THE BROWNS BOARD

2018 D-1AA, D-II and D-III football playoff brackets

mjp28

D-1AA, D-II and D-III football playoffs, several Ohio teams right there! What playoffs should look like.

Screenshot_2018-12-11-18-31-21.png

Screenshot_2018-12-11-18-32-40.png

Screenshot_2018-12-11-18-33-33.png

WOW.....Northeast Ohio could bring home titles in both D-II and D-III     Go Ohio teams!!

Or...did they already play those games? The semifinals seem to have been played on Dec. 1.

But to be honest with you....the D-1AA..err FCS   bracket was too small to read.   Can you enlarge it somehow?

Mount Union makes Alabama's hot streak mild in comparison, unreal what they've done for decades now.

On blowing up the screen I do it with my fingers to make small text larger, I took a screenshot of the D1-AA where North Dakota State in Fargo, ND is king right now.

Screenshot_2018-12-12-13-14-04.png

The 2018 DIII football championship is ready to kick off Friday, Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. ET. Mount Union and Mary Hardin-Baylor will battle at the 2018 Stagg Bowl from Woodforest Stadium in Shenandoah, Texas.

MORE: Interactive bracket | Printable bracket | Buy championship tickets

Do not adjust your television. This is indeed a rematch of the 2017 Stagg Bowl when the Purple Raiders ended The Cru's attempt at back-to-back titles in shutout fashion. The two begin a new era of Stagg Bowl history with the first DIII football championship ever to be played in the state of Texas.

Here's what you need to know about both of these historic programs heading into Friday's matchup.

29 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

The 2018 DIII football championship is ready to kick off Friday, Dec. 14 at 7 p.m. ET. Mount Union and Mary Hardin-Baylor will battle at the 2018 Stagg Bowl from Woodforest Stadium in Shenandoah, Texas.

MORE: Interactive bracket | Printable bracket | Buy championship tickets

Do not adjust your television. This is indeed a rematch of the 2017 Stagg Bowl when the Purple Raiders ended The Cru's attempt at back-to-back titles in shutout fashion. The two begin a new era of Stagg Bowl history with the first DIII football championship ever to be played in the state of Texas.

Here's what you need to know about both of these historic programs heading into Friday's matchup.

Well...that gives Mary Hardin Baylor home field basically, as they are located just north of Austin, and this game in Shenandoah TX is in a suburb of Houston.

Also....I thought they were going to start playing some of these games at the HOF stadium, Canton.

That bracket is a bit misleading....it looks like the Notre Dame/Ferris State game would be the Championship.....but those were not.  In checking a website further, it looks like Notre Dame lost to Valdosta State in the semifinals.  And Valdosta State will play Ferris state for the D-II title.

Oh...and I also see that the D-II game is to be held in Texas:  McKinney TX.....which is a town just north of Dallas.

And, I also see that the FCS title game has been played in Frisco TX for several years now, and I assume so again.  Frisco TX is right next door to McKinney TX.

WTF is the fascination with Texas for holding these lower level title game?

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

And, I also see that the FCS title game has been played in Frisco TX for several years now, and I assume so again.  Frisco TX is right next door to McKinney TX.

WTF is the fascination with Texas for holding these lower level title game?

Texas is willing to host these smaller school games.

I remember watching YSU play in Frisco, TX.

22 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...that gives Mary Hardin Baylor home field basically, as they are located just north of Austin, and this game in Shenandoah TX is in a suburb of Houston.

Also....I thought they were going to start playing some of these games at the HOF stadium, Canton.

Tom Benson Stadium in Canton will host the Amos Alonzo Stagg Bowl in 2020 & 2021.

It will be a short drive for me to watch my Purple Raiders play. 

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Texas is willing to host these smaller school games.

I remember watching YSU play in Frisco, TX.

I suspect a lot of places are willing to host them.

And the thing is....its not like it is real warm in Dallas  this time of year..they often have ice storms and cold weather.  Now, if they were holding the games in Jerry World, that would be something.

Hell....there is an idea!   Hold both in that dome,and make it a double header.   Or, even all three if you include the FCS game.

D-III UMHB 14 Mount Union 13 halftime, ESPNU. A near home game for the Texans.

Interesting game, these guys are big for D3.....naturally.

38 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

D-III UMHB 14 Mount Union 13 halftime, ESPNU. A near home game for the Texans.

Interesting game, these guys are big for D3.....naturally.

UMHB 17 MU 13 start 4th......UMHB just looks stronger but it is close.

34 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

UMHB 17 MU 13 start 4th......UMHB just looks stronger but it is close.

UMHB 24 MOUNT UNION 16 with 1:01 to go, it's been a fine season for the Purple Raiders.

Strange playcalling by UMHB to end this game! 4th down 0:50 left......

Archived