THE BROWNS BOARD

HEY Jimmy put a lid on it

Babernakle

Baker came out and said he wants more fans in the stands. I don’t blame him for than he’s kept his ends of the bargain, but dam it’s cold this time of year. We have all been there this time of year and it’s cold but when the wind is blowing which is always fuk me I’m out sorry baker. So jimmy how bout you bust out some cash and put a roof on the stadium and enclose the sides. Hell he wouldn’t have to heat the dam place. But if this is a glimps of the future it’s time to sweeten the put and treat the fans just a little more 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're cleveland fans....it aint the weather keeping that stadium from being sold out. It doesnt need a roof, it needs a reduction in ticket prices and beer that diesnt cost what a bottle of premium french wine does for one fucking cup. 

Paying over $100 to sit in lower earth orbit is so.ething people arent gonna do a whole lot of times. 

Don't be pussified.    The weather didn't stop  85,000 people come out to see the games in December in the old stadium....standing room only, back when they were always winning big time.

WINNING brings the fans out. 

(but...OK, call me a pussy...because I do not like the stadium experience...I have expressed this before....but lower prices and winning would certainly help)

Guys you have to realize that your competing with tv now.  I’m sorry but I’m not going to go to a game where it’s 0 out when I can watch the game on a 65” tv in hd and be warm.  Now the tickets and beer that a different story. But putting a lid on the place probably get Cleveland a super bowl that no one in Cleveland could attend 

I look forward to going to another game late season, with Canton Mike, in a freaking blizzard.

10 degrees above zero? piece of cake.

Wind roaring, snow slapping everything, ... oh yeah.

The players are all in on winning for them, AND US, and I'd happily be there.

You just dress for the cold, and you're good. Dad and I always remembered the worst cold weather games we went to.

7 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I look forward to going to another game late season, with Canton Mike, in a freaking blizzard.

10 degrees above zero? piece of cake.

Wind roaring, snow slapping everything, ... oh yeah.

The players are all in on winning for them, AND US, and I'd happily be there.

You just dress for the cold, and you're good. Dad and I always remembered the worst cold weather games we went to.

The only one left this year is the (B)itchy pussies.    Otherwise you have to wait until next year.....

Sorry but Ill take a dome thank you very much. I sat in the game Sunday and Ill sit in a lot worse BUT give me a choice of that or watching in a tshirt and I'm in on a dome. As far as ticket prices being reduced LOL we are winning now , you can bet your A$$ that is not happening. 

3 hours ago, Babernakle said:

Baker came out and said he wants more fans in the stands. I don’t blame him for than he’s kept his ends of the bargain, but dam it’s cold this time of year. We have all been there this time of year and it’s cold but when the wind is blowing which is always fuk me I’m out sorry baker. So jimmy how bout you bust out some cash and put a roof on the stadium and enclose the sides. Hell he wouldn’t have to heat the dam place. But if this is a glimps of the future it’s time to sweeten the put and treat the fans just a little more 

Give me a fucking break.  This is Cleveland.  And it isn't even cold yet.

2 hours ago, Babernakle said:

Baker came out and said he wants more fans in the stands. I don’t blame him for than he’s kept his ends of the bargain, but dam it’s cold this time of year. We have all been there this time of year and it’s cold but when the wind is blowing which is always fuk me I’m out sorry baker. So jimmy how bout you bust out some cash and put a roof on the stadium and enclose the sides. Hell he wouldn’t have to heat the dam place. But if this is a glimpse of the future it’s time to sweeten the put and treat the fans just a little more 

I've been to several domed stadiums. Ford Field, Lucas Oil, NRG Stadium, and Edward Jones when the Rams played there in St. Louis. If that's the ambiance you want- you may as well just sit at home and watch the game on your widescreen, because it's exactly the same. It's like sitting in your Man Cave, and oh- BTW, there happens to be a football game going on.  I couldn't freaking believe it a couple weeks ago when we went down for the Houston game. 72 degrees, not a cloud in the sky- and they have the roof closed. Pussies. 

As to putting a dome over First Energy, it's possible- the original architects HOK said it would have to be like putting a plastic lid over a cake from the outside. The cost is conservatively listed at $200 million. So who's going to pay for it? City of Cleveland? Forget about that- they can barely afford the maintenance they're obligated to provide. 

Cold is relative- it's not a problemif you know how to dress for it, and have the proper cold weather gear. Wind kills, as my pal up in Alaska says. You can be comfortable at 40 below- if there's no wind.  I get out on my bicycle routinely when the wind chill is 15 degrees- for hours. Sat through the NHL Winter Classic in Ann Arbor when it was in the teens, and yes, I was in the original Dawg Pound for Red Right 88- and can't say I was cold for any of it. If you remember the Bengals- Chargers froze Bowl playoff game, call me crazy but we were at Snowshoe skiing. Took a couple runs, the air temperature was -29, and the 40mph winds gave a wind chill of -78. 

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

We're cleveland fans....it ain't the weather keeping that stadium from being sold out. It doesn't need a roof, it needs a reduction in ticket prices and beer that doesn't cost what a bottle of premium french wine does for one fucking cup. 

Paying over $100 to sit in lower earth orbit is something people arent gonna do a whole lot of times. 

I understand your complaint about prices. But didya know, the Browns have the lowest average ticket prices in the NFL?   https://www.statista.com/statistics/193595/average-ticket-price-in-the-nfl-by-team/ Patriots would cost you double, Chargers triple. Now that the Browns are showing signs of life, look for Jimmy to start raising ticket prices as fast as he dares. 

Yeah, concession prices are criminal- but that's everywhere in the NFL. I paid $11.50 Sunday for a 16 ounce Great Lakes draft, more than the cost of a six-pack at your friendly local beverage store. It's why I only bought one, and had several glasses of wine beforehand at the parking lot. It's why Tailgating has increased dramatically, fans aren't stupid. If you want to talk major rip-off, our banned Patriots fan said Jerry was charging $100 bucks for parking when the Super Bowl was in Dallas. 

There are ways to make it feel like it’s not a dome my biggest bitch is wind. I hate wind.  Like I said early they wouldn’t even have to heat it.  But cap it and it’s an all year round sports facility.  Has anyone been to jerry’s World it’s amazing.  

Couldn't disagree more. The AFC North IS COLD and you must come through our stadiums to make it to the Super Bowl, like going through Green Bay in the NFC .

I almost started a thread on Sunday when I saw Baker running off the field in between plays to warm up and taking till the last second to run out to the huddle.. I was thinking "Hey Baker, its not that cold!!!".  I remember sitting in the face of the open end of Municipal Stadium with a steady 20 MPH wind whipping into the stadium. and snow storms and -10 degree wind chills in January(when we were playoff contenders.).. The Municipal Parking lot on the open lake drinking beer and huddling around the coleman stove..

THIS IS BROWNS FOOTBALL!! This is what makes the AFC North the toughest division in football, or least it used to be. And with the Browns coming back to life, it will once again.

If they put a top on our stadium, I'd start a movement to blow a hole in it... WELCOME TO NE OHIO Baker Mayfield.. Better get used to it, because one day soon you are going to win us an AFC Championship game in January in a blinding snow storm.. Mark my words.

BobPound!

I absolutely hate the idea of the Browns playing indoors at home. Loathe the idea with every fiber of my body.

That being said, fiscally there is no bigger waste of (taxpayer) money than building an open-air football stadium in the North. That stadium sits empty 95% of the year. 

Listen setting in the cold does not make you tuff it make you cold.  The whole point is to make the game a great experience.  You make the experience great the people will come, the people come the stadium will be loud.  You put a top on you really make it loud.  On top of that you can engineer the stadium to be louder too.  

Never had a problem filling the old stadium... The problem is a 0-16 season last year.. The problem is residual anger due to the anthem shit.. The problem is that prices are too high for so many people... It isn't just the ticket prices, which the cinci game still has reasonably priced tickets, and I am thinking about biting..

But 30 dollar parking, insanely priced drinks and food all combines to make it a 500 dollar plus experience for 4 people(2 adults 2 kids).. People are not going to shell that kind of money for a half assed team...Watch the stands next year.. Bet we are sold out all year..

Cold doesn't make you tough.. But it does make you a Cleveland Browns fan.. Period.. I will never accept a Dome In Cleveland..

55 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Listen setting in the cold does not make you tuff it make you cold.  The whole point is to make the game a great experience.  You make the experience great the people will come, the people come the stadium will be loud.  You put a top on you really make it loud.  On top of that you can engineer the stadium to be louder too.  

Go eat a fcuking cream puff.

Those of you who believe that choosing a warm dome over a cold stadium makes someone a pussy may have big balls but those balls seem to be paired with tiny brains LOL

Hell since being frozen makes you so manly you should turn off all heat in your home when you watch the game Saturday night. That would make you even tougher 🙄

I don’t blame anyone who wants to stay home; if no playoff contention, in Cleveland, in December. 

That being said, if the Browns win, and things are looking good come December 23rd, I would imagine a LOUD and relentless home crowd against the Bengals. 

Get drunk before the game if you must, who needs beeer when the Browns don’t suck anymore

We get it Woody, yer a pussy.. We get it.. Really, we do.. default_facepalm.gif

Some of my fondest memories as a kid are at Municipal stadium..  Both watching the Browns in shit weather back when the Browns were good and the Steelers were shit and with 3,000 people for a double header with the Redsox with Tiant on the mound ...

F u c k the dome idea..

Ya know what?  For many people, as they get older (I'm over 60 now), ya just can't stay out in the cold as long as you could when you were young, drunk & stoned.  The body ages and the extremities get colder, faster.   PLUS, ya get WISER as ya get older.....and ya think it's just down right stupid to sit in cold, sideways rain for multiple hours.  But hey, knock yourselves out. lol

45 minutes ago, Axe said:

We get it Woody, yer a pussy.. We get it.. Really, we do.. default_facepalm.gif

Some of my fondest memories as a kid are at Municipal stadium..  Both watching the Browns in shit weather back when the Browns were good and the Steelers were shit and with 3,000 people for a double header with the Redsox with Tiant on the mound ...

F u c k the dome idea..

yep. folks have to learn to dress for the weather. Outdoors is good. Woody has never been outdoors, it seems - he may live in a bubble suit when he doesn't have a reason to.

So my question to the post is this… How is it that the New England Patriots sell out every home game with an outdoor stadium and they have  probably just as bad weather. Now dont get me wrong, I don’t live in Ohio,  I became a Browns fan since I was a kid because of Brian Sipe on TV. And Yes I live in California. One of these days I will make it to a home winter game in Cleveland and I may have a different opinion. But I think with winning will  sellout games.  You should see the beer and concession prices out here in California, they are absolutely insane. But this is a F’d up state. 

7 hours ago, Babernakle said:

There are ways to make it feel like it’s not a dome my biggest bitch is wind. I hate wind.  Like I said early they wouldn’t even have to heat it.  But cap it and it’s an all year round sports facility.  Has anyone been to jerry’s World it’s amazing.  

Hell, they'd not only have to heat it when it's 10 degrees out- that roof won't be R-30, air conditioning would have to be installed too- for use when it's 85 degrees in the summer. I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess how much the utility bill is on a domed stadium that size- you willing to pay it? That eventually would be factored in to your ticket price, and guys are already complaining it's too expensive. I can tell you this much- the 10 circuit breakers on my 10 story hospital building were set up to handle 170 kilovolts- and that's penny ante for a stadium that's at least 10 times that size. 

6 hours ago, Babernakle said:

Yawn- I was at the game Sunday, with a Tailgate temperature starting off at 17 degrees,  and hate to tell you I wasn't cold- and I didn't even have all my heavy duty cold weather gear on. Some guys are just going to be too cheap to buy a pair of Sorel boots, lined windproof pants, couple layers of synthetics, a nice windproof parka, ski gloves, and a nice cap. Here's a good place to start shopping....   https://www.mountainhardwear.com/

A quick perusal shows there are at least nine other open air NFL stadiums that have the potential to have game temperatures in the teens or lower- so why aren't their fans crying to have domes? As the above poster said- the Patriots playoff games are sold out- and I remember a couple being played in snowstorms. Back at the old stadium in the Kosar days- Modell had no problems totally selling out 80,000 (not the current 67,000) tickets to playoff games. Winning will bring the fans back regardless of the weather.  While I'm at it- those wimps in Tampa are crying they want a dome- because it's too hot in September and October. Boo-hoo. 

5 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

Never had a problem filling the old stadium... The problem is a 0-16 season last year.. The problem is residual anger due to the anthem shit.. The problem is that prices are too high for so many people... It isn't just the ticket prices, which the cinci game still has reasonably priced tickets, and I am thinking about biting..

But 30 dollar parking, insanely priced drinks and food all combines to make it a 500 dollar plus experience for 4 people(2 adults 2 kids).. People are not going to shell that kind of money for a half assed team...Watch the stands next year.. Bet we are sold out all year..

Cold doesn't make you tough.. But it does make you a Cleveland Browns fan.. Period.. I will never accept a Dome In Cleveland..

First- the 100 level of First Energy is already 100% sold out to season ticket holders. I'm in Section 111.  Honked me off the sheer number of guys who were willing to sit at home and sell their tickets on StubHub et al to Panthers fans. As to selling out- got a feeling there will still be tickets available in the 500 level next year.  

Believe me, and I already said it- I feel for the guys who have a family. One game a year is a big expense to take the wife and kids to a game. I'm paying close to $2,000 every year for my two seats, and that doesn't count wear and tear on the car + gas money for the 440 mile round trip to Cleveland. 

PS- should you decide to go, we can give you directions to the Board Tailgate lot. It's still $10 bucks, about a 20 minute walk, but if you have small kids- the Rapid Station is a few hundred feet away and for an extra $2 per person, it will drop you off right at the stadium. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Hell, they'd not only have to heat it when it's 10 degrees out- that roof won't be R-30, air conditioning would have to be installed too- for use when it's 85 degrees in the summer. I wouldn't even want to hazard a guess how much the utility bill is on a domed stadium that size- you willing to pay it? That eventually would be factored in to your ticket price, and guys are already complaining it's too expensive. I can tell you this much- the 10 circuit breakers on my 10 story hospital building were set up to handle 170 kilovolts- and that's penny ante for a stadium that's at least 10 times that size. 

Yawn- I was at the game Sunday, with a Tailgate temperature starting off at 17 degrees,  and hate to tell you I wasn't cold- and I didn't even have all my heavy duty cold weather gear on. Some guys are just going to be too cheap to buy a pair of Sorel boots, lined windproof pants, couple layers of synthetics, a nice windproof parka, ski gloves, and a nice cap. Here's a good place to start shopping....   https://www.mountainhardwear.com/

A quick perusal shows there are at least nine other open air NFL stadiums that have the potential to have game temperatures in the teens or lower- so why aren't their fans crying to have domes? As the above poster said- the Patriots playoff games are sold out- and I remember a couple being played in snowstorms. Back at the old stadium in the Kosar days- Modell had no problems totally selling out 80,000 (not the current 67,000) tickets to playoff games. Winning will bring the fans back regardless of the weather.  While I'm at it- those wimps in Tampa are crying they want a dome- because it's too hot in September and October. Boo-hoo. 

First- the 100 level of First Energy is already 100% sold out to season ticket holders. I'm in Section 111.  Honked me off the sheer number of guys who were willing to sit at home and sell their tickets on StubHub et al to Panthers fans. As to selling out- got a feeling there will still be tickets available in the 500 level next year.  

Believe me, and I already said it- I feel for the guys who have a family. One game a year is a big expense to take the wife and kids to a game. I'm paying close to $2,000 every year for my two seats, and that doesn't count wear and tear on the car + gas money for the 440 mile round trip to Cleveland. 

PS- should you decide to go, we can give you directions to the Board Tailgate lot. It's still $10 bucks, about a 20 minute walk, but if you have small kids- the Rapid Station is a few hundred feet away and for an extra $2 per person, it will drop you off right at the stadium. 

I was lucky enough My sister got me a pair of Sorels a couple of years ago for xmas.. They are life savers!

Archived