THE BROWNS BOARD

TRIBE gets Santana loses Encarnacion......more to come?

mjp28

TRIBE gets Santana loses Encarnacion......more to come? Yandy Diaz also gone.

Interesting read by Terry Pluto.  https://www.cleveland.com/tribe/2018/12/cleveland-indians-scribbles-carlos-santana-edwin-encarnacion-trade-saves-money-but-i-dont-like-losing-yandy-diaz-terry-pluto.html

11. That brings us to the second part of the deal. The Indians shipped Yandy Diaz and a Player to be Name Later to Tampa Bay for Jake Bauers, a 23-year-old outfielder/first baseman.

12. Bauers entered the 2018 season as the No. 45 prospect in all of baseball, according to Baseball America. In 184 games over two seasons in Class AAA, Bauers batted .268 (.781 OPS) with 18 HR and 87 RBI. He was playing at a high level at a very young age.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~▪

I can see letting Encarnacion go I think he has peaked, I do believe the Indians will make a few more interesting moves.

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- First baseman Yonder Alonso is on the move after one season with the Cleveland Indians.

According to reports that circulated late Friday, Alonso has been traded to the Chicago White Sox for outfielder Alex Call. Neither club has announced details of the deal. 

Word of the trade broke around 10 p.m. Friday night. Reaction on social media saw Indians fans resigned to the fact that Alonso needed to be moved after Indians executives traded for first baseman Carlos Santana and outfielder/first baseman Jake Bauers on Thursday.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

I like the trade, Yonder was ok and the TRIBE saves some money on the deal. The #WhiteSox are responsible for the entire $9 million left in Yonder Alonso’s contract

GO TRIBE 2019!

Archived