THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns @ Broncos Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!   5-time NFL Rookie Of The Week Baker Mayfield will lead our 5-7-1 Cleveland Browns to their 6th win tonight, as they are in Denver to play the 6-7 Broncos for a special edition Saturday Night Football game for The NFL Network.

WOIO Channel 19 in Cleveland and the NFL Network will televise the game at 8:00 Eastern Standard Time.

Cleveland will try to end their 10 game  regular season losing streak over Denver, their last win overall, a 30-29 win back on October 8, 1990. Broncos though leads the series 23-5-0 in tonight's 29th meeting.

Cloudy skies at 51 degrees is forecast for the 8:20 PM Eastern Time kickoff  from Mile high Stadium.

NO injuries, seek your sixth win in the regular season in 2018, AND your  first win over the both your first win and at Denver for the first time in 28 years, and HERE WE GO CLEVELAND, HERE WE GO, WOOF!   WOOF!  BELIEVELAND!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately we won't have Denzel Ward, and his injury is further made noticeable by playing against a guy we could've drafted, Bradley Chubb, who somehow has 12 sacks after starting the season without any big plays or sacks through 3-4 games. We're totally excited about how Denzel has played, but I know many fans are now becoming nervous about Denzel's personal health and his availability. 

On paper, these two teams are pretty close, each having their own unique strengths and weaknesses, but neither totally having the advantage overall. As with many games, I see this contest coming down to turnovers. Our defense hasn't been taking the ball away recently like it was earlier, and I'd like for us to get back to that immediately. Keenum is more talented than people give him credit for, and he'll definitely take chances with small windows. We need to get our hands on some passes and then pick them off. Of course, first we have to MAKE them pass, and that won't be easy because their RB is extremely talented and he resembles (to me) Christian McCaffery, who gave us trouble last week. 

I think the really good news for us is that Keenum isn't terribly mobile, and they aren't going to have an answer for Myles Garrett. He could be a nightmare for them all day long, and look for Broncos to mitigate his immense talent by trying to throw short at first. Our tackling was NOT satisfactory last week, and that will have to improve if we're going to force punts and FG's. 

I'm hesitantly picking Browns to win, and that goes against every fiber of my superstitious being. After all, we're playing the freaking Broncos AT Denver. That doesn't exactly sound like confidence inspiring situation to any Browns fan older than 40 years old. We know we never beat the Broncos, lol. But this year feels different. And I want to believe that winning tonight will be another step in the right direction in eradicating our painful past and showing a little light on our exciting future. 

In reply to Jiggins- the Browns and Broncos team stats are amazingly close in almost all categories.

I took the liberty of copying this from NFL.con nex gen stats...   

Browns at Broncos (8:20 p.m. ET); on Saturday

Key matchup: Can Nick Chubb continue his streak?

Since the Browns traded Carlos Hyde, rookie runner Nick Chubb has been one of the most valuable players in fantasy football. Since Week 7, Chubb is among the top-five running backs in carries (128), team share of rush attempts (78 percent), yards after contact (3.8), and PPR fantasy points per game (19.6; RB5). In this span, Chubb has finished as a top-20 fantasy scorer in 6-of-7 games and has compiled five top-12 (RB1) weeks.

Chubb has been on an incredible, league-winning pace. However, he faces his toughest test yet in Week 15.

Over their last six games, Denver has committed eight or more defenders in the box on 33 percent of their rush attempts, the highest rate in the NFL per Next Gen Stats. The Broncos' insistence on loading the box has, unsurprisingly, mitigated opposing rushing offenses. In this span, Denver has allowed the fifth-fewest yards per carry (3.5) while they are the only defense to not allow a rushing score to a running back. Meanwhile, Nick Chubb has recorded a rushing score in five-straight games and he's third in YPC (5.8) when facing eight or more defenders in the box. It's on.

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

In reply to Jiggins- the Browns and Broncos team stats are amazingly close in almost all categories.

I took the liberty of copying this from NFL.con nex gen stats...   

Browns at Broncos (8:20 p.m. ET); on Saturday

Key matchup: Can Nick Chubb continue his streak?

Since the Browns traded Carlos Hyde, rookie runner Nick Chubb has been one of the most valuable players in fantasy football. Since Week 7, Chubb is among the top-five running backs in carries (128), team share of rush attempts (78 percent), yards after contact (3.8), and PPR fantasy points per game (19.6; RB5). In this span, Chubb has finished as a top-20 fantasy scorer in 6-of-7 games and has compiled five top-12 (RB1) weeks.

Chubb has been on an incredible, league-winning pace. However, he faces his toughest test yet in Week 15.

Over their last six games, Denver has committed eight or more defenders in the box on 33 percent of their rush attempts, the highest rate in the NFL per Next Gen Stats. The Broncos' insistence on loading the box has, unsurprisingly, mitigated opposing rushing offenses. In this span, Denver has allowed the fifth-fewest yards per carry (3.5) while they are the only defense to not allow a rushing score to a running back. Meanwhile, Nick Chubb has recorded a rushing score in five-straight games and he's third in YPC (5.8) when facing eight or more defenders in the box. It's on.

good for them let's see how man coverage works out for them Baker should have a good day(and if they do go to a zone coverage expect to see chubb on screens and draws) on the other side who doe's keenum have to throw to ? no one thats who Browns win by at least 2 scores

3 minutes ago, ATOM said:

good for them let's see how man coverage works out for them Baker should have a good day(and if they do go to a zone coverage expect to see chubb on screens and draws) on the other side who doe's keenum have to throw to ? no one thats who Browns win by at least 2 scores

Last I checked Cleveland opened as a +4 road dog still around a +3 but they might be a tough team to hang a solid number on .

GO BROWNS +3 in primetime!

Just now, mjp28 said:

Last I checked Cleveland opened as a +4 road dog still around a +3 but they might be a tough team to hang a solid number on .

GO BROWNS +3 in primetime!

take that bet I do not have any confidence at all in denvers offense

2 minutes ago, ATOM said:

take that bet I do not have any confidence at all in denvers offense

I just checked they have dropped to a +2' road dog now....vegasinsider.com.  http://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1951179

Sportsbetting.ag Best Bet #2: Cleveland/Denver Over 45.5

With the season essentially being on the line for both sides here, the only way I can look at this game is going 'over' the number. There will be no holding anything back offensively from either side with those stakes, and I'm not sure either side – especially Cleveland – wants to really trust their defense to get the critical stops late to preserve a victory.

Trusting their defense is something more up the Broncos alley, as they've been one of the league's better units in terms of points allowed. Only the Jets and Chiefs have managed to score 30 or more against the Broncos, and surprisingly enough it was New York that put the most points up on this Denver team with 34.

Aside from that, Denver has held down some very good offenses (Rams to 23, Houston to 19, Chargers to 22, Pittsburgh to 17) as they've climbed back into the Wild Card picture. Yet, none of those games had Denver's (or their opponent's) season on the line and you've got to account for that in terms of extra aggression in the play-calling.

This total has already been bumped up a full point thanks to some early action, and I would venture a guess it could go even higher up until kick-off. Cleveland QB Baker Mayfield isn't going to reign things in at all during this game, especially if the Browns are playing from behind most of the time, and over-aggression can lead to points going the other way.

And while both teams have some of the best 'under' bets in recent weeks – Cleveland is on a 1-3 O/U run while Denver is on a 0-5-1 O/U run – it's felt like only a matter of time for both organizations that we get an 'over' to come in rather easily. I believe this will be that game for both, as neither offense will want to leave anything in the tank with the fate of their season on the line.

23 minutes ago, ATOM said:

good for them let's see how man coverage works out for them Baker should have a good day(and if they do go to a zone coverage expect to see chubb on screens and draws) on the other side who doe's keenum have to throw to ? no one that's who Browns win by at least 2 scores

:) Since you asked, the Broncos starting wrs are:  DaeSean Hamilton 12\108 yards, Courtland Sutton 30\572.   

The guy we need to worry about is their running back- Phillip Lindsay 168 carries, 967 yards, 5.76 average, and 9 TDs.   

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

:) Since you asked, the Broncos starting wrs are:  DaeSean Hamilton 12\108 yards, Courtland Sutton 30\572.   

The guy we need to worry about is their running back- Phillip Lindsay 168 carries, 967 yards, 5.76 average, and 9 TDs.   

agreed even with Ward out we should be able to play man coverage put 8 in the box and shut lindsey down it's no contest man Browns win big

3 hours ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

Hi, Browns fans!   5-time NFL Rookie Of The Year Baker Mayfield will lead our 5-7-1 Cleveland Browns to their 6th win tonight, as they are in Denver to play the 6-7 Broncos for a special edition Saturday Night Football game for The NFL Network.

WOIO Channel 19 in Cleveland and the NFL Network will televise the game at 8:00 Eastern Standard Time.

Cleveland will try to end their 10 game  regular season losing streak over Denver, their last win overall, a 30-29 win back on October 8, 1990. Browns though leads the series 23-5-0 in tonight's 29th meeting.

Cloudy skies at 51 degrees is forecast for the 8:20 PM Eastern Time.

NO injuries, seek your sixth win in the regular season in 2018, AND your  first win over the both your first win and at Denver for the first time in 28 years, and HERE WE GO CLEVELAND, HERE WE GO, WOOF!   WOOF!  BELIEVELAND!

Must have been half baked when typing this:  5 time rookie of the "year"?  That would be a neat trick.  (rookie of the week).   And it is the Broncos, not the Browns that lead the season series.

And certainly there are injuries:  Denzel Ward is going to be out.

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

the Browns and Broncos team stats are amazingly close in almost all categories.

Amazing close in every stat line..Good thing Walt Anderson's referee crew went to KC to spoil a Chiefs parade on TNF. Today the Browns vs. Denver game will have the newest crew working in the NFL in Clay Martin. Martin has 2 years as a umpire, 1st season as a head Referee. Clay Martin called our Ravens home win this season, but called 10 flags on us & 4 on them. Clay's crew also called the Houston at Denver game this season in Denver. Houston won the game, with 8 calls on Denver/7 on Houston. Even flags drawn in this match-up are close. We rank 6th most with 96, Denver 9th with 95..But Denver is in the top 5 in NFL, with only drawing 36 flags at Home* vs 59 flags on the road..Throwing the stats aside, Denver has only played 2 decent OL's in Pitts. & KC twice. Our OL has really found execution on play timing since Wylie & Kitchens. This game imo will be won in the trenches up front. Which front 7 tackles should win. Last week i got the wife's panthers. This week i get the wife's step-son, that lives across the street. That homo will show-up about gametime strutting over in his Denver Derek Wolfe jersey.."W00Fe, grab that broom Sunday morning, you'll need it sweeping out the family garage". start with a Chubb, than give Elway The Johnson.. Lets Go Browns!! 👨‍🍳..(listen, somebody needs to contact the emoji dude..We need a real Baker in full attire)       

15 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Amazing close in every stat line..Good thing Walt Anderson's referee crew went to KC to spoil a Chiefs parade on TNF. Today the Browns vs. Denver game will have the newest crew working in the NFL in Clay Martin. Martin has 2 years as a umpire, 1st season as a head Referee. Clay Martin called our Ravens home win this season, but called 10 flags on us & 4 on them. Clay's crew also called the Houston at Denver game this season in Denver. Houston won the game, with 8 calls on Denver/7 on Houston. Even flags drawn in this match-up are close. We rank 6th most with 96, Denver 9th with 95..But Denver is in the top 5 in NFL, with only drawing 36 flags at Home* vs 59 flags on the road..Throwing the stats aside, Denver has only played 2 decent OL's in Pitts. & KC twice. Our OL has really found execution on play timing since Wylie & Kitchens. This game imo will be won in the trenches up front. Which front 7 tackles should win. Last week i got the wife's panthers. This week i get the wife's step-son, that lives across the street. That homo will show-up about gametime strutting over in his Denver Derek Wolfe jersey.."W00Fe, grab that broom Sunday morning, you'll need it sweeping out the family garage". start with a Chubb, than give Elway The Johnson.. Lets Go Browns!! 👨‍🍳..(listen, somebody needs to contact the emoji dude..We need a real Baker in full attire)       

I digress in this thread- but the Chiefs sure have something to bitch about on the Chargers game winning TD. MHO that was a clear push off to get separation & wasn't called.   

35 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I digress in this thread- but the Chiefs sure have something to bitch about on the Chargers game winning TD. MHO that was a clear push off to get separation & wasn't called.   

Am tired of listening to these so called replay analyst guru's jump thru hoops to protect the rules written wrong or applied wrong :huh:. agree on the push that rarely gets called only when the game needs to stay close. but the one that got me was the penalty on one of the plays flagged just before. Queifs DB never grabs at WR's other arm. but gets called for forearm to forearm trapping other arm? Mike Peria either covered for the call or is this now something new?    

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Nope I looked at it it was just hand play some day goes on in every play practically 

15 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Am tired of listening to these so called replay analyst guru's jump thru hoops to protect the rules written wrong or applied wrong :huh:. agree on the push that rarely gets called only when the game needs to stay close. but the one that got me was the penalty on one of the plays flagged just before. Queifs DB never grabs at WR's other arm. but gets called for forearm to forearm trapping other arm? Mike Peria either covered for the call or is this now something new?    

It’s not something new it’s what we call pass interference. 

InActives==Browns-Stanton/D.Ward/Phillip Gaines/Corbett/D.Harrison/Chad Thomas/Chris Davis....Donk-hees==CB-Chris Harris/OLB-Shaq Barrett/OLB-Shane Ray/S-Su'a Cravens/CB-I.Yiadom/DE-Demarcus Walker-G-Nico Faiah...  Jets clock dude..run that clock!!

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I'll delete this before gametime cus who really cares..this is 3rd &10 4th qt. 13 sec.left... after this DPI, ball spots 1st & goal from 1...Say this is Denzel Ward..judges make the call 

watch from youtube at 13:40..gift wrapped than bowed with the push off..ruff* calls for a 12:30am ending   

Before that, Rivers got clocked in the helmet, no call. On the PI, could have said the ball wasn't catchable. + That was a for sure push off to get separation, no call. FIX.

That Ref Crew needs to be fired. Same guys that said Baker didn't get smeared in Tampa?  

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

That Ref Crew needs to be fired. Same guys that said Baker didn't get smeared in Tampa?  

no not In TB, Walt was the crew that got us in Oakland.Well they did fire Cruz off Walt's crew. but i was waiting on Phillip was a runner ;).I'll post in a few the TB crew.. Edit--How bout in TB... the kid of ED, Shawn Hochuli..💪 I listened to Ed Hochuli on nfl radio a few weeks ago. He's travelling in a RV with his wife helping autism speaks. Also a advisor to the nfl grading 1st season refs..How bout fix--ing your son first :)

Anyone catch the Jets/Texans? Darnold starting to look like the QB we thought he would be. Gave the Texans a run for the money and a dropped pass and a failure to cut inside the LB deep to snag the ball were both on the receivers. Darnold really getting as good as Baker now.

Archived