THE BROWNS BOARD

Dorsey's hit rate !

Ghoolie

Can one of you more detail/analytic types offer up some type of stats on what Dorsey's hit rate at adding players is? As the benchmark, I am talking about how many new guys have we acquired, how many are starting and /or contributing and then how many we let go.

Clearly, he hit the ball out of the park with the two #1 picks. Even to the casual observer, the 2018 Browns have more good players than at any time since 1999. Logically if Dorsey has a comparable year with the draft and 2019 offseason, the Browns will have what, 4, 5 more new contributing players? Imagine the 2019 team with the addition of a new solid DB, an inside DL bull and a big WR target who can draw double coverage. And what if 2 of those guys are at the stellar level, which doesn't seem to be a stretch.

Furthermore, unless you really hate the Browns, you have to believe that player candidates in 2019 are going to have an all-time high-level of enthusiasm to play here. Momentum....it happens on a much broader spectrum than just during a game.  You have to be dead not to feel the rebirth.

present roster https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/CLE   roster in Dec. a year ago https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/archive/203/CLE   it's a puzzle that can be put together. The only cut loose guys seeing real action are Haden(Sashi) & Gordon. Danny Shelton & Caleb Brantley are being seen on inactive list weekly. Around 25'ish are still hanging on to lower roster spots elsewhere. Britt nor Meder have a team. Naz is getting rotational reps in TB. Quite the over haul. Should put Dorsey in GM of the year conversation.. 

Unless this owner does something really FUBAR, and God knows as Browns fans, we have seen it before, optimism for a spectacular 2019 is not far-fetched. What a difference firing Hue Jackson has made? What a difference Dorsey has made, in one year. Amazing.

11 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

Can one of you more detail/analytic types offer up some type of stats on what Dorsey's hit rate at adding players is? As the benchmark, I am talking about how many new guys have we acquired, how many are starting and /or contributing and then how many we let go.

Clearly, he hit the ball out of the park with the two #1 picks. Even to the casual observer, the 2018 Browns have more good players than at any time since 1999. Logically if Dorsey has a comparable year with the draft and 2019 offseason, the Browns will have what, 4, 5 more new contributing players? Imagine the 2019 team with the addition of a new solid DB, an inside DL bull and a big WR target who can draw double coverage. And what if 2 of those guys are at the stellar level, which doesn't seem to be a stretch.

Furthermore, unless you really hate the Browns, you have to believe that player candidates in 2019 are going to have an all-time high-level of enthusiasm to play here. Momentum....it happens on a much broader spectrum than just during a game.  You have to be dead not to feel the rebirth.

Excellent points.  I do also think that we can use help at Linebacker.

As far as who Dorsey may have missed on....I won't conclusively say he missed on anyone, and if he did, they may have just been fringe players.

Austin Corbett is the one guy that has not stepped up so far, but he is just a rookie for christ's sake....so it is too early to tell about him.

Same for 3rd round pick DE Chad Thomas...

6th rounders Ratley and Simeon Thomas.....have given minimal contributions....but they were just 6th rounders, and both may still have potential (or...did they cut Simeon?)

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Excellent points.  I do also think that we can use help at Linebacker.

As far as who Dorsey may have missed on....I won't conclusively say he missed on anyone, and if he did, they may have just been fringe players.

Austin Corbett is the one guy that has not stepped up so far, but he is just a rookie for christ's sake....so it is too early to tell about him.

Same for 3rd round pick DE Chad Thomas...

6th rounders Ratley and Simeon Thomas.....have given minimal contributions....but they were just 6th rounders, and both may still have potential (or...did they cut Simeon?)

We released him on Sept 1st,, He was picked up by the Seacocks....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simeon_Thomas

20 minutes ago, nickers said:

We released him on Sept 1st,, He was picked up by the Seacocks....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simeon_Thomas

Thanks for the clarification

But, I see that he is now back on the street:  On September 2, 2018, Thomas was claimed off waivers by the Seattle Seahawks.[7] He was waived on September 8, 2018 and was re-signed to the practice squad.[8][9] He was released on December 6, 2018.[10]

Archived