THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Jabrill Peppers Appreciation Thread

MLD Woody

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Just to clarify things, is woody starting random jabril peppers threads every week? Or is he responding to the a surd often factually baseless threads and/or posts from rankled browns fans who wanted to use peppers as the whipping boy when the losses were coming every week? I know the answer to that question btw, i think its called rhetorical or some shit...

Please use the search feature and search for "peppers" and find all the negative comments (let alone threads created) by anyone not named Taco from preseason this year to now. This widespread 'hate" that you see is really non existent. Which is why this thread is stupid. Have we had official "any player" appreciation thread before this one? Plenty of other players have received more vitriol only to have a good to great game later and no one created a thread like this. It is just woody screaming for attention. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Please use the search feature and search for "peppers" and find all the negative comments (let alone threads created) by anyone not named Taco from preseason this year to now. This widespread 'hate" that you see is really non existent. Which is why this thread is stupid. Have we had official "any player" appreciation thread before this one? Plenty of other players have received more vitriol only to have a good to great game later and no one created a thread like this. It is just woody screaming for attention. 

Msybe one guy was starting the threads but be serious, alot of guys here piled it on....thsts not debateable

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Just to clarify things, is woody starting random jabril peppers threads every week? Or is he responding to the a surd often factually baseless threads and/or posts from rankled browns fans who wanted to use peppers as the whipping boy when the losses were coming every week? I know the answer to that question btw, i think its called rhetorical or some shit...

Hmmmmmmm

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

Maybe part of the reason I made the thread was other posters on here and some of the previous threads they've created and posts they've made. And without that, I wouldn't have bothered with a whole thread. 

I mean, I wasn't even the only person to make this thread...

But hey, Cleve and others get it

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Maybe part of the reason I made the thread was other posters on here and some of the previous threads they've created and posts they've made. And without that, I wouldn't have bothered with a whole thread. 

I mean, I wasn't even the only person to make this thread...

But hey, Cleve and others get it

How dare u point out that a michigan kid won us that game, how dare u

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

Msybe one guy was starting the threads but be serious, alot of guys here piled it on....thsts not debateable

Find them for me please. I did a search that yielded very little negative comments from anyone other than Taco. Maybe you'll turn up more or maybe all the piling on is you exaggerating.

7 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Find them for me please. I did a search that yielded very little negative comments from anyone other than Taco. Maybe you'll turn up more or maybe all the piling on is you exaggerating.

Man there's been a ton of shade towards Peppers since we've drafted him. From actually insults/criticisms to just a refusal to acknowledge when he plays well. 

It hasn't been everyone. I've never once said it was. But it isn't just 1 or 2 people. That's pretty apparent. If you don't see that by now I don't know if digging up old posts, and then continuing to argue, would change that. 

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Man there's been a ton of shade towards Peppers since we've drafted him. From actually insults/criticisms to just a refusal to acknowledge when he plays well. 

It hasn't been everyone. I've never once said it was. But it isn't just 1 or 2 people. That's pretty apparent. If you don't see that by now I don't know if digging up old posts, and then continuing to argue, would change that. 

Sorry in my earlier post I specified from preseason this year taught last week essentially. I did that search and I didn't find many yeah there were a lot of people that hate it on him last year because he was playing 50 yards away from the ball whether that's designed or not that's going to cause speculation as to why does he have to play so far back does he not take good angles and so on and so forth. The fact that PFF adumbrated through the first 14 games last year is a 45.5. Since you started playing better this year there hasn't been near the talk. Again this is all other than taco. We know he has an ax to grind. But outside of game posts when he misses a tackle or muffs a punt or Fair catches one when there's no one around him people aren't talking bad about peppers they may say damn it why do you fair catch that just the same as when Baker threw that interception Saturday night people said dammit Baker but an all-out attack on his game this year there hasn't been many if any outside of taco.

21 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I still think he needs a restraining order from you. 

I for one have said negative things about Jabrill. 

I even said he was here for 3 years...... Seems like 10

The guy has been a colossal flop as a returner

He finally made an impact in game 30 of his career. 

Not the impact a 1st round pick should be making

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

I for one have said negative things about Jabrill. 

I even said he was here for 3 years...... Seems like 10

The guy has been a colossal flop as a returner

He finally made an impact in game 30 of his career. 

Not the impact a 1st round pick should be making

Stuff like this basically.

Thanks. Right on cue 

Football fans oughta know some football, all im sayin. Plenty of knowledgeable bros here on how the game is played at diff positions, not just stat sheet guys. Its not that hard nor time consuming, there really is more going on down on the field than the center sbapping the ball to the qb. So many of u just park ur eyes on who has the ball....all of u have tivo, this isnt the 80's where u have to walk up to the betamax and hit rewind only to have the film cone off the spool. It just wouldnt hurt every now and then to watch where the ball "isnt" going cause sometimes thats where some pretty important shit is happening

I admit that I DEFINITELY said some negative things about Jabrill.  I was hard on him when he fumbled that ball in Tampa.  I was hard on him last year, although I recognized he was in the wrong position, but I still wanted to see SOME game-changing plays.  I wanted to see some explosive returns, big hits, caused fumbles, sacks, or whatever.  I didn't feel like I saw any of those things, and I also witnessed him taking atrocious angles and missing on tackles.  Fast forward to this year, and I was still a bit tough on him, but it was obvious that he was playing much better in his natural position.  He appeared to be playing "faster", and all of the sudden you were hearing his name come up more and more.  Not only that, but his punt returns started to get better, too.  Punt returns are so much of a combined effort, that it's not totally fair to blame it ALL on Peppers, and we all know our special teams as a unit isn't a thing of beauty.  Jabrill also had a fair catch in a close game where there wasn't a guy within a country MILE of him, and THAT really pizzed me off.  

But guess what?  He's starting to "feel it" now, and you can just tell by watching him play.  You know what impressed me the most about that sack to clinch the game?  The fact that Jabrill wasn't even supposed to go the route he took for the sack, and he was supposed to loop around.  If you slow the play down, you can almost see where he's about to go around, but immediately sees the opening and just HITS IT with terrific speed.  Even after the sack I didn't celebrate because I could JUST SEE a roughing the QB flag coming out because he landed on him or some crap, but he didn't (that would've been like the Brownsiest sht of ALL time, right?  AT Denver? lol).  Peppers actually crunched the QB, and then had the balance to brace himself with his arms and not hardly land on Keenum at all.  It was just awesome, and I won't lie...I kind of had a tear in my eye listening to Peppers after the game because he's worked so hard, he's been close to some big plays, he's been yelled at while shopping at CVS, and the guy worked his azz off and made some humongous plays to help us win the game.  You could just SEE the emotion in his eyes and hear it in his voice. 

Well done, young man.  

5 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

(that would've been like the Brownsiest sht of ALL time, right?)

Only if additionally he'd thrown his helmet off with time left on the clock... ;)

Bottom line for Peppers is that he's finally played a season in a role approaching that which made him a 1st round pick...

... and it just may be the start of something foundational.

30 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Only if additionally he'd thrown his helmet off with time left on the clock... ;)

LOL!!!

I remember that like it was yesterday.  First game of the season.  Just...wow.   🙂

Hey!! What happened to my JC Tretter Appreciation thread?   I know I said to get rid of the Charlie Frye thread, but not the JC thread.

I think we needed to do an homage to a guy that came from a non-traditional football program  (Cornell)  instead of a football factory.   And he sure had been doing a much steadier job for this team the last couple of years than Jabrill had been doing.  If a guy can spew his obsession all over this board for a guy that went to a school he was affiliated with,  can't the rest of us also get some love for some guys on this team who went to colleges that the rest of us have an affiliation with?  And JC is, after all, a current starter for this team.

Or, was that thread becoming too "marinated"  (as in, it was becoming all about Ed Marinaro, not JC Tretter)?

Archived