THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Jabrill Peppers Appreciation Thread

MLD Woody

7 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

You've got guys desperately trying to say it's only his play that matters... Nothing else

While other posters are straining just to say something neutral

Hahahahaha

Some of us know the truth

Both Gerbil and Njoku have been playing into their late 1st round draft status

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peppers had a great game. To the people saying one good game, how many safeties can you remember that created more than one play in a game that can be directly attributed to causing a win? It is rare that safeties are in that position. Peppers stepped up.

I know people here are OSU homers to their core and like giving Woody shit but Peppers is a Brown who just helped to propel them to their first win over the Broncos in almost 30 fucking years. Get excited, motherfuckers!

Go Browns!

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

There's only a handful of guys on the team that are good, consistent tacklers. 

thanks to Gregg Williams "take the wheels off the car" tackling low techs..Remember BB Calhoun's first season coming out of Minnesota? 4 solid tackles last night, none bigger than the WR sideline bubble pass that BBC straight out blew up..lot of good coaching techs, in that Gregg Williams coaching D' Tree..that was textbook from Williams best coachable student.. Calhoooonn!!     

8 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Why would anyone not like it? Jesus Christ you guys are fucking ridiculous. I stated in the other thread when he plays well people love him when he doesn't people will dislike him. That's like any other fan base and any other player in the NFL. If Denzel Ward (only mentioning him because of the idea where you go to college matters) starts getting torched a bunch or if he continues to get hurt a bunch people start complaining about him or if he continues to play well people continue to love him.

Great example many Ohio State fans hate Baker Mayfield for the flag plant in the Horseshoe last year. Have you heard any Ohio State fans saying they hate him this year? I'll let you in on a little secret the answer is no because he's been playing magnificently.

Who's announcing you're a HATER here - me or you?  

I wasn't even thinking of you until I saw your level of protest.  The aim of this thread bullseyed 1 very outspoken guy in here that is always posting Peppers sucks and encouraging others to join him racing to judgment that agrees with his predictions.  While doing so, he's purposely refusing to acknowledge Peppers was drafted to a team that wanted him to play a completely different position that had him lining up in Toronto every play. That really piece of cake'd the art of open field tackling in space and closing on the football,  Peppers closed his rookie season with impressive performances that last 2-3 weeks of the rookie learning curve that also lined him much closer to the ball (in the same area code as his teammates). 

Guess what came next in 2018?  A position change to SS and learning curve #2 in just his 2nd season.  All those rooting for predictions - were pumped that he wasn't ahead of Kindred early on in the year in their almighty quest for the told you so RATHER than bigger picturing the why/reality Kindred had 1 year of experience playing SS in Williams' Defense.  Yeah, why put the hate pom poms down with acknowledgement the 2nd learning has been much more accelerated than the first.  Another reason he's the chosen one to return punts is because he's not just the most experienced at it; but he's also the most reliable guy at catching/fielding punts in a Great Lakes winds/climate aside from all the highlights his skill set produced in the Big 10.  

BTW, there were enough Ohio State fans that didn't hate Baker for Ohio State's inability to stop Oklahoma on their own turf.  Why?  They understood Oklahoma got revenge on a team and/or fan base you think didn't do any trash talking after they beat Oklahoma at Oklahoma.  I didn't feel sorry for Oklahoma the year before or for why they had to listen to OSU fans reminding of it for the entire year in between.  Just win!   Right? 

These kids we drafted have had no control over this franchise's refusal to draft top prospects from Ohio State over the years up until we drafted Denzel Ward at #4 overall this year.  We've drafted Michigan players that made Pro Bowls for us like Safety Thom Darden and RB Leroy Hoard.  What's to hate about guys bringing a Pro Bowl effort?   Even Braylon Edwards made a Pro Bowl with 16 TD Receptions before he turned into Braylon Edwards-Scissorhands just a year or 2 later. 

11 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

thanks to Gregg Williams "take the wheels off the car" tackling low techs..Remember BB Calhoun's first season coming out of Minnesota? 4 solid tackles last night, none bigger than the WR sideline bubble pass that BBC straight out blew up..

That was a hell of a play. BBC can play too. There is lots of depth in the secondary.

7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Not a fan of Michigan by no means but I am a fan of the Browns and once a former Michigan player becomes a Brown he becomes my guy now and I want to see him do well. Good game Sgt. Peppers.

I like peppers, just like to dig on Michigan😈

Just now, tiamat63 said:

-Grown men shouldn't be using the word "haters".   

-Should merge this thread with Woody's.  

Since you're all about giving advice...  Grown men shouldn't be asking for thread merges every time reality disagrees with their premature conclusions. 

37 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

thanks to Gregg Williams "take the wheels off the car" tackling low techs..Remember BB Calhoun's first season coming out of Minnesota? 4 solid tackles last night, none bigger than the WR sideline bubble pass that BBC straight out blew up..lot of good coaching techs, in that Gregg Williams coaching D' Tree..that was textbook from Williams best coachable student.. Calhoooonn!!     

And there are some on here that don't want to resign BBC...

He's another DB swiss army knife that Williams loves

21 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Since you're all about giving advice...  Grown men shouldn't be asking for thread merges every time reality disagrees with their premature conclusions. 

Yeah, because that is exactly where I'm coming from :rolleyes:

I tend to like avoiding redundancy.  At this point that would include most every thread in the poli board and just about anything Cleve posts around 4pm on Sundays with exception of midnight on a Saturday.   Don't get me wrong, Peppers just had a career game and was a big part of this win.   But two separate threads for any player rehashing the same thing is... silly.   Trying to find good content like yours to respond to isn't helped with all the various threads we have on this board at times discussing the same things.

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Yeah, because that is exactly where I'm coming from :rolleyes:

I tend to like avoiding redundancy.  At this point that would include most every thread in the poli board and just about anything Cleve posts around 4pm on Sundays with exception of midnight on a Saturday.   Don't get me wrong, Peppers just had a career game and was a big part of this win.   But two separate threads for any player rehashing the same thing is... silly.   Trying to find good content like yours to respond to isn't helped with all the various threads we have on this board at times discussing the same things.

Good point and thanks T!

Peppers played one HELL of a game. I don't believe in dwelling on past history, especially with a Team as young as our Browns & A player like Peppers, whose position has changed a lot in his 1st 2 seasons. 

I applaud him (and thank him) for his play against Denver. We don't win without him last night. I believe he will be just FINE down the road & I am glad he's on OUR side.

Mike

4 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Damn good time to have a good game, don’t ya think?

You just completely nailed it. We needed someone to step up and make plays to win, and that's EXACTLY what happened. Couldn't be happier for him. 

I guess that even winning can not take the will to fight and argue about anything from Browns' fandom heart... 

I like it, lol. 

(Also because it is an argument after a good game by a player) 

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Y'all need to.understand he's been playing well for awhile. I know its hard to.sometimes pick him out cause of camera angles, and if the doofus announcing crews we often get...if they're not calling a players name u migjt think he didnt do anything. 

We have a lot on here that think a player can only be playing well if they make splash plays and put up big box score stats. That's the only way...  

So you get the "he finally had a good game" responses, just showing they have no idea what they're talking about 

Helluva a stat line this week... 6 solos... 2 TFL... 1 sack... 1 INT.

Best part of Pep's INT was the early read on where Case was throwing...

That said...

The result was aided by an underthown ball...

That said...

Had the ball been deeper, then I think Pep would have delivered a shot to the ribs that would either have dislodged the ball or forced Sutton OB.

Aside... another Browns' defender whose been bashed 'round here this season nearly matched Pep's line... Collins. He was a stonehands away from matching it.

13 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Helluva a stat line this week... 6 solos... 2 TFL... 1 sack... 1 INT.

Best part of Pep's INT was the early read on where Case was throwing...

That said...

The result was aided by an underthown ball...

That said...

Had the ball been deeper, then I think Pep would have delivered a shot to the ribs that would either have dislodged the ball or forced Sutton OB.

Aside... another Browns' defender whose been bashed 'round here this season nearly matched Pep's line... Collins. He was a stonehands away from matching it.

And everyone in the tavern was still ragging on Collins the entire game last night. The only explanation must be how much browns fans hate southern Mississippi and all players from there.

Archived