THE BROWNS BOARD

WALSH: Republicans Didn't Defund Planned Parenthood And Never Will. Here's Why.

OldBrownsFan

Sad but true...I will still vote R as the lesser of two evils but I have no illusions about them. The choice is between a party that supports abortion on demand vs a hypocritical cowardly party who claims the pro life mantle and likes using the issue to win votes and then does nothing about it when they have the opportunity. Not much of a choice to me and why I refuse to be called a republican any longer:

WALSH: Republicans Didn't Defund Planned Parenthood And Never Will. Here's Why.

On Monday, Justice Kavanaugh joined with Roberts and the (other) liberals on the bench to protect Planned Parenthood funding. Over the objections of Thomas, Alito, and Gorsuch, it was decided that the Supreme Court would not hear a case on whether states can defund the baby-killing conglomerate. Two lower court opinions, which require states to continue funding the abortion business, were left in place.

It's safe to say that the chances of overturning Roe v. Wade just took a steep dive, not that the chances were ever very good to begin with. If Kavanaugh won't hear a case about Planned Parenthood funding, it seems doubtful that he would want to hear a case challenging abortion rights. It is still too early to say for sure, but Republicans may have replaced Kennedy with another Kennedy, which would rank as one of the great missed opportunities in modern political history.

Republicans are quite adept at missing opportunities, especially when it comes to the abortion issue. After all, they just completed their two-year stint with full control over both chambers of Congress and the White House and they never did manage to defund Planned Parenthood. I say "didn't manage" but "never once even seriously tried" would be the better description. They had all the power and zero excuses, yet they still could not complete the simple and morally necessary act of severing a pipeline that pumps hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars into an institution that kills 330,000 humans a year. Republicans also failed to get the wall started, or repeal Obamacare, or balance the budget. Hey, at least they gave us those minor tax cuts.

But some good might come of this incredible failure. Hopefully it will be a moment of awakening for those confused conservatives who were still operating under the assumption that the GOP is a "pro-life party." It is no such thing. A pro-life party wouldn't need any encouragement to defund the abortion industry. It would get the job done on the first day and then it would move on to passing legislation that offers more direct protections to the unborn. The Republican Party, despite all the power it was given, did neither of those things.

Why? Well, it's always the same ingredients with Republicans: cowardice and dishonesty. They are cowards because they fear the tidal wave of impotent outrage that would come their way if they ever actually did anything pro-life. They are dishonest because, contrary to the unconvincing talking points they spew, they don't really want abortion banned or funding cut off. If they ever solved the problem, they wouldn't be able to use the problem in their campaign speeches. I do not know how most of them personally feel about abortion itself, but it's quite clear that they love the issue of abortion. They know that no matter how often they betray us, we will keep coming back, keep giving them our support, always with the desperate and pitiful hope that they will actually do something for a change.

I think it is time to abandon that hope.

walsh-republicans-didnt-defund-planned-parenthood-matt-walsh

well, several reps are cowards - they are fearful of the rabid left's aggression. they don't want the dem lefts' brownshirts frightening their families in their homes, they don't want strange women coming forward with terrible lies about them "after 30 years),

and they don't want the msm to start making them wish they worked in a bicycle shop instead of being in Congress.

nazi style intimidations.

14 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, several reps are cowards - they are fearful of the rabid left's aggression. they don't want the dem lefts' brownshirts frightening their families in their homes, they don't want strange women coming forward with terrible lies about them "after 30 years),

and they don't want the msm to start making them wish they worked in a bicycle shop instead of being in Congress.

nazi style intimidations.

That is true and you made another point which is also true. The republicans technically were in control of the senate with 51 republicans but in that 51 were McCain, Flake, Collins and Murkowsky who were true RINO's and the GOP with a slim majority could not afford to lose any. Not to mention in many votes in the senate it takes 60 votes and the republicans have to have democrat support or it will be filibustered. 

I understand that but I still see the dems fighting harder to keep funding of PP than republicans to de-fund it. That is a republican betrayal to a big part of their base.

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

only 330k abortions a year? No wonder traffic is getting worse and worse every year. Fuck it we need to give PP more money and we need to stop incentivizing women to.pump out babies in the first place. Either we need less pregnancies or moar abortions.....we cant properly feed ourselves as it is.

Abortion is easy as hell to get. They aren't squirting out babies because they can't get abortions.

http://yourabortionchoice.org/akron?gclid=Cj0KCQiAgMPgBRDDARIsAOh3uyKYrEbrHA-6jMu45J4P2gcHEUCiO0XjYyhpHck9YmPlpPBeYIE7qKwaAlc9EALw_wcB

WSS

"It’s disgusting enough to watch pro-abortionists speak about how killing a baby in the womb is somehow a boon to society, but watching others attempt to justify killing off their own child puts a really disturbing lens on it all.

In the following Ohio woman’s case, I feel as if she is suffering from the marked depression and regret scientists have discovered many women feel after their abortions, and she’s attempting to justify the killing of her child in any way she can. She’s trying to rest on the moral ground she’s been told she has by feminists, but something in her mind isn’t comfortable with it.

I feel equal amounts of pity for this woman as I do anger. I think she’s one of the millions of women who has been convinced that getting an abortion is not only okay, it’s moral. I think a part of this woman isn’t buying it, and so she’s crafted this disgusting story about her baby singing to her to help make sense of her own guilt.

I could be wrong, but the justification she uses is rather bizarre.

According to Life News, the woman was a speaker at the  “blessing” of Your Choice Healthcare, an abortion facility in Columbus, OH which included speakers and even clergy members who were called to bless the abortions.

This already sounds like the plot to a psychological horror movie.

The woman explained that as she was sitting on the table before the abortion she had a vision of the baby singing a lullaby to her that, interestingly enough, was a rip-off of a Beatles song.

Maybe that’s not true and she’s as much a true believer as the smug “preacher” women behind her, but in the end, I feel sorry for them too.

https://www.redstate.com/brandon_morse/2018/12/12/watch-woman-claims-baby-sang-lullaby-vision-just-aborting/

Archived