THE BROWNS BOARD

HEY Jimmy put a lid on it

Babernakle

15 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'm probably going to shut this thread down soon- it's going nowhere, those that want living room comfort going to a game when it's in the 20s can travel to warmer climes and domed stadiums to watch the Browns when the weather gets cold. As of now the 2019 warm away games would be the 49ers in San Fran and the Cardinals in Arizona. Subject to change- the Broncos (again) and the Titans. 

Fairly stated,   but....for that, we have to rely on the schedule makers.  

As you know, my main hobby really is travel....and like I did just a couple of weeks ago, where I combined my attendance at the Houston game with a week long excursion into parts of east Texas, Mississippi and Louisiana, I would think about doing the same again next year, if possible.  I already have trips planned for next September and October to Lake Ozark, Missouri  (we won't be playing the Chiefs) and Jackson Hole Wyo. respectively.   But....if the schedule makers were to put the Browns into either Arizona or SF in like that first week of December, it is road game trip that I would highly consider to combine with other travel. And though as you know, I have complained about the stadium experience, I would put up with it for 3.5 hours in order to do the thing.

Are you in to go to one of those spots?  (I would not be in to going to Denver in Dec....or to the Tits game)

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Mark O said:

Ummm...its not exactly warm in Santa Clara where the 49ers play.  Not as bad as it used to be at old Candlestink Park but its not exactly a warm climate.   Though it might be a game for me to make the trip up the coast for....pretty cheap flights on Southwest to the bay area if you plan ahead.

Mark Twain said that the coldest winter he ever spent was a summer in San Francisco......nevertheless....it actually has seemed that  that area is less blustery in like December.  I have only ever been there in spring.  As noted, I would combine it with a trip to some other parts of CAL.   Take a drive down the Big Sur coast. Over to Pinnacles NP. Into the central Valley over by Bakersfield for another NP. 

What would such a trip there be like in December?

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

If you've been following this thread, going to an NFL game for a family of four has already been priced out of the reach of a lot of fans. So follow along- why would Joe Six Pack vote money to build, or improve a stadium that he can't even afford the price of admission to? 

You're right hoorta, Joe Six Pack would never vote against his own best interests. 

Even if it was sold by a conman from New York City with a stupid mantra printed on cheap, shitty red hats. 

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

You're right hoorta, Joe Six Pack would never vote against his own best interests. 

Even if it was sold by a conman from New York City with a stupid mantra printed on cheap, shitty red hats. 

This guy always has to bring politics into every fucking thing.  Fucking asshole.

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

lol at all the old "snowflakes" now complaining about Cleveland weather. In my day, browns fans went to games in nov/dec in a loincloth with a sack full of D batteries ready for that Elway Twat to come near enough to em……..

Yeah, honestly the idea of being up there for a winter game doesn't phase me... I'd be more concerned with making the 40+ mile drive in bad weather - which wouldn't change regardless if there was an open-air stadium or a domed one at the end of my drive. 

On 12/13/2018 at 2:13 AM, Ghoolie said:

Hey Babernuts. and I say that with love. I am now worried about you. If you say blasphemous shit like this in public, you would get hung outside naked by your peepee and spray painted orange and Brown. As you can see from the reaction, to a real Browns fan the thought of a roof and an enclosed stadium is as appealing as offering free testicle removal using a football tee. Here are some statistics for you....

• Men who attend home games in a domed stadium are 137.288 % likely to become homosexual, if they already aren't. 
  • Women who attend home games in a domed stadium are whores, and 204.3 % more likely to have adultery in the bathrooms.
  • Browns fans who talk about wanting a dome stadium are 3,751% more likely to be deported and/or have big things shoved up their ass

Don't be that guy. Go get yourself some battery headed underwear, put your granrled off, nubby divk into a thimble, cover it with a sock and go watch you some browns out in the elements. It'll make a man out of you.

🙂  Nuthin but love, dude.

Not just the attendance on cold days would go up but why would you not want to take all  variables out of the game shitty footing wet football wind etc.  I work in the cold all year it’s nice to be some what warm on the weekends and drink a cold beer.  Just sayin. 

On 12/13/2018 at 6:04 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Oh I don’t want the city to pay for the cap of it was to get done jimmy need to pay out of his pocket.  No stadium should be built with public money

1 hour ago, Babernakle said:

Oh I don’t want the city to pay for the cap of it was to get done jimmy need to pay out of his pocket.  No stadium should be built with public money

Jimmy isn't Stan Kroenke. He's already sunk millions into stadium renovations. You're nuts if you think he's going to shell out $200 million more because some people think a dome would be cool.  

On 12/13/2018 at 3:21 PM, Clevfan4life said:

In my day, browns fans went to games in nov/dec in a loincloth

...and we threw snowballs at Pat/Super Patriot.   Which, back then, was more exciting than the game(s)

But now we're civilized.

3 hours ago, Babernakle said:

Not just the attendance on cold days would go up but why would you not want to take all  variables out of the game shitty footing wet football wind etc.  I work in the cold all year it’s nice to be some what warm on the weekends and drink a cold beer.  Just sayin. 

Dude, the attendance would NOT go up. It might go down. The Browns have PACKED the house in the most frigid days on Earth. NEVER did we not sell out when it was cold. Honestly, you must not be much of a Browns fan, or you are pretty young....if not...you are weird................. and I don't mean to be mean, but dude.............no fucking Browns fan, no real Browns fan even wants to take a good shit in domed stadium, let alone see the Browns play in one.

WE LIVE FOR COLD, SNOWY WEATHER FOOTBALL

55 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Dude, the attendance would NOT go up. It might go down. The Browns have PACKED the house in the most frigid days on Earth. NEVER did we not sell out when it was cold. Honestly, you must not be much of a Browns fan, or you are pretty young....if not...you are weird................. and I don't mean to be mean, but dude.............no fucking Browns fan, no real Browns fan even wants to take a good shit in domed stadium, let alone see the Browns play in one.

Correct- Babushka must be pretty young. We packed the house for the infamous Red Right 88. Yeah, I was there, looked it up and the game time temperature was degrees. Cold? Nah, not if you have an expedition parka- like I was wearing for the game. This wasn't football, but it was at the NHL's Winter Classic a few years ago at the University of Michigan's stadium. 13 degrees, wind chill zero- see many empty seats? Only minor problem is keeping the beer from freezing.  :D 

It's a very simple proposition- win games, and they will come, regardless of the weather. The wimps can stay home if they think it's too cold. 

No automatic alt text available.

11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

That is right.......just two weeks ago I attended my very first professional football game in Houston's dome.....and I declare right now that I refused to take a shit in that stadium for just that reason!!!    (but, sorry, I did have to take a piss....at my age "holding it" is not an option....and I didn't want to sit and watch the game in pants that I had pissed in....out of deference to my own comfort and in respect to the others I was wish.....so I used their pissoir's.)

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

Correct- Babushka must be pretty young. We packed the house for the infamous Red Right 88. Yeah, I was there, looked it up and the game time temperature was degrees. Cold? Nah, not if you have an expedition parka- like I was wearing for the game. This wasn't football, but it was at the NHL's Winter Classic a few years ago at the University of Michigan's stadium. 13 degrees, wind chill zero- see many empty seats? Only minor problem is keeping the beer from freezing.  :D 

It's a very simple proposition- win games, and they will come, regardless of the weather. The wimps can stay home if they think it's too cold. 

I was at the red right 88 game as well.  Coldest fucking day in my life.    Wind chill was like minus 25 or something.  It was crazy.  But I still remember it to this day and yes the stadium was packed.  Standing room only as I recall.

7 hours ago, Mark O said:

I was at the red right 88 game as well.  Coldest fucking day in my life.    Wind chill was like minus 25 or something.  It was crazy.  But I still remember it to this day and yes the stadium was packed.  Standing room only as I recall.

And it probably felt even colder walking out of the Stadium after being that close to winning and advancing to the AFC Championship Game. Must have been heart-breaking. 

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

And it probably felt even colder walking out of the Stadium after being that close to winning and advancing to the AFC Championship Game. Must have been heart-breaking. 

I don't think I could feel anything at that point.   I was 11 years old.   Still remember the sound the stadium made when we all realized that the pass was intercepted.

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

I don't think I could feel anything at that point.   I was 11 years old.   Still remember the sound the stadium made when we all realized that the pass was intercepted.

I was 5 years old. My dad had recorded the game on our relatively new VCR. 

I watched that tape over and over in the months to follow, hoping that if I watched it enough the ending would change. 

5 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I was 5 years old. My dad had recorded the game on our relatively new VCR. 

I watched that tape over and over in the months to follow, hoping that if I watched it enough the ending would change. 

We recorded it as well but only watched it once so we could see a replay of what happened.   I have a DVD of the game here now.

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

You could have heard a pin drop after that interception. I didn't need a replay. I was in what was to become the Dawg Pound, Red Right 88 happened right in front of us- and I can still see it in my mind to this day. Hah, we couldn't feel much either- mostly because in that era high octane non-freezable adult beverages were pretty easy to get into the stadium. Yeah- I had a couple of my Alaska pals with me. When you've experienced -40 in Fairbanks, zero is Banana Belt weather by comparison. 

4 hours ago, Mark O said:

Christ...you're old.   :)

LOL, but not as old as me. I won't give you my exact age, but I was well into my 30s that year Mark.   :) 

On 12/13/2018 at 3:21 PM, Clevfan4life said:

lol at all the old "snowflakes" now complaining about Cleveland weather. In my day, browns fans went to games in nov/dec in a loincloth with a sack full of D batteries ready for that Elway Twat to come near enough to em……..

That was before the metal detectors and strip searches to get in

On 12/11/2018 at 7:22 PM, jcam222 said:

Those of you who believe that choosing a warm dome over a cold stadium makes someone a pussy may have big balls but those balls seem to be paired with tiny brains LOL

Hell since being frozen makes you so manly you should turn off all heat in your home when you watch the game Saturday night. That would make you even tougher 🙄

LMA9

Archived