THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Jabrill Peppers Appreciation Thread

MLD Woody

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While at the Philly draft..Most Browns fans there, were very excited about the Peppers pick..Teams fans below us picking were not so excited..improving draft picks are a rarity in this place..I like what Williams has done using Pep this season. Having dependable corners can't hurt  

Just now, gumby73 said:

While at the Philly draft..Most Browns fans there, were very excited about the Peppers pick..Teams fans below us picking were not so excited..improving draft picks are a rarity in this place..I like what Williams has done using Pep this season. Having dependable corners can't hurt  

Where did carrie come from, dude is stud

26 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You've got guys desperately trying to say it's only his play that matters... Nothing else

While other posters are straining just to say something neutral

Hahahahaha

Some of us know the truth

Woody, don't let homerism get in the way. Peppers had an outstanding game. The int and sack freaking won it for the Browns. But the guys ragging on him for sub par play up to this point-have a point. Took damn near two entire seasons to see what we drafted him for.   

17 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Can't be true browns fans hate him because where he went to school. No way they were excited at the draft when we picked him.

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Can't be true browns fans hate him because where he went to school. No way they were excited at the draft when we picked him.

were you at the philly draft? Browns fans were happy with pick. Other teams were not. as i posted. that college jersey comes off draft night..Denzel Wards too..

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Oh hey, you still don't get it. Cool 

Go browns

Oh hey, no I still don't get the fact that fans of a pro team hate a player their team drafts because he went to college at a school they don't like. I guess i just operate under the assumption that where they went to school doesn't matter. Either they play well and add something to the team i cheer for or they play poorly and detract from the team I cheer for and i judge them based on that.

Go Browns

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

were you at the philly draft? Browns fans were happy with pick. Other teams were not. as i posted. that college jersey comes off draft night..Denzel Wards too..

I was being sarcastic, sorry for no pink font. I was poking fun at the idea fans are predisposed to liking or hating a player because of where they went to school like some on here think.

Jabril Peppers is the reincarnation of Clay Matthews. He is one wild, crazy, wide open bastard. He can outright play, he can change the complexion of a game. This guy loves the Browns...... God Bless us all....we have returned to the NFL in a big way. Whatever happens in the next 2 weeks, this will be a good Christmas for Browns fans. ALIVE in December.

Did I mention, Fuck Denver, and Fuck Elway?

28 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Woody, don't let homerism get in the way. Peppers had an outstanding game. The int and sack freaking won it for the Browns. But the guys ragging on him for sub par play up to this point-have a point. Took damn near two entire seasons to see what we drafted him for.   

Precisely

51 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Glad he did good, but he needs consistency.  

Actually this year we have seen several defenders come into their own in the much faster NFL. And don't forget that guy we got from GB--Randal has been a stabilizing influence on the entire defensive effort. Peppers has learned a lot from him.

EDIT: And we need to find a way to trade up for KYs other Josh Allen. That kind of player will unleash Garrett. Can't stop 'em both. Go watch his game against Florida this year.

3 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Actually this year we have seen several defenders come into their own in the much faster NFL. And don't forget that guy we got from GB--Randal has been a stabilizing influence on the entire defensive effort. Peppers has learned a lot from him.

I'm sure he has learned something from him... But much more importantly Randall has allowed Pep to play closer to the LOS

8 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

He also didn't miss a tackle last night unlike nearly all the rest of the DB's

And now for his next issue.. consistency..

Honestly that's most games. There's only a handful of guys on the team that are good, consistent tacklers. 

Archived