if he had blocked the onevthat did get through, the other woldnt have gitten it

Archived